Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
I was at the Fort Mill graduation.

Does the punishment fit the crime? No, it is excessive, but are there any alternatives? Twenty-five hours of community service (no jail, no fine)?

Fort Mill graduated close to 600 students. If there was a "hoot" or "cheer" after every name we would have been in the Winthrop Coliseum for an uncomfortable amount of time.

Fortunately, next year, the number of Fort Mill grads should be less than 400.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
I thought about just that as I was watching the video...it was one little short whoop, but what if everyone did it? In a different environment like the graduations I'm used to, it wouldn't have been that noticeable, but in the dead silence all around, it really did stand out as inappropriate.

Still don't agree with the handcuffs and criminal charges, but I can understand why it was addressed as unacceptable.

My biggest concern as an administrator would be whether the criminal charges will stick in court; a less extreme tactic might be more easily enforceable and less likely to come back in their faces. If the charges are dismissed or overturned, it might be an invitation for other people to try to challenge the authority of the system.

Wow...big drop in numbers for next year.

I've got good news and bad news...
Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
New high school, Nation Ford, gets a senior class next year.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
Ah, forgot about that...we'll be going through the same process down here over the next couple of years with Cane Bay and Ashley Ridge. They open this coming school year and will have their first graduating classes in '11.

I've got good news and bad news...
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard