Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#106648 06/16/08 04:19 PM
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
Anyone have any N/S girls game comments?
I was there but I've never seen a NS game before.
I'm wondering about the level of play in general.
If it was about like always.

thanks,

goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
Well since no one is commenting on it, I must say that it is sure is a nice event for the kids. Getting to play on an excellent field with and against other good players is a real treat. A taste of college ball I suppose. Getting fed and housed for free and a free T shirt and shorts. Lots of nice perks.
The overall play was pretty good considering only one practice.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Farkas - I felt that the overall play of the game was "about what was expected" with only one practice afforded the players and coaches. There was a very good display of individual skill, but the overall cohesiveness of the teams play was sporadic due in large part to these players not having played together before -- some were still learning each others names in pregame warmups!

Hopefully in the future, we will return to bringing the players in on Thursday, and this will allow us to hold four practices rather than just one session. Of course, for us to do so, it will require more $$$ which is the great enigma!

Thanks for the kind words and I do believe that all the players and coaches had a positive all-star experience. I for one, loved the setup at USC Upstate - a great facility within walking distance to all functions and a great pitch and stadium for the match!

There are a number of great pictures of the North-South available courtesy of the Greenville News. The girls link is Girls NSSC Pictures. The boys link is Boys NSSC Pictures.

J
goal kick
goal kick
J
The North/South games was a great experience for my daughter. Thank you to all the coaches and volunteers who make this event happen each year.

Link Copied to Clipboard