Shibumi/Chico,

Thanks for all of your contributions over the years, it has been very educational. In my early years on these boards, you gave me a perspective on youth soccer that I never had. You offered great insight on high school state playoffs, advanced training, competitive youth soccer ("super club"), ODP, Region III Premier League and college recruiting. These were places that I had never been, but now I have a clearer undertanding.....thanks to your informative posts. As momofboywholovessoccer points out above, you have helped educate many young soccer parents by sharing the experiences you have had with your daughter.

I know you have never tried to come off as a "soccer elitist", despite your quick wit and massive intellect. You don't have to apologize, it's up to the rest of us to catch up to you! You fought the establishment and always had the best interest of the rec players in mind, even though your daughter advanced past that level a long time ago.

Don't go too far away, please keep an eye and an ear on what's going on, especially on the girls' side, and jump back into the fray whenever you can. (We need the help).

Continued good luck to Lexington HS, CESA, USC and Kira. I hope you and your wife enjoy retirement.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.