OP Offline
World Cup
7/1/08

Mega Soccer Club Comes Together
http://www.wrdw.com/sports/headlines/22779924.html
Kevin Faigle, WRDW-TV (Augusta, SC)

corner kick
corner kick
This may have already been answered on this board and I just missed it. (if so I appologise)

But which state is the new club going to be registered in or can a club be registered in 2 states?

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
There were several threads concerning this back in the winter and spring:

Earlier Aiken Augusta merger thread

and

Another Aiken Augusta merger thread

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
This is going to be a great thing for our area. Everyone is pretty excited! http://www.ga-scbulls.com/

corner kick
corner kick
Agreed...this has the potential to raise the bar yet again in SC.

If I am reading the website right it looks like they will register teams with GYSA, SYCSA, and Sandlapper. How does that work? Can the same club register in two states or can players register in multiple states?

What ever the answer I'm sure they will work it out.
Best of luck!

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
World Cup
World Cup
I've been told it depends on the make up of that particular team (majority rules). Don't quote me, but this is from the grapevine of the week. They will have to be cautious when advancing levels in Georgia if this is the case, as well as working towards premier in sc, from season to season. Should one or two players be replaced by members from the opposite state, it could cause a wrinkle.

Many were tentative about this with the price increase, but I am really hoping the large player pool helps our area field teams in all age groups, and even puts together some top level squads.

J
jjj Offline
bench
bench
J
I was talking with one of the coaches involved with the Bulls and he told me that if the majority of the players were from either GA or SC, then that would be the state where that particular team would play.

World Cup
World Cup
Ok, so they have to have the entire club on one side or the other. In SC you can sign up to be in classic or challenge leagues. In Georgia, do you have to work your way up the ranks or can you sign up just the same?

World Cup
World Cup
Have the club been registered in Ga or Sc?

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
They are not listing any teams on their website. I was wondering about the team that is listed in the SCSCL U-15... LCSC Aiken Fireballs? Is the GA-SC Red Bulls a US Club?

S
throw in
throw in
S
Per their website, the GA-SC Bulls belong to US Club Soccer and USYSA (via GYSA and SCYSA).

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
I see there are teams lsited as SC Bulls Red in the Challenge Leagues and SC Bulls Black in the Classic Leagues of SCYSA. I am assuming that these are Aiken/Augusta Teams. If show, they have a large number of teams entered.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
beach...in order (both PMSL and SCSCL - no R3PL) u13 and up
1- CUFC - 34 teams
2- CESA - 32 teams
3- LCSC - 19 teams
4- MPSC - 18 teams
5- USA - 14 teams
6- CFC - 13 teams
7- DSC, CASA - 11 teams
9- SSC, SC Bulls - 10 teams
11- DISA, CRSA - 9 teams
13- LTSC, Coast - 8 teams
15- Bridge, FSA - 6 teams
17- Cesa Cola, JIYSC, CSSC, Sumter - 5 teams
21- FSCG, LFC, CUSC - 4 teams
24- LLSC, BSC - 3 teams
26- FYSC, LBSC, TCSC, NASA, HHBSC, GSC, GSYMCA - 2 temas
33- Easley, SAFC, SAA - 1 team

35 clubs, 273 teams
12.5% - CUFC
11.7% - CESA
6.9% - LCSC
6.6% - MPSC
5.1% - USA
4.8% CFC

Almost 50% of the teams from 6 clubs.
25% of the teams from 4 clubs in the City of Columbia immediate vicinity

Last edited by futbol(soccer); 07/23/08 09:49 PM.
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Is Augusta Arsenal a part of this? Sorry if I missed something....

world cup
world cup
I think it says York County will field a total of 16 teams in the South Carolina League this coming season.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

I think it says York County will field a total of 16 teams in the South Carolina League this coming season.

this may be the wrong thread but it goes along with this post by Hurst66.
there was a total of 11 players heldover in alabama boys/girls.3 were from york county/.columbia also had 3 and the other 5 were spread around the state. the 91 boys had a total of 6 chosen to move into the pool and 2 of those were from rock hill.not bad that out of 17 players recognized 5 were from rock hill/tega cay.not bad when you also consider there is only 2 really small clubs in town.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
From what I understand is that Augusta Arsenal choose not to be involved when Columbia County, North Augusta, and Aiken merged.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
So who are the following:
LFC - Lancaster???
BSC - Barnwell???
FYSC -??
LBSC -??
TCSC - Tri County???
NASA - ?? only NASA I know is in Atlanta
GSC-??

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Futbol, I will give it a go:

LFC - Lancaster
BSC - Barnwell
FYSC - Furman
LBSC - Long Bay SC
TCSC - Tri County
NASA - North Augusta
GSC - Georgetown

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
RECCOS

Thanks.... I assume you are guesing
Lancaster and Barnwell I agree, Furman and Tri-County as well

Unless it is a typo North Augusta is supposed to be NASC
Where is LBSC ? and neither LBSC or GEorgetown show up as SCYSA affiliates????

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
I may be mistaken regarding North Augusta ... perhaps soomeone else could shed some light?

I believe LBSC is in NC - just north of Myrtle Beach! I suspect new affiliates are not yet listed on the SCYSA website?

Georgetown is listed on the SCYSA website as an affiliate.

T
throw in
throw in
T
New club in Myrtle Beach, mostly girls from the southern area of the Grand Strand.

They have a U15 girls team (mainly girls cut from Coast FA over the years) and a U13 girls team that played U12 for Coast FA last year, but switched to Long Bay this year.

There are two boys teams, U11 and U10.

Soccer in the Myrtle Beach area is still dysfunctional. Maybe this will end up being a club that can do things right.

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Thanks for correcting me SoccerMom.

With my track record it looks like I need to stay out of the club name guessing game!!

H
bench
bench
H
SoccerMom,

Who is running the club that can correct the "dysfunction"?

T
throw in
throw in
T
Well, my guess is that you are from the Myrtle Beach area, so you probably know.

I have no wish to debate on here. There are lots of problems with soccer in Horry and Georgetown counties. It is very unfortunate, because the ones that suffer are the children.

Who knows, it may all blow up and be as big a mess as other clubs....only time will tell.

I do know what has not worked for all those years, so a change to something is better than being stuck in the situation that has gone on and on and on for years. Pretty soon it will be a second generation of kids in Myrtle Beach who ultimatly pay the price for the problems of egotistical adults.

H
bench
bench
H
Honsetly I'm not all that familar with soccer in MB. I do know that MB would be great place for a club to succeed and there was someone who could correct that problems that you are talking about then it would add one more good area for SC to draw players from.

I know that there was some kind of merging of clubs a year or 2 ago but... I guess you are saying this new club (LBSC)can correct problems that the merger could not?

and if all that is so then what is LBSC going to do that the others in the past could not?

T
throw in
throw in
T
It's not so much correcting problems, as it is running a club that works for the kids, not the other way around.

MB is not like Columbia, Greenville, or Charleston. We don't have lots of kids coming to tryouts. We are not elite here, not like the other three metropolitan areas in the state (well...four if you include Charlotte).

Hopefully the focus of the new club will be on ALL the kids, not just the top 2-5 per team. The level of play between the best and worst on CESA, CU, Bridge, etc, is not that big....it is in MB.

So, it's not a matter of "correcting problems"....it's a matter of doing things differently, with the result being kids who feel a part of the team, kids of ALL level of skill being trained with as much interest as the upper skilled kids, and parents who aren't treated like they should feel lucky to hand over hundreds of dollars in coaching fees only to see their children made to feel inadequate.

Hopefully the new club will do things differently. It will be the only way to succeed.

No, the merger did not work. It really was not a merger, one of the clubs backed out and pretty much turned things over to the other club. Just has not worked out for alot of people.

The older teams that were already in existence have done okay, but the turmoil in the younger ages is growing with each passing season.

J
throw in
throw in
J
That's an interesting take on it.

U
goal kick
goal kick
U
Another take on which clubs are fielding the most challenge & premier teams (U13 and up)

Challenge & Premier Teams by Club

Totals Percentage

1 CESA 25 21%
2 CUFC 18 15%
3 LCSC 9 8%
4 MPSC 9 8%
5 SC BULLS 8 7%
6 BRIDGE 8 7%
7 CFC 7 6%
8 Coast FA 6 5%
9 DISA 5 4%
10 DSC 5 4%
11 CSSC 3 3%
12 SSC 3 3%
13 CASA 2 2%
14 CESA-Col 2 2%
15 FSCG 2 2%
16 CUSC 1 1%
17 HHBSC 1 1%
18 JIYSC 1 1%
19 LLSC 1 1%
20 SAA 1 1%
21 USA 1 1%

Total 118 100%

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Interesting post on the Georgia Soccer Forum:

We want to be called the GA-SC Bulls yet we are recruiting players in South Carolina so we can have the right number (50% + 1) to play in the SCYSA league. Why you ask? Because our new coaches don't think we can compete in Georgia. So it plays out like normal - we'll get our hopes up by losing only to CESA, Bridge, and Columbia United, but by beating teams from Mt. Pleasant, Lexington, and Greenwood. Then we'll go to a tournament and get shellshocked by real competition. Why not play quality teams every week in Georgia and quit trying to get our club on the map by beating puny teams in South Carolina?

The new club is willing to waste several age groups players' careers by forcing them to play only to gain recognition for the good of the club. Hey moms and dads, better pay attention because your rising stars will get little payback in SC. I love the people and state but it will never gain the respect that Georgia youth soccer has - ever. I want my GYSA back..........

http://www.network54.com/Forum/171923/thread/1217287992/SC+Bulls

C
Coach
Coach
C
Seems a little premature for a new club to just assume they'll be beating anybody...even "puny" SC teams. Not wise to take wins for granted...especially when you've given teams in Mt. Pleasant, Lexington and Greenwood every incentive to pull out the stops.

I've got good news and bad news...
World Cup
World Cup
I believe there are other clubs in GA you could try out for or have your kid attend. I'm sure the Bulls would appreicated it as well.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard