Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hobo Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
I did not say not to play. I was simply asking a question and stating that only 5 of the 92 team will be rising juniors next year the rest will be rising seniors, and would they have the same problem as the 91"s did this year. My daughter has had a great experiance with ODP.

That there is an RV Clark......
Hobo #107049 07/13/08 06:04 PM
H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

I did not say not to play. I was simply asking a question and stating that only 5 of the 92 team will be rising juniors next year the rest will be rising seniors, and would they have the same problem as the 91"s did this year. My daughter has had a great experiance with ODP.

i think there will be the same problem.maybe not as bad but some of the same.

Hobo Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
I agree with advantages of the ODP program. But I do understand why a player that has spent her or his last 5-6 summers training all summer, want to take a break before commiting themselves to the college training and studies, if they have already committed to a school. Also alot of the colleges require or expect early commitments to attend their camps, which was the case for one of the 91's this year. The 92G team has been very competitive the last two years, at region. I hope they all come back next year.

That there is an RV Clark......
Hobo #107051 07/13/08 06:17 PM
M
brace
brace
M
Quote:

I agree with advantages of the ODP program. But I do understand why a player that has spent her or his last 5-6 summers training all summer, want to take a break before commiting themselves to the college training and studies, if they have already committed to a school. Also alot of the colleges require or expect early commitments to attend their camps, which was the case for one of the 91's this year. The 92G team has been very competitive the last two years, at region. I hope they all come back next year.

That makes sense, but it would be great for future teams to work hard to find a way to go the extra mile to ensure the continued success of their ODP team.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

Quote:

That makes sense, but it would be great for future teams to work hard to find a way to go the extra mile to ensure the continued success of their ODP team.

At least one of the college coaches in attendance this week doesn't seem overly impressed that his recruit decided not to attend last week's camp after accepting an offer and making a verbal commitment to attend his college.

Given the apparent importance placed on the program by the college coaches, players making verbal commitments to colleges might want to discuss post-commitment ODP participation with his/her future college coach before dropping out of the program. It may be possible the coach would rather the player continue participation in the program rather than attend his/her camp if the player is only capable of attending one.

By the way, Manchester, it is an excellent article you posted in another thread on the benefits of participating in ODP... http://www.scsoccer.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=107604&an=0&page=0#Post107604

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

At least one of the college coaches in attendance this week doesn't seem overly impressed that his recruit decided not to attend last week's camp after accepting an offer and making a verbal commitment to attend his college.

Given the apparent importance placed on the program by the college coaches, players making verbal commitments to colleges might want to discuss post-commitment ODP participation with his/her future college coach before dropping out of the program. It may be possible the coach would rather the player continue participation in the program rather than attend his/her camp if the player is only capable of attending one.

By the way, Manchester, it is an excellent article you posted in another thread on the benefits of participating in ODP... http://www.scsoccer.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=107604&an=0&page=0#Post107604

was this player the coach was talking about a texas or fla kid.for them,participating in odp is a year long process of games and practices and im sure is a benifit for staying in soccer shape.in sc the coaches are giving all the time they can and working to make things better but im not sure how a handful of practices will make that much difference to a coach.

M
brace
brace
M
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I can easily see where a coach would draw a less than flattering conclusion about a player he/she has signed opting out of the program, but maybe I'm wrong. It was be great to hear the opinions of some college coaches on the issue.

And thanks for the compliment on the article. I thought the ones I found were spot on.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard