Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup

I spoke with Irmo girls varsity coach Mike Mauldin at the SCACA Summer Clinic and he informed me of the girls soccer trip that he coordinated to the United Kingdom this summer. The team was comprised of girls from Barnwell, Dutch Fork and Irmo. I thought some of you might be interested as well.

Account from Coach Mauldin:

1. We flew into Edinburgh, Scotland and traveled to Glasgow. We visited both cities and played a match against the Paisley Saints Girls FC. Lindsay Jamison of Barnwell scored two goals and Amy Dherckers of Irmo scored one goal. The final score was 3-1.

2. After a three day visit to Scotland, we traveled through Gretna Green and to the center of England where we stayed three nights in the beautiful city of Manchester. In Manchester we got a guided tour of Old Trafford, Man U's stadium. During our tour we got to see the beautiful green green pitch. Also some of the girls got to touch the pitch and sit in the same seats as the players. The coahces and the girls also sat in Sir Alex's seat and visited the locker rooms. This was very exciting for the girls as well as the coaching staff.

3. On July 11th we played the Urmston Meadowside LFC. Lindsay Jamison and Olivia Ray, both from Barnwell, scored goals and the final score was 2-0. I forgot to mention that our game was to be played on one of the club pitches but had to be rescheduled for Carrington, which is the training facility for Manchester United. The girls got a chance to play on the same pitch that Renaldo, Rooney and the other players train. Very exciting day for the girls.

4. On July 12th we traveled to Tranmere to watch Liverpool vs. Tranmere. Liverpool won 1-0 and the girls found out that Steven Gerrard is really good.

5. Next we traveled to Wales where we played Welshpool. Lindsay Jamison and Courtney Owens from Barnwell scored one goal each. Abby Frick from Irmo scored one and the final score was 3-0.

6. Last but not least we traveled to London, England where we had a guided tour of the city. During our visit we also received a guided tour of Stanford Bridge, Chelsea's Stadium. We also played The Barking Ladies FC. Courtney Owens and Olivia Ray from Barnwell scored one goal each. Rebecca Zobel from Dutch Fork also scored and the final score was 3-2.

This was an amazing trip for these young ladies and I'm sure all will have fond memories

Mike Mauldin

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Congrats to the Barnwell JV girls and Randy Reece on their excellent showing in Europe. I am so proud of what these girls have accomplished over the time they have played together. The future looks bright for this group of young ladies. Way to go girls!!

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
The team also had a player from Dreher, don't want to leave anyone out.

world cup
world cup
Those Barnwell JV girls are really good.

We found out the hard way in the Irmo JV Girls Tournament.

Barnwell will be a team to be reckoned with in a couple of years.

Congratulations Randy. Good job Mike. 4-0 and a lifetime of memories.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
corner kick
corner kick
Where was the picture taken? It looks like the press room at Chelsea FC.

Doin' it the hard way...
goal
goal
Cool!!!! Looks like a great trip!!!

A SHARK ATE ME YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL

Link Copied to Clipboard