Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
goal
goal
Jerome doesn't care!!! Doesn't even review the situation!!! Why are they getting penaltized for a player that doesn't even go there even more?

A SHARK ATE ME YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL
goal
goal
And speaking on the Kirk Burnett thing, what has he done??? He doens't know a D$$$ about soccer. He wants to make his football team that won't make it to the lower state championship at any point be bigger that they will ever will be. Lets talk about the people or programs that actually care about the sport of soccer Mr. Heise!!!!

A SHARK ATE ME YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL
World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Acutally Mr. Jackson, the statement made by the Mullins HS principal is exactly what the SCHSL and its' governing members think of prep soccer. I'll expand on what Kyle has already identified in his statement.

What the SCHSL body sees is that the "number of ejections" in soccer are significantly higher than any other HSL sanctioned sport. The reality is that the sport of soccer inherently has more "ejections" due to the nature of the game.

For example, in basketball, you may get a breakaway and the defending team commits a hard and obvious foul to prevent the layup. The penalty in basketball is a two-shot foul (or the more severe 'intentional foul' ruling), but a SINGLE foul for the defending player, of which he is allowed FIVE to commit during the game. When the player fouls out after the five allotted fouls, he is not considered "ejected" per rules.

In soccer, a breakaway and subsequent takedown from behind would be ruled a straight red card and immediate sending off, hence "ejection."

It's apples and oranges. All high school coaches and fans of the game should do their best to educate their athletic directors and administrators in the nuances of soccer, so it is better understood.

By the way Samuel, up kind of late weren't you?

Kevin Heise #107802 08/03/08 02:32 PM
K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
as a coach and referee for youth soccer, shoving a referee is uncalled for and the player should be suspended from playing, period. i don't think the team should be penalized. it seems more soccer teams are getting screwed due to circumstances ie. dutch fork and others i can't remember, than any other sports.
it seems that no one understands the repurcussions of cards in soccer compared to other sports..and the players and coaches are getting the short end of the stick. it is something that will continue, but it seems in other states you don't hear about teams being banished from playoffs
as for the mullins principal, he may need to go watch his own team play and address his players behaviors on the field.

keeepersd2002 #107803 08/03/08 07:08 PM
goal
goal
Yes, it was Northwestern's football team who got in the brawl several years back with Marlboro County Hurst.

Syvelle Newton was the quarterback at the time for Marlboro County (for all of you 'American' football fans )

The Real Henry #107804 08/03/08 07:50 PM
goal
goal
Didn't Airport/Bluffton get in a fight several years ago, too?

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
Always Right #107805 08/03/08 08:13 PM
O
kick off
kick off
O
NW did NOT get the death penalty however. Nothing like that would happen at such a prestigious school.

offsides #107806 08/03/08 09:30 PM
I
goal
goal
I
No body should touch the ref ever. Discipline should be maintained.

To make another point, if there were the proper number of refs on soccer fields like every other sport, this might not happen. Football uses a multiple of what soccer does. If the right number were there maybe the control would be maintain and less ejections would happen. FIFA is thinking about more than the 4 they use. Prep soccer should follow suit to at least a mandatory 3.

My two cents, worth.

C
Brace
Brace
C
I belive the reson the program is on probations is due to the number of red cards the team recived during the year. I speak from experence, the first year of our program we had 7 reds, 4 coming in the second round of the play-offs after we lost, next year on probation. If they can play w/o getting any reds for this season then they can appeal the probation and have a chance to enter the play-offs.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Quote:

And speaking on the Kirk Burnett thing, what has he done??? He doens't know a D$$$ about soccer. He wants to make his football team that won't make it to the lower state championship at any point be bigger that they will ever will be. Lets talk about the people or programs that actually care about the sport of soccer Mr. Heise!!!!

Somehow I don't think Mr. Burnett is alone if he in fact is an AD that doesn't know much about soccer. I would venture to guess your average soccer mom knows as much about soccer than most high school AD's. So if you want to talk about those AD's that care a whole lot it wouldn't be a long list or conversation. I firmly believe at most high schools the wrestling team gets more support from AD's. Why? because the wrestling team usually includes a signficant number of football players.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard