Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#107838 08/03/08 07:36 AM
goal
OP Offline
goal
I think it is a complete joke that these guys that make $70,000-$100,000 with the high school league make rulings on situations that they don't research and think its ok. Concerning fields is a joke!!! How can Jerome Singleton make a call on a sport that he knows nothing about!!! He doesn't even know the circumstances behind different occurences. I see why the high school league is getting sued like it's no tomorrow!!! They have no clue!!! Roger makes a ton of money doing job that produces no results and has no purpose but to big time and be a middle man for nothing!!!! There are schools that cannot use facilities that are right around the corner due to rules that are so backards that they need a fourth and fifth ruling to see if they apply!!! Who cares about a field where some high schoolers practice!!! Where is the advantage in that? How is that going to create some kind of advantage??? Don't see it. Where is the advantage?? If you read this message board, question rulings by the high school league!!!! Roger only gives a rip if your from Spring Valley!!!! Be a man and make rulings that are fair and Right!!!!!!

A SHARK ATE ME YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
can you illuminate what the ruling was?

C
Coach
Coach
C
I think, if I read the posting correctly (unfortunately I was in the middle of a grad course and unable to attend the clinic), the League actually RELAXED the rule on using high school fields for club practice so that they are the same under the rules as any other field. This would make life a lot easier for any high school coach who also coaches club and has limited field space available.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong on that...or, just go off on a rant without reading carefully and call people idiots for doing something beneficial. Whatever floats your boat.

I've got good news and bad news...
goal kick
goal kick
Would love to know. Have to agree with Sam so far, the High School League makes SCYSA look like a bunch of laid back hippies.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
I think, if I read the posting correctly (unfortunately I was in the middle of a grad course and unable to attend the clinic), the League actually RELAXED the rule on using high school fields for club practice so that they are the same under the rules as any other field. This would make life a lot easier for any high school coach who also coaches club and has limited field space available.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong on that...or, just go off on a rant without reading carefully and call people idiots for doing something beneficial. Whatever floats your boat.

Coach Chass - The SCHSL did relax the previous "1 coach and 3 players" ruling for use of school facilities during the Closed Season. The new rule allows for unlimited coaches and up to 8 players during the Closed Season.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Thanks, Kevin!

No argument that the SCHSL can make some interesting rulings...right up to the point of telling me that playing a fitness game during off-season conditioning that involves tossing a tennis ball constitutes an illegal soccer practice. ("A ball is a ball, coach." I caught myself before asking if I'd be disciplined for taking them bowling.)

Still, this time it looks like a decision in the right direction...it makes a practice a practice, no matter what the location, and helps to alleviate disadvantage for coaches and clubs without non-school fields available. I say give 'em a hand on that one...credit where credit is due, rather than slamming them whether they're right or wrong.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Of course, not that it will do me any good...I was told today by my AD to break down and store the one lone Coerver goal I kept out for off-season keeper training. Seems they're having football practice and it was just annoying the heck out of him to have it sitting over by the fence on the practice field.

*sigh*

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Of course, not that it will do me any good...I was told today by my AD to break down and store the one lone Coerver goal I kept out for off-season keeper training. Seems they're having football practice and it was just annoying the heck out of him to have it sitting over by the fence on the practice field.

*sigh*

atleast with the goal out your AD notices soccer.there is a perfect chance right now for a sc high school to hire a young lady that played on the DI level,came up through the california youth soccer system and would be by far the most soccer savy coach this school has ever come close to having.they have never had a coach that even played much soccer.
i let both AD'S know about her and that she was just hired as a teacher of the school a block from the high school.i have gotten no response.i also know the priciple has been notified.they say they are not interested.go figure.some schools just do not care about womens soccer.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Do they already have a coach lined up for the team, or are they just not interested in hiring one?

H
brace
brace
H
3 different coaches in 3 years.not sure if this one stuck around.neither have been soccer coaches or played before.they should atleast bring this young lady in to help and maybe be ready to take over when the need arises.why not use her when she is in your district and down the street?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard