Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 19 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
L
Goal
Goal
L
CESA-Women

In addition to tournaments (Disney, Greensboro or CASL, CESA) CESA arranges friendlies/scrimmages for their u16, 17, 18 teams, 3 games per weekend in Atlanta (fall) Knoxville (spring) this year against r3pl teams that are hosted by similar type clubs as CESA that include a large number of college coaches in attendance. UNC-Charlotte, USC, Clemson, UNC-A, Western Carolina have been host sites in the past for these events. The NCAA may now prohibit these events at colleges. They also scrimmage non-D1 schools throughout the fall/spring seasons. CESA offers to all players the Combine and CAP events for college exposure. CESA does a great job providing opportunities for it’s women players to have exposure to college coaches.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Thanks for the reinforcement. Just listing any tournaments doesn't justify the argurment. In terms of next level and exposure? Greensboro, CESA, friendlies, R3PL, etc, etc doesn't cut it. CASL is occasional and Disney is one out of the top 6-8 events in the country.

Of course, those schools you listed are around. They are an hour or so away! All colleges support local clubs because its easy, convenient and cheap. That's exposing players? Schools like USC and Clemson will always have some CESA players because its cheap and helps them fill out a roster of 22-25.

I'm not talking about doing alot of nothing to justify the money people are paying. I'm talking getting kids prepared for the next level with top level exposure: attending many top events, consistently. No club does it for women and the Bridge FA is the leader for men because of their U15-U18 players in the USSF program. CESA might be the top overall club in the state but not in the specific area of exposing kids for the next level. In women, they're in a group of no one and, men, behind the Bridge FA for now.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Kickinit,
Do you think SC women would benefit more from a single gender club?

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

Coach Chass: Just curious, Is the girl that's going to Va Tech scholarship or a walk on? I think Tech was in at least the ACC semi's this past year. It appears she did not play Region PL, how about ODP, where did they see her play? Congrats and good luck to her.

She's a recruited walk-on. No R3PL, no ODP. She chose for her own reasons not to take the path that some say you can't succeed without, but the kid is good--and it's because she's worked her butt off to become so, not because she's got the "right" acronyms on her resume; in this case, the credit really does need to go to her. Someone who knew her brought her to the attention of someone who needed to know her, and she got the invitation to VT.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
Coach
Coach
C
GK, I forgot to mention.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
CHT, Good question. In my opinion, no.

CESA has the pedigree but they just need to do it! Go to events and not worry that they'll lose more then win. As mostly state champions 1) they'll get in to a lot of events, making it easier to get in more 2) they'll expose players better and 3) they'd probably attract even more players if they're the only club going to top events. A cyclical process that will improve their women as a whole.

It seems the Lowcountry needs to take the always-tough first step of consolidation. Columbia? Go east or west. The state's talent pool is only so big for top level stuff. Or, recruit the Lowcountry before they merge.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Consolidation in the lowcountry is never going to happen..Instead of seeing fewer clubs..it seems that everyone thinks they can do it better so the club number has grown here..Ourselves, we followed a core of players

C
Coach
Coach
C
Seems like the problem is, lots of folks agree that consolidation could produce a stronger, more competitive, and thus more visible club that would attract more attention to its players. Nobody can agree, though, what banner it should fall under. Everyone has their likes and dislikes, and strength of overall program and degree of club-wide exposure is not the same as quality of individual experience.

throw in
throw in
Coach Chass: Does a recruited walk-on sign NLI?

Nothing is Impossible
K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
a recruited walk-on does not sign a nli as they are typically not receiving any type of aid through athletics; now they can sign a letter of intent if the schools have though stating they are attending the university...as everyone knows nli's are a one year thing and they can earn money the next year...but you only sign a nli as a freshmen

Page 15 of 19 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard