South Aiken

Mid/For - Kylie Mills - PC
GK - R.B. Wyatt - UT

World Cup
World Cup
Tennessee that is.

goal kick
goal kick
Wasnt R.B. the back up for South Aiken? and to go to Tennesssee thats pretty impressive

goal kick
goal kick
is she going to UT and hoping she can walk on?
or was she offered a scholarship to play?

I don't much about the program there but you would think a sec school like that would have a quality team.

Either way best of luck to her!

goal
goal
http://www.utladyvols.com/sports/w-soccer/tennw-w-soccer-body.html
Solid program, has been around for 7-8 years. Coach Kelly has done a fantastic job.

Joe Siatkowski Mauldin Soccer I fear no evil
goal
goal
not sure if the list above (titled "South Carolina Men’s D1 List") is complete (or correct) or not, and i realize it is only for the boys, but several months ago, sweet feet made the comment "you can be successful in SC by sending your daughter to CESA, and taking advantage of all they have to offer."

admittedly, at the time, sweet was defending his/her daughter's school (img), and did not specifically talk badly about any clubs, but appeared to dismiss the significance of every other club in the state (and, when i pointed this out, sweet did not deny it).

in reference to this list, i have in the past seen several charts/comparisons involving players and what they have done (soccer-wise) that has gotten them to the point of playing soccer in college, but have not seen anyone suggest any possible importance/value of playing for a particular club (other than sweet generically suggesting that your child should be playing for cesa).

in the list above, there are 5 bridge fa and 3 cesa players that have committed to d1 colleges.

note: i am NOT in any way trying or wanting to take anything away from cesa (or the other clubs in the list by not mentioning them) but to me at least, this list says a lot, especially if you look at the total number of players at bridge versus the number at cesa - what is it, maybe a couple hundred vs 50,000 or so? (i kid) i'd like to invoke chico's name and ask for his assistance now.

sweet, how would you dismiss bridge fa and the other "non-cesa" clubs in this case?

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Not sure what sweet is referring to but there are many reasons why players don't sign and/or don't play college soccer. Among them is that perhaps they didn't get an offer from a preferred school. There are many players throughout the state that receive offers from schools. But, again, a lot of players only want to play soccer in college if the offer is from a certain school or level of school. While there are players who look to play college soccer wherever they can, those players are the minority.

Not meant to be taken as a comparison, but here is a list of current commitments for CESA players. Like other clubs, this list is fluid in that it will have to be updated as the year moves along.

Morgan Thomas - Coastal Carolina University
Sarah Morabito - Gardner-Webb University
Sarah Schaidle - College of Charelston
Alice Blackwell - Presbyterian College
Katie Tate - University of Southern California
Alysa Shearer - Lander University
Molly Harpe - Erskine College
Stephanie Gauthier - Lander University
Rae Wilson - University of South Carolina
Emily Kellam - UNC Wilmington
Casey Craft - College of Charleston
Claire Hodge - Furman University
Cassie Smith - Newberry College
Emily Brown - Erskine College
Macy Hayes - Lander University
Bradley Bugg - Coastal Carolina University
Ryan Goodwin - University of South Carolina
Byron Quinatoa - Presbyterian College
Matt Sluga - Erskine College
Thomas Valikonis - Georgia Southern University
Thomas Winstead - College of Charleston
Devon Dorn - North Greenville University
Taylor Varney - Coastal Carolina University
Manning Rushton - Presbyterian College

goal
goal
i took her/his statement as "if you want your daughter (child) to be successful in sc, they need to play for cesa."

M
kick off
kick off
M
So is it strictly due to CESA's coaches knowing college assts that their kids get more chances of committing?

goal
goal
NO. that was me sharing with you what i believe to be sweet feet's personal opinion of that.

i have read fairly recent threads where some parents have shown strong interest in figuring out the best way(s) to get their child into a d1 program, so i was merely pointing out that, at least with the boys (and based on the list above) bridge fa has more players than cesa who have committed to d1 programs. doggy was kind enough to provide a list of BOTH girls and boys (women and men) from cesa who have committed to ALL colleges, not just d1.

i was not addressing anything but the SC BOYS (men) committing to DIVISION ONE colleges.

and i am by no means stating that one club or another will give you the best shot at that.

Page 6 of 19 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard