Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 19 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 18 19
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
I don't get it. CESA has 7 D1 players on this list.

goal
goal
i was going by the list provided earlier by cur le d'fhocal. but it is a couple weeks old?

goal
goal
and, you just listed the colleges, not which division they are. if you know which division each of those is, you are at least a step ahead of me.

C
bench
bench
C
2009 D1 Commitments
LAST,FIRST,COMMITMENT,RPI,LEAGUE,POSITION,TEAM

belair,bobby,brown university,39,ivy,m/d,bridgefa
shumberger,brendan,iona college,57,maac,gk,bridgefa
martinez,eric,university of south carolina,93,usa,d,north meck
goodwin,ryan,university of south carolina,93,usa,m,cesa
mukofsky,leo,coastal carolina university,101,big south,m,cufc
varney,taylor,coastal carolina university,101,big south,f,cesa
bugg,bradley,coastal carolina university,101,big south,gk,cesa
vukoder,tyler,college of charleston,103,southern,d/m,dsc
winstead,tom,college of charleston,103,southern,f,cesa
benson,robbie,college of charleston,103,southern,m/d,dsc
savage,austin,clemson university,122,acc,f,bridgefa
reed,malcolm,university of central florida,125,usa,d,bridgefa
valikonis,thomas,georgia southern university,130,southern,d,cesa
watson,justin,university of memphis,162,usa,f,bridgefa
quinatoa,byron,presbyterian college,196,big south,m,cesa
rushton,manning,presbyterian college,196,big south,d,cesa

Lot's of great players from SC that will have a chance to continue playing together in college
1 Ivy
1 ACC
1 MAAC
4 CUSA
4 Southern
5 Big South

{consider that the average team's freshman class is about 7 players, South Carolina is ranked 24th by population and thus should provide about 2% of the class (the average), this class has announced about 1.2% based upon this website, therefore SC should have about 13 more D1 commitments?}

S
goal
goal
S
Belligerent:
I will stand by my original statement/opinion that CESA gives your child the best chance/exposure etc. to play at the next level, that is not to dismiss any other club in the state. It starts at the top and nobody has a better one two punch than CESA.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
As long as the Bridge FA has teams in the USSF program, that statement is way off...at least for the Men's side. Justin Watson and Erik Clark are just two quick examples that come to mind for things that probably wouldn't have happened without the USSF opportunity.

And, with CESA skipping most of the top female events, I think the female side is shortchanged all together in South Carolina. Justifying not going, consistently, to top events for whatever reasons and CESA Combines and State Cup doesn't do anything if you're using the words "next level." To me, that means a good number of players going to top D-I programs EVERY year, as well as, Regional and National teams.

I guess "next level" can have a lot of meanings.

M
kick off
kick off
M
three or four of the CESA boys were already commited or close to before joining CESA.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

As long as the Bridge FA has teams in the USSF program, that statement is way off...at least for the Men's side. Justin Watson and Erik Clark are just two quick examples that come to mind for things that probably wouldn't have happened without the USSF opportunity.

And, with CESA skipping most of the top female events, I think the female side is shortchanged all together in South Carolina. Justifying not going, consistently, to top events for whatever reasons and CESA Combines and State Cup doesn't do anything if you're using the words "next level." To me, that means a good number of players going to top D-I programs EVERY year, as well as, Regional and National teams.

I guess "next level" can have a lot of meanings.

what top tournys is cesa not going to to that you think they should and why? the state is the reason no one can go to casl.
what ages should be going to all these top tournys?

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

three or four of the CESA boys were already commited or close to before joining CESA.

if this is true then what was their reason for coming to cesa?

B
goal
goal
B
kickinit,

I don't totally disagree, but Erik's accolades are coming via the ODP side of things, not academy, which is distinctly separate from the USSF. What do you consider a "good number"? Belair to Brown is a result of the USSF academy.

Michael,

As for the 3 or 4 CESA boys that you mention, they probably had been watched in other events, and were obviously on the radar screens however, none of them were committed prior to joining CESA.

Whether you feel it's enough or not, CESA does do more to assist those that desire to play in college than any other club in the state.

Page 7 of 19 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard