Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 19 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Bear... I disagree... I know there were players that committed before the regular season stareted, but of course after the tryouts in May. These players were with other clubs when they were being watched and considered. Playing for CESA had nothing to do with it. Now, why they went to CESA there are many reasons.

Just because a player is playing fro Bridge or CESA or Upstate Soccer Alliance at the time of commitment does not mean those clubs get the credit of development.

Most schools and and the majority of D1 work on 2/3 years down the road. Therefore U16 and U17 is more indicative. Therefore if Joey deMAre plays for CESA and goes to a school does CUFC not get the credit for development? Or are we saying that college coaches only look at CESA/Bridge? The reality is they will look at the quality players wherever they are playing.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Stop trying to pat your favorite club on the back and give the credit where it is due..To the players that worked their butts off and made the grades..

C
Coach
Coach
C
What a remarkably, wonderfully radical concept.

I've got good news and bad news...
S
goal
goal
S
coldhardtruth:
So what your saying is we don't need quality teachers for our children?

C
Coach
Coach
C
Speaking from a teacher's standpoint...even the best teachers can only go so far without dedicated, hard-working and talented students...and dedicated, hard-working and talented students can make even a mediocre teacher look good.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Those D1 players could of came from any club..They were going to play college ball somewhere..That was a given.
If we have to measure which club produces more college players..then I would probably look at the players that were on the bubble of not playing ball at all..You know..The kids you never heard of going to play soccer at a college you never heard of and that the coaches of that club played an instrumental part in getting these kids in college ball..To answer your question..There are quality teachers throughout the state..

Last edited by coldhardtruth; 01/28/09 05:22 PM.
S
goal
goal
S
Coach Chass:
How many talented hard working students do you have in your class room? What grade do you teach? Thanks

corner kick
corner kick
I found at least one talented hard working student/soccer player in South Carolina.

Mauldin High Senior Taylor earns military honor.

Mauldin High Senior Taylor earns military honor

Good Luck at West Point.

goal
goal
sweaty feet, cesa may "DO" more towards that goal, in terms of what can be shown on paper, i.e., college combine, but that does not mean they actually ACCOMPLISH more.

again, using the latest list of players going to (men's) d1 programs, bridgefa has 5 and cesa has 7 players. if this is your goal (only one of many) and using some ballpark numbers, the chances of your child going to a d1 school, while playing for:

bridge fa is about 2.5% (using approx 200 as number of "members")
cesa is about 0.28% (using approx 2500 as number of "members")

of course, i could make a hundred charts with lists of all the different players, male and female, going to the different schools of all sizes, and percentages of each from every club in the state, but it really would not prove anything.

it comes down to a personal choice. every parent, in the end, is looking for something different. you may have two parents who say their goal is for their child to play at a d1 school, but because those two children are not clones, they could each play at separate clubs, but both be playing for the club that gives them the best opportunity to achieve their goal.

you could say that you send your child to bradenton because it offers them the best opportunity to achieve their goal and I could possibly tell you that my child plays for bridge fa because that gives them the best opportunity to achieve their goal.

both of our children could have the same ultimate goal, and you and I could both be right in our decision for our child to play where they play.

but for you to make such a claim for every child in the state is just plain ridiculous.

goal
goal
…as is asking coach chass how many talented hard working students he has in his class room.

for one thing, how do you define "talented" and "hard working"?

and, once you get to that point, do you want to know about those students who are "talented" but not "hard working," the ones who are "hard working" but not "talented" or the ones who are both?

or did you just want to see how he would answer?

Page 8 of 19 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard