Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 19 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19
S
goal
goal
S
Belligerent:
Hope your new year is going well, Whether your talking about the soccer field or the classroom the term "talented" and "hard working" has the same meaning. How one defines them is a whole nother story. Success on the soccer field and success in the class room is measured differently by different people. The reason I asked coach Chass about his students was very simple, a good friend of mine is a teacher in an affluent area of greenville, she has a masters and is a national board certified teacher. She states that she is lucky to have 2 good/serious students in any one class in one school year. Sad but true.

As far as CESA its only my opinion, Let me ask you this, isn't all about options for a player? Who has more options than CESA?

C
Coach
Coach
C
Sweet Feet,

I have a mix; I'm lucky enough to teach AP Language and Composition (29 juniors, very highly motivated, have been groomed and prepared prior to meeting me, a number of SAT scores in the 1400+ range) and I also teach senior base-level English IV and an elective, Public Speaking, which often has students who are randomly placed there who aren't that interested and are just looking for something to do since they need to be at school. All of these classes have students with a range of both talent and motivation (yes, there is definitely a difference) and it does affect the appearance of the "success" of each lesson. Granted, I can certainly do things that will affect the outcomes for all of these levels, but to the casual observer I might appear to be doing more with the motivated students when it actually requires less effort on my part (when they are more likely to share the responsibility) and doing less with some of the others when I'm actually doing more.

I've got good news and bad news...
S
goal
goal
S
Thanks coach, very well put.

goal
goal
sweet, you are contradicting yourself - you say the terms "talented" and "hard working" has [sic] the same meaning, but then say "How one defines them is a whole nother story."

talented, hard working, and success are ALL subjective words/terms. sure, there are definitions for each in the dictionary, but how they relate to people all mean different things to different individuals.

your teacher friend is a perfect example - she may tell you she typically only has two good/serious students per year. coach chass might tell you he has ten each year. what does that mean? nothing other than what they have said. you absolutely cannot compare what she has said to what he has said (or might say) until you state what YOU consider each of those things to be (good student, hard working, talented).

her definition of each may not be anywhere close to his. how do you know if you don't define them?

and just because a club has more options does NOT necessarily mean they are BETTER options.

goal
goal
certainly very well put, but now, how do you compare what coach chass said to what your teacher friend said?

in response to your question, she answered that she is lucky to have two. he mentioned the number 29.

let's say you took his class of 29 (or 30, 31?) and gave them to your teacher friend - would she also say there are 29 talented and hard working students?

S
goal
goal
S
Belligerent;
Just for the record, what club in your opinion gives a soccer player in SC the best opportunities? One more question, who do you make your monthly check out to?

S
goal
goal
S
Belligerent:
Im sure she would.

M
kick off
kick off
M
Bear

come on now you are spliting straws. Bugg, Winstead and quintola had already pretty much made their minds up. I would say sweet and few others had as well.

Last edited by Micheal Corleone; 01/28/09 08:56 PM.
goal kick
goal kick
this doesn't sound lilke soccer anymore...

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I have seen kids that worked hard at the game but had limited success and I have seen talented kids that when the work got hard, they seemed to lose interest..It was not fun anymore..I can see how working hard and talented should go together but in many cases, they are very far apart.

Page 9 of 19 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard