Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19
M
kick off
kick off
M
Loc you are right not even in the same ballpark, not to mention solar or andromeda. Loc has CESA been asked to participate in the DA?

throw in
throw in
I think he's alluding to the Big Red Evil Empire as being the only place girls should play....

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Thanks 21- that's about what I meant. Any girl can play where they want but the success of CESAs girls is really without question.

C
Coach
Coach
C
I thought (hoped) that was what you meant...not to encourage any over-enthusiastic blanket statements or banner-waving, but to be as objective as possible, I have heard more than one parent express a wish that there were Lowcountry clubs that gave more emphasis to top-level girls' soccer.

I've got good news and bad news...
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Mike,
There was an application process and fom what I hear CESA decided not to go that route. If they wanted in they would be in.

Another thought. Why did Lundy, the soccer god in Charleston, decide to drive pass the academy and go to Rock Hill. Interesting. And you know he was looking out for his sons best interest.

C
bench
bench
C
Seen and/or experienced coaches at most of these clubs being discussed (Bridge, CESA. CUFC) they are ALL very good & concerned about players, including (MP & DISA).

Greenville, Columbia and Charleston (and others too) have great soccer venues.

Greenville has the best community support in the state, bar none. Wish it could be that good elsewhere.

Opportunities: (a) CESA just doesn't go to enough BIG tournaments to offer the LOOKS, organizing a little combine for DII colleges isn't enough either (b) CUFC attends more tournaments out of state so thats a plus (c) USSDA, the BEST venue for exposure bar none. Showcase events are attended by 75-100 DI schools ++. (d) other programs simply look for development, not exposure, when attending out-of-state tourneys.

The list of DI commitments surely shows that BridgeFA has greater exposure (out-of-state commitments) compared to other SC Clubs.

I'm waiting to hear about Lundy, Khoury, Enzo, Moore, Sweet, Valencia, Teos, Massey, Eads - they're all DI candidates in my book. And others too, just these who I could think of tonight.

So, it really comes down to the PLAYER, yes, the one that practices EVERY day for the past 7+ years. GOOD LUCK GUYS!

Last edited by cur le d'fhocal; 01/29/09 02:28 AM.
throw in
throw in
word has it CofC

goal
goal
Loc Dog, for the record, i have NOT been "trying to convince readers on this board that Bridge is the better option." this – no funny names, just please pay attention here – is where it gets tiresome. i have tried to be extremely clear on this, but you and sweet feet (and apparently bear has not been getting enough sleep lately) are just having an impossible time understanding plain english. sorry, there i go again, but please PLEASE go back and read my earlier posts, and i believe you will see that i am a HUGE proponent of each parent doing what is best for their OWN child. NOT "bridgefa is best for everyone," nor "cesa is best for everyone." was that clear enough?

now, i do believe that bridgefa is the better for SOME people, as is – cough, cough – i can say it – as cesa is better for others. gosh, that almost sounded reasonable, didn't it?

ok, loc dog...once again, just to make sure you get it this time...you need to do what is best for your OWN child. THERE IS NO ONE PERFECT OPTION FOR EVERYONE.

and, bear (and, i will just take it as you having another long week) if you will notice where i say, "i could make a hundred charts with lists of all the different players, male and female, going to the different schools of all sizes, and percentages of each from every club in the state, but it really would not prove anything." basically, i don't really care for ANY of the stupid charts, apples to apples or apples to pears or any other fruit. because they are worthless as it relates to this.

to respond to your "cesa does more" comment, i'll go back to what i originally said to sweet...more does not necessarily mean better. i typically put a good bit of weight into your opinion, cause i believe you're for the most part, at least as it relates to soccer and your child, a "thinkin" man...please tell me that you do not believe the "cesa is the best option for every child in the state of south carolina" crap that sweet and loc are spewing....please. sure, for you, but not EVERYbody...

and, just in case loc and sweet have already forgotten what i said earlier....THERE IS NO ONE PERFECT OPTION FOR EVERYONE. cesa is better for some, bridge is better for others.

B
goal
goal
B
I didn't think that was even close to the statement I made the last time I had a hard week.

As usual, you and I are in general agreement with some of the broader discussion topics burried in this one. My point on the charts and graphs thing was more aimed at other people that would be reading this, because there is a bunch of chest thumping going on.

CESA is not the best option for all players. As you know, we decided, CESA was the best option for the player that I was most interested in.

If you look at this graduating class, there was talk of this particular class being arguably the most talented age group across the board that SC has produced. It's no surprise that there are D1 players at CESA, Bridge, and don't forget DSC, there are several D1 commitments there also. Since DSC has several D1 players, (Vukoder, Benson, and Grim come immediately to mind), should they be included in the whole discussion of which club develops players the best? I tried to avoid the whole development of the players side of this, because, the list of people/coaches/clubs/programs that have been a part of my sons development is long and, honestly, pretty noteworthy. No single one of them is solely responsible for his development, but the combination of, and the opportunities that I was fortunate enough to be able to provide for him, have all contributed.

I will stand by my statement of more being done at CESA for promoting players, when compared to Bridge, unless things have drastically changed there, which change was not something that has ever been easy to come by in the lowcountry. Is my more better? Who knows, but for me, I feel it was better, but like I said before, it's not for everyone.

Last edited by Bear; 01/29/09 04:04 AM.
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
No question that this is a quality graduating class across the state.

What would the class from 2007 or 2008 say? What about 2010 or 2011?

Some of you don't like data and statistics, so I guess it doesn't matter to you what past graduating classes have shown. And I also suppose that you don't consider data when predicting future outcomes.

Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard