Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 19 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 18 19
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Belligerent,

I knew you couldn't resist. And in your emotional attempt to slag CESA, you left yourself open.

Of the 24 commitments, actually 16 are to Division I schools. Here are those schools: PC (3), Georgia Southern (1), USC (2), CofC (3), Coastal Carolina (3), Southern Cal (1), Gardner-Webb (1), UNC Wilmington (1), Furman (1). I don’t know where 7 came from.

Again, CESA averages about 27 commitments per year. There are players on the second teams who are signing national letters of intent. I don’t think a club can have this many players commit and not be considered the best option.

As for players staying in state, a lot of that has to do with non-athletic scholarship money. I don’t think you can fault anyone for that. Just because a player stays in state, that doesn’t mean that it was the only offer they had.

There are players who came to CESA late in their careers and Lexington certainly should take some credit for helping those players. But, a big part of development is playing with higher-level players and the players that came over were aged out and certainly were surrounded by higher-level players at CESA. Why didn’t they go to the Bridge?

What other clubs offer what CESA offers for its players? I think this is what Sweet, Bear, and I are referring to. Does it mean that Bridge or DSC hasn’t had players to commit? No. But, go back and look at last year or the year before and tell me what you find out in regards to college signings.

You make these judgements about CESA and then hide behind the “do what is best for your kid” statement. In the same breath, you promote Bridge. Again, if CESA weren’t taking care of their top players and second team players, why would players from all over continue to drive to CESA? How could second team players sign NLI?

Take your lip service to I26 and see what those folks tell you.

B
goal
goal
B
Quote:

bear: you said "Whether you feel it's enough or not, CESA does do more to assist those that desire to play in college than any other club in the state."

bear, again, i'm looking at the numbers. i'll even play along and take your word that cesa does more . . . so what? i don't see that all that work they're doing is paying off.

you say you went to cesa for your own reasons (which i respect) but you go on and on about all that cesa does. this would be a good time to back that up with some hard evidence - what in the way of a college commitment has all of cesa's hard work done for you - specifically.

I really don't know why this has become personal between us, but, so be it. All along, I have said that it remains a personal choice and decision. All along I have said that for ME and MINE, it has been better. That goes to the training, the coaching from the sidelines, the mutual respect between the players and coach, the lines of communication between the coach and the parents, and the general atmosphere and feeling around the club. As for the college commitment, suffice it to say, the parameters were set by the player, supported and worked on by the coach, and multiple opportunities availed itself. In the end, just like it was his decision for which club to be a member of, the choice for college is his to make.

As long as you keep looking at the numbers, just be sure you keep watching the numbers in the club in general, not just for the very small group that is the Academy. Bridge is struggling, and after what I put into it, it bothers me, but there's no one to blame for that but the leadership. But as long as there are people that continue to seek small victories, such as with the number of commitments, and try to take that and blow it up into something more than what it is, Bridge will continue to struggle. Bridge may be identifying itself as the way to D1 outside the state, but at what cost to the parents and most importantly.....players. Stay put, stay happy with what you have, and you will never see what it could be like.

B
goal
goal
B
And no, I haven't had a hard week, just tired of the personal nature of your questions.

C
bench
bench
C
I haven't been following, but who are the DII & DIII Men's commits so that they can be recognized? ALL are quite an accomplishment! Please include position, division & conference if known, thanks.

My List:
lowe,craig,king college,dsc
bosco,ben,north greenville,cufc
olson,stephen,greenville,cufc
sluga,matt,erskine college,cesa

Last edited by cur le d'fhocal; 01/30/09 10:02 PM.
F
kick off
kick off
F
Of the 24 committments by CESA, are they listed yet on their website and perhaps I missed an earlier post, is that 24 repesenting both boys & girls or the 2 boys teams(u-18)?

L
Goal
Goal
L
bell

Is this a police investigation?

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

bell

Is this a police investigation?

"CSI Bridgefa"

goal
goal
loc dog, you're right, i couldn't resist. but, i've left myself open for nothing, because i am not - i repeat - NOT "attempting to slag" cesa (btw, slag is a noun, not a verb), only people who get on here and try to state as fact something that you can't even get everyone in this discussion to agree on how to qualify.

hard headed, i was hoping the cynicism in my post would be fairly apparent, but obviously not. for the record, the "predictions" i made earlier were ridiculous, as they were meant to be.

as man city pointed out, and many of you mention yourselves, there are an infinite number of variables that go into how people decide which schools they will go to. i have absolutely no interest in trying to understand every person's reasoning behind their decisions.

hard headed, from what i could find, cesa had six u18 teams (not two). but, do you really consider new york and rhode island in the south? (i think that's a bit of a stretch)

loc dog, you're asking a lot of questions that only one or two people can answer - the ones who made those decisions. i don't fault anybody who does anything that has nothing to do with me. i, myself, have a child who goes to school in-state, and i can tell you that non-athletic scholarship money had a lot to do with that decision - can you fault me for that?

unless i know the individual personally, and they have shared the information with me, i wouldn't even begin to know why they might not play for the bridge, and the same can be said for why someone might not play for cesa. we can both make assumptions all day, but it's not something i care to worry about.

bear, probably 95% of the time, you do right on these boards because you are very careful about your wording. you almost always say that you have made decisions based on what is right for you and your child. that's they way it should be, and i respect that. and that is the concept i've been TRYING to get across for the past few days. now, even you are missing it - i don't care how many commitments ANY of the clubs have - it doesn't really factor in for me. not saying that i wouldn't like for my child to play somewhere, and would love it if money was offered and it was to a school with a great program, it's just not something that has been a concern. but, i would love to know how YOU KNOW that cesa is doing more than is being done at the bridge for my child?

"Stay put, stay happy with what you have, and you will never see what it could be like" you sound like you have found nirvana. and since it's so wonderful for you, it has to be great for everyone else. sorry, but the grass is not always greener on the other side. sure, sometimes it is - apparently is for you and yours - but don't be so presumptuous as to know what is best for mine. like i said, you were doing fine, keeping it fairly general, but you keep preaching to me about what they can do for me, then i want to know what they have done for you. but all i get is multiple parameters and availing opportunities. again, i don't really care, just thought it would be a great opportunity for you to share.

loc dog, i will continue to repeat myself, because you are not grasping the concept, and you continue to attribute words and thoughts to me that are just NOT true. PLEASE go back and look carefully… if you can find one statement where i disparaged cesa (the club), i will apologize for it right here and now (and i don't count the "predictions" as i've already stated they were not serious). like i have said over and over, cesa may be the best for some people, but don't state as a fact that they are the best for EVERY person.

C
bench
bench
C
HOW ABOUT WE KEEP THIS THREAD ABOUT COMMITMENTS!

Take the 'better club' discussion to the 'Club/ODP' board where it belongs.

FIX IT, ADULTS! I'll even start it for you.

Last edited by cur le d'fhocal; 01/30/09 10:24 PM.
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Belligerent,

First off,you must not be around soccer people much because the word slag is used exactly the way soccer people use it. With the amount of grammar errors you make, you should be the last one giving advice here Chief.

Two questions I want you to answer: 1) When you gave the Bridge credit for Erik Clark's success did you intentionally lie or are you just ignorant? Because if you want to argue the success came from Bridge, then you and your club are going to have a very big problem to deal with.If not that, then you don't know what you're talking about.Which is it?

2)How is Bridge able to serve its U13 boys and girls and the U14 girls?

No stats, bars or graphs. Just answer those questions. Don't dance around them- just answer them.

Page 13 of 19 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard