Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19
goal
goal
sorry cur le, but your other post was hijacked worse than this one.

loc dog, i don't spend all my free time around soccer people. my guess is that you've heard that word from a scot, brit or irish chap. if so, i don't know too many of those.

but, no, you're wrong - i've been involved with soccer on many levels, from player to coach, for over 35 years, and i can't say i've ever heard that term. but my memory was bad 20 years ago. hasn't gotten any better.

liar or ignorant, huh? wow, who's getting emotional now? i have to apologize - i don't recall commenting on eric clark. i even looked back a few months and didn't see anything.

but, if you will show me where i did say something about him, and if i gave bridge full credit for anything to do with him, i will take it back now. just can't see why i would've done that.

but it's really a moot point anyway. see, you are just not accepting the fact that i am not the bridge's cheerleader, nor am i cesa's detractor. but, if i hear something that i know to be incorrect, i will step up and say so. i have actually defended cesa before, believe it or not.

gonna be a big problem, huh? i almost want to say it, just because you sound like you're threatening me. but, like i said, i don't think i did.

how any clubs serve any age group would need to be answered by that particular group's management. sorry, that's not me. and u13 boys and u14 girls are not groups i have anything to do with. find the parent of one and ask them.

i really would love to answer your questions, but i would have to make something up, and i'm not going to do that.

it's just sad that you have completely missed my point in all this because you're too busy getting pissed off.

i'd be willing to bet good money that the vast majority of people on here will agree with what i have been trying to get across to you, which is that...

...every parent must decide what is right for their own child, and there is no one club that is perfect for every child.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Okay already..I agree

C
Coach
Coach
C
Maybe CESA parents should be glad enough good players DON'T think CESA is the only viable options, and instead help provide them with some quality in-state competition so they don't go into regionals completely unprepared to meet other top-notch players who aren't on their own team?

Of course, I'm not the expert. Could be that a stacked team that never actually gets tested throughout most of the season is the better prepared. Could also be that winning because you've convinced all the blue chips to come aboard makes you better at developing players. Could also be that "hijacking" the other thread is just a way of saying hey, relax, have a sense of humor...if it's all about what's good for the kids, maybe we shouldn't teach them to stress so much when someone disagrees; just keep doing what you think is right for you, play YOUR best game, and let others think what they may.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
Coach
Coach
C
Oh, and before I forget what this thread was started for:

Savannah Prosise, WAHS/CUSC--Columbia College

Katelyn Harnage, Berkeley High/CUSC--Virginia Tech

I've got good news and bad news...
goal kick
goal kick
this is very true

throw in
throw in
Coach Chass: Just curious, Is the girl that's going to Va Tech scholarship or a walk on? I think Tech was in at least the ACC semi's this past year. It appears she did not play Region PL, how about ODP, where did they see her play? Congrats and good luck to her.

Nothing is Impossible
B
goal
goal
B
Quote:

...every parent must decide what is right for their own child, and there is no one club that is perfect for every child.

This, we agree with. But, as you are finding it so hard for me to understand that, I'm equally having a difficult time understanding why you're trying to get me to support my decision as to somehow justify it.

goal
goal
figured the more "actual" reasoning that has been used by people to make some of these choices might help me and others understand vs just theorizing, as some do. i know i theorize all the time, but when i do, i typically say that's what i'm doing. your reasons are your own, and as such, are none of my business - i apologize.

i'm out of this, or at least until loc makes up something else to accuse me of.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
This topic has gotten totally off point. It's not about best total club, or biggest club, or best coaches, etc, etc.
It started as which club prepares for the next level with the most exposure, whether you have 5 teams doing it or 5000 teams?

On the men's side, the USSF program is tops for next level and exposure. So Loc Dog, who is the club in South Carolina that is involved? Is it really coincidence that Clark and Watson have been called into National camps since joining? Come on.

On the women's side, outside of an occasional CASL and Disney, what really is CESA doing for the next level and exposure? Loc Dog, go to the TOP events' results and tell me the CESA teams that even attended those. List them, please. If you can consistently name numerous top events, year after year, then I'm wrong.

I think you'll find NO club is doing enough for women in terms of development, preparation and exposure for the next level. Not any level, but the next level.

H
goal
goal
H
I have a slightly different view of this. In general, I think the amount of exposure players get is more closely related to the success of the particular team than to the badge it wears. College coaches are drawn to players and to teams. They don't seem to be particularly interested in the name on the front of the shirt. They also don't seem to care much whether they are watching a USSF DA game, a R3PL game, or a Region III ODP game.

I tend to think that the USSF Academy will, one day, be the primary entity for "ultra-elite" youth soccer. At the moment, it, ODP and USYSA Premier leagues are about equal in terms of the opportunities for exposure.

When all is said and done, all of the big clubs get their kids in front of enough college coaches that the better players are unlikely to be overlooked. They do it in different ways, but the good teams are known to the coaches and they watch them.

Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard