Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Brace
Brace
US 0:0 Japan

First Half Observations -- Japan should be up on the U.S. Brad Guzan has been busy! The set piece on their first corner was excellent. Balboa tripped yet again as he called Japan "China" on two successive occasions. U.S. outside midfield play must improve. Edu has done well in the back, but he's about it. U.S. is fortunate the game is level at the break.

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
Brace
Brace
US 1:0 Japan (Full Time)

Second Half Observations -- I thought that the U.S. (Edu) got away with two "could-have-been" penalties. In fairness, I thought Adu got fouled earlier in the box as well. Good start in the first minute of the half on Holden's goal and really the only on-goal opportunity of the match for the U.S. Japan created many more anxious moments throughout the match. U.S. fortunate to get the three points.

Should be interesting between the Netherlands and Nigeria.

Brace
Brace
A gripe, if I may ... where was the US Soccer logo on the shirts? I would imagine every other team in the competition has their country's crest on their chest!

world cup
world cup
I have to call my local cable company and find out why I can't get these matches on my MSNBC.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
brace
brace
My Charter has ADDED two HD Olympic-only channels for basketball and soccer.

In the Upstate, the soccer is on 757, but these channels just appeared and we ran across them accidentally.

Watching men's action today. . .Argentina on now. . .

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
brace
brace
OK—

Go here:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv_and_online_listings/index.html

Here, you should be able to choose where you are (zip code), then select your TV source, and then you will get personalized TV channel listings where everything is. . .

For Charter (digital), there are many channels, etc, but the nice feature is after you make your choices, everything is personalized for you.

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
Brace
Brace
Group A
Australia 1:1 Serbia
Argentina 2:1 Ivory Coast

Group B
USA 1:0 Japan
Netherlands 0:0 Nigeria

Group C
Brazil 1:0 Belgium
China 1:1 New Zealand

Group D
Italy 3:0 Honduras
South Korea 1:1 Cameroon

NBC Beijing Summer Olympics - Men's Soccer

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
hurst... you got to give this a try
http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/share.html?videoid=fb2h-bj-sd14-080608-193652

You install microsoft silverfish and you can view any event free
if you select the enhanced button you can have up to 4 events on the same screen and you can switch back and forth

No commentary however,... some may say that is a good thing.

world cup
world cup
futbol,

I appreciate it. I watched the on-line feed of the womens game you posted yesterday. Thanks.

I'm still waiting for my cable company to return my call on why I can't get the games on my TV.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
goal
goal
Japan had a lot of good opportunities to score but just couldn't. They were killing the USA on the the right side of the pitch, serving in great balls but just could not finish.

I also believe that the US got lucky to survive with the three points but a win is a win. Good way to start off with a W.

Last edited by The Real Henry; 08/07/08 06:03 PM.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard