Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Quote:

Due to a tornado watch and steady rain, the final day of the CSC has been canceled. All teams had the opportunity to get three full matches in this weekend.

I know I speak for all participating teams and coaches that everyone is grateful to Wando HS Coach Shilo Tisdale, Wando HS Athletic Director Bob Hayes, the CSC staff/volunteers, and the Town of Mount Pleasant, for their willingness to adjust the weekend schedule accordingly.

Good luck to all CSC teams this spring.

Ditto to what Kyle stated! Thanks to the committee/staff that made the correct call and allowing us to get three matches in Friday/Saturday!

W
goal
goal
W
I echo Kevin and Klye's thoughts.( There is something new right?) Seriously thanks to all involved with the CSC. Getting the 3 games in was huge. Thanks a bunch.

S
Goal Kick
OP Offline
Goal Kick
S
None of this could have been done without the flexiblity of the town of Mount Pleasant and coaches of all teams involved. I feel it was a great way to start out the season and some valuable lessons were learned from these matches. I also can not thank the officials enough who came out and worked a total of 12 games on a Friday night. They truly are what made this possible. Best of luck to all teams involved and I hope a speedy recovery of the bangs and bruises players attained in playing three matches in less than 24 hours.

Brace
Brace
Well done Coach Tisdale, MPSC and others. I don't see how it could have gone any better under the circumstances. We look forward to coming back.

The Weather Is Here. Wish You Were Beautiful.
Brace
Brace
I made it by for some of the games this weekend. Glad that they were able to get some in as opposed to last year. Some observations:

Fort Dorchester has some good skill players in the Eads brothers. They can play! Defense looked suspect though. They have some young talent too in Lameroux (sp?). However, their shoes look like they opened a bag of Skittles. Ugly!

Pinewood Prep doesn't have a lot of players out right now, but they definitely get results. Sweet looked good for them, but it's amazing that they play so well with so few.

I expected more out of Wando against Fort Mill. I was impressed with Fort Mill's fan support though! Wow! Fort Mill looked as if they were on a mission. Wando was relatively flat IMO. They'll be better as the season wears on.

Lexington looked okay despite losing a bunch of players from last year. I really didn't know what to expect from them, but they surprised me!

Bishop England is Bishop England! Solid soccer players with a little dynamic in Khoury. However, he is a bit of a whiner. Geesh! No one in Class 2A will be able to match them this year.

James Island had zero depth! Where were their players? Kinda surprising for a 4A school to have so few players. I watched them against BE and it was just a total mismatch.

I really didn't see the other teams play up close, only from across the field. Maybe somebody else can offer their opinions on what they saw?

World Cup
World Cup
3/2/09
Weather derails outdoor sports slate
Phil Bowman, The Post and Courier

kick off
kick off
Pinewood Prep has an excellent soccer team this year, despite the limited numbers. With the infusion of several Bridge FA soccer players, who play at the US Soccer Academy level, the small school in Summerville, SC will continue to produce state champions. Not playing that weekend was Malcolm Reed, a defensive stopper, who recently signed with the University of Central Florida. The team is full of young talent; Justin White, an athletic and physical striker who scored 3 of 4 goals. Thomas Ferro technical abilities are second to none. Dillion Thies, Taylor Katsanis and Brandon Phinney are defensive wizards allowing 1 goal in 3 matches. Anchoring the team with their senior leadership are Joe Sweet and Brandon Ferro.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard