Print Thread
#108269 08/20/08 04:45 PM
B
Bonz Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
B
Anyone have any thoughts or comments about this new league?
www.soccerincollege.com/TTIntro.aspx?tid=SRSL&tab=1

world cup
world cup
Looks like possible exposure for teams who aren't good enough to qualify for R3PL? Is that the "hook" when they talk about the college coaches?

My daughters' play for one of the clubs listed but I have not heard of any talk of entering teams in this league.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
B
Bonz Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
B
I don't know about the college coaches being the bait. My daugthers team is playing and the selling point was the differant teams that we will be able to play. I know there was some chatter on the NC forum few months back.

world cup
world cup
If you want high level inter-state league competion, don't you play R3PL?

If you want to get good matches against out-of-state competition, don't you find a competitive tournament?

I'm trying to figure out the "unique competitive advantage" that sets this league apart?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
B
goal
goal
B
Hurst,

Lacking any more specific information, I believe this league is attempting to develop a regional league, sanctioned by US Club Soccer, not USYS. So the selling point could be that the clubs, not the sanctioning body, have more flexibility.

As for the chatter on the NC board, much of that was aimed at one of the clubs in eastern NC not being able to get santioning by NCYS, and therefore was deciding that US Club Soccer would be a better avenue.

world cup
world cup
Bear,

I think there was also chatter about a club in western NC being accused of illegally recruiting players.

As fas as flexibility, as a parent, all I require is the ability to move my child from one club team to another if I feel she is not having a positive experience. I think I can do that within the current framework of USYS.

H
bench
bench
H
The illegal recruiting is ncysa trying to impose their rules on US Club teams. They are trying to tell teams in US Club when they can and can't recruit players based on ncysa rules.

They know that it will be appealed and are looking for the USSF to take a position on their side to get rid of US Club.

Part of this league is consistency, you can be in r3pl one year then out the next. With this league there is an opportunity to build a team/program that can compete over time. One bad day in state cup and r3pl is gone for the next year. Plus, no games traveling to Jeckyll Island.

Link Copied to Clipboard