Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24
World Cup
World Cup
*** 2009 Palmetto Cup Release ***

The 17th Annual Palmetto Cup, hosted by Brookland-Cayce High School, will take place April 8-11, 2009 in Cayce/West Columbia, South Carolina.

Tabbed as "The Southeast's Premier Boys High School Soccer Tournament" by StudentSports.com, the Palmetto Cup annually attracts the top teams from South Carolina as well as regional and national reknowned programs. Joining the host Bearcats will be 11 Palmetto State teams, 10 ranked in their respective classification, and four out of state teams (see below).

Admission is $15 for a Tournament Pass or $5 per match.

The tournament sites will be The Cage on the campus of BCHS and soccer practice fields for Bearcat Soccer at Granby Education Center and Northside Middle School. Spectators are encouraged to bring lawn chairs to the fields at Granby and Northside. Stadium seating is available at The Cage. Concession stands and restroom facilities will be available at all venues.

Parking at The Cage should be along State Street in front of the school where the marquee board is located and behind the stadium's press box in the lot adjacent to the softball field. For Granby, parking should be in front of the school along Dunbar Road. At Northside, parking should be in the school lot prior to reaching the soccer field or in the lot between the soccer field and Howard Park baseball facility.

For more information concerning the Palmetto Cup, please visit:

Brookland-Cayce Bearcat Soccer - http://scsoccer.com/bcsoccer/
2009 Palmetto Cup - http://scsoccer.com/bcsoccer/pc_info.htm
Palmetto Cup History - http://scsoccer.com/bcsoccer/pchistory.htm

Brackets
Group A - Christ Church, Eastside, Norman North-OK, Wando
Group B - Bob Jones-AL, Brookland-Cayce, Farragut-TN, Walhalla
Group C - Chapin, North Myrtle Beach, Southside Christian, Spring Valley
Group D - Knox West-TN, Lexington, Riverside, Sumter

Class 4A
#3 Wando (6-2-1)
#9 Spring Valley (7-2-1)
#10 Lexington (7-4-0)
Sumter (3-3-0)

Class 3A
#4 North Myrtle Beach (9-1-0)
#5 Eastside (7-1-0), #19 NSCAA National Rankings, #5 NSCAA Region 1 Poll
#6 Riverside (5-3-0)
#8 Chapin (4-4-0)
#9 Brookland-Cayce (7-2-2)

Class 2A
#5 Walhalla (5-2-0)

Class 1A
#1 Christ Church (5-3-0)
#3 Southside Christian (8-4-0)

Out of State
6A #7 Bob Jones (Madison, AL), 12-2-1
3A Farragut (Knoxville, TN), 5-0-2, #7 NSCAA Region 1 Poll
3A Knox West (Knoxville, TN), 0-1-2
5A Norman North (Norman, OK), 2-0-0, #15 NSCAA National Rankings, #3 NSCAA Region 4 Poll

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you at a nearby pitch this week!

Kyle Heise, Director
2009 Palmetto Cup

World Cup
World Cup
Directions to Brookland-Cayce High School – The Cage

CHARLESTON – Coming from the lower state or Charleston area on I-26. Take I-26 west to exit 115. The exit comes up quickly after the exit for the I-77 expressway. At the end of the ramp, take a right onto Charleston Highway. Follow this road as it curves toward downtown Columbia. It becomes Knox Abbott Drive. Once you pass by Krispy Kreme on the left at the corner of 12th Street and Knox Abbott Drive go to the 2nd traffic light. This is State Street. Take a right and BCHS is two blocks ahead on your right.

FLORENCE – From Florence and points East: Take I-20 west until reaching the Columbia exit, just past Two Notch Road. Take this exit, S. C. 277, to downtown Columbia. When the expressway ends, you are on Bull Street. Take Bull Street until reaching Elmwood Avenue. Take a right (follow signs to I-126) and as you approach I-126, stay in the left lanes. Exit left onto Huger Street and follow until you reach Blossom Street. Take a right and cross the Congaree River into Cayce. The 2nd light is State Street. BCHS is two blocks ahead on your right.

GREENVILLE/SPARTANBURG – Coming from the upstate area on I-26: Follow I-26 into downtown Columbia. Stay left until leaving I-26 onto I-126 after exit 108. As you enter the downtown area, get in the right 2 lanes and exit onto Huger Street. Follow Huger Street to Blossom Street and take a right. Cross the Congaree River into Cayce and take a left at the 2nd light. This is State Street. BCHS is two blocks ahead on your right.

ROCK HILL – From Rock Hill and points North: Take I-77 to SC 277 near Columbia. Follow signs to Columbia and then when the expressway ends, you are on Bull Street. Take Bull Street until reaching Elmwood Avenue. Take a right (follow signs to I-126) and as you approach I-126, stay in the left lanes. Exit left onto Huger Street and follow until you reach Blossom Street. Take a right and cross the Congaree River into Cayce. The 2nd light is State Street, take a left. BCHS is two blocks ahead on your right.

Directions to Northside Middle School - 157 Cougar Drive, West Columbia, SC 29169

• From Brookland-Cayce HS – Turn left from BCHS on State Street and follow until reaching Hwy. 378 (Sunset Blvd.). Take a left at the light and continue 2.5 miles until turning right onto Cougar Drive. The field sits behind the school and in front of the Howard Park Baseball/Softball Complex.

• From I-26 – Take exit 110, Hwy 378. (This is the Lexington County Hospital Exit.)Take 378 east towards West Columbia through 3 traffic lights. (approx 1.8 miles) Take a left at the light beside Palmetto Citizens Bank onto Cougar Drive. The fields are located directly behind Northside Middle School.

DIRECTIONS TO: NORTHSIDE MIDDLE SCHOOL
157 COUGAR DRIVE
WEST COLUMBIA, SC 29169

Take Taylor Street toward West Columbia/Lexington. Take 1St exit after crossing the Congaree River and turn right on Highway #378 (Sunset Boulevard). Go approximately two (2) miles and turn right on Cougar Drive. (Palmetto Citizen’s Federal Credit Union is on the right at the stoplight where you turn on Cougar Drive.) OR Take Gervais Street across the bridge. After crossing the river then turn right on Highway #378. Go approximately two and one half (2.5) miles and turn right on Cougar Drive.

Take Highway #378 toward Columbia. Cross over the bridge at 1-26, go to the 4th stoplight and turn left on Cougar Drive. (Palmetto Citizen’s Federal Credit Union is on the left at the stoplight where you turn on Cougar Drive.)

Take 1-26 toward Charleston then take the #110 exit. At the stoplight turn left on Highway #378. Go to the 4th stoplight and turn left on Cougar Drive. (Palmetto Citizen’s Federal Credit Union is on the left at the stoplight where you turn on Cougar Drive.)

From highway #378 take 1-77 toward Charleston/Spartanburg. Get on 1-26 toward Spartanburg then take the #110 exit. At the stoplight turn right on Highway #378(Sunset Blvd.) Go to the 3rd stoplight and turn left on Cougar Drive. (Palmetto Citizen’s Credit Union is on the left at the stoplight where you turn on Cougar Drive.)

Take 1-26 toward Spartanburg then take the #110 exit. At the stoplight turn right on Highway #378. Go to the 3rd stoplight and turn left on Cougar Drive. (Palmetto Citizen’s Federal Credit Union is on the left at the stoplight where you turn on Cougar Drive.)

Directions to Granby Education Center - 1407 Dunbar Road, Cayce, SC 29033

• From Brookland-Cayce HS – Turn right from BCHS on State Street and follow until reaching Frink Street. Turn right onto Frink Street for a little more than one mile and turn right onto Wilkinson Street. Field sits adjacent to Wilkinson.

• From I-77 - Take the Cayce/West Columbia Exit and follow the 12th Street Extension for two miles until you reach the Frink Street intersection. Take a left on Frink Street and then the next right on to Wilkinson Street. The filed is adjacent to Wilkinson.

World Cup
World Cup
Thanks to Teddy Heffner, host of "Talking Sports" - The Team Sportsradio 1400AM radio in Columbia, for having us on the air this morning to promote the Palmetto Cup. Teddy featured prep soccer for about 10 minutes on his morning show at 7:40 a.m.

The Team Sportsradio

corner kick
corner kick
Ohhh! SportsRadio Web site make Achmed's eyes bulge.

Not find his virgins here

Last edited by SmallSodaMan; 04/08/09 12:58 PM.

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
Goal
Goal
Quote:

Thanks to Teddy Heffner, host of "Talking Sports" - The Team Sportsradio 1400AM radio in Columbia, for having us on the air this morning to promote the Palmetto Cup. Teddy featured prep soccer for about 10 minutes on his morning show at 7:40 a.m.

Ahhg! I missed it. You need to give us the heads up on things like this.

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
W
goal
goal
W
Very good info even though Teddy is a HUGE bace-ball homer. anyways very good job by coach heise as always.

Brace
Brace
Well done guys, and thanks Teddy!

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Good Luck this week to all teams..by far one of the best tournaments in the state

Scott D. Ruggles
Stratford High School
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Updates will begin this afternoon in this thread. It's a beautiful spring day in Cayce-West Columbia, so if you are out of school for Spring Break or can swing a businessman's special, come on down to The Cage, Northside Middle School, or Granby Education Center. Stay tuned!

throw in
throw in
We selling CDs, DVDS!!!! I got that Mos Def and Camron!!! I got that Camron Come Home with Me with Tupac when he was still alive!!! I got those 2 for 5 Palmetto Cup passes what you need!!!

Yeah!! HAHA
Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard