A
lol...no they are not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok, i have never seen them play but going from not ranked to 5th..thats a big jump so i was just wondering

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, sounds to me like we have a problem here. I went to the game. I'm not a fan of either team, I just went to watch the ball game.

First off, you say some players went to take the SAT's. So did the AJ players. I took the test and saw over half the team there. If you want to make that an excuse...I believe the deadline for the April 5th test was February 28th or so...therefore you should have known you were playing AJ a month before the deadline. Those guys could have easily taken the test another date. But it was their choice to take it on that day.

Now, you whine about the refs...ok, you say they did nothing against the AJ players...dude, AJ got over 3 yellow cards. You guys had your chances to put it away, but couldn't finish. You controlled midfield a majority of the game...and one mistake cost you guys the game...that's life. That envious kid got carded by the way.

Now, I'm not sure about on the field, but off the field no racist remarks were made and I did not hear any remarks made about breaking anyone's ankles. It's easy to confuse that with the southern slang they use, but they didn't say that. If you want to give props, give it to #13, #10, and #6. If I remember right, #6 put the winning goal in.

On a positive note...I thought you guys moved the ball really well. Without a doubt, the keeper, #18 and #10 played really well(#6 at times). But that's my opinion. Don't hate on AJHS just because a few players got under your skin. That's how they play...by taking you out of your game.

I'm not trying to make you sound like a sore loser, but dude...just accept the fact that they won and you didn't. It's over and you can't change it. You don't have to like it, but you can't change it. Let AM do their talking on the field and not on some message board.

I'm just a fan of the game and that's how it really went down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a fan of GOOD high school soccer, the way you describre the play of AJ leads me to believe they play horrible soccer. GOOD soccer teams play controlled, pass oriented games, and take their oppents out of mindset by constant possession. Thats how magnet beat Pendleton- they wore them out. The way you describe AJ sounds a lot like a group of guys that are a bunch of hacks, play dirty and make people wish they were at home in bed. No good hs soccer team would see playing AJ as a treat. teams like AM, Waccamaw, Bishop England and Chapin play good soccer. AJ does not. And a jump from NR to 5- my goodness, let me pee my pants again!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i agree with Soccerguy#13, the game is over and it should just be forgotten.. i play for AM and even though we are the better team we lost and that was it... i mean the whole team was dissapointed but AJ wanted it more than we did...
but b/c AM is 3 and a half hours away and the SAT ended at 12:30 the players couldnt get their in time... AM will get over this little slump and play well again,, i think the losses will end up being good for us

but good job AJ on the effort

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am #10 from AJ. We may be redneck kids with little ball skill but we play with heart. That is what all you prep soccer wusses lack. Contact is part of the game. If you can't handle it maybe you should have stayed in bed or taken up Chess Club. You guys ARE a Magnet school. Right? Our style of play may not be what you would classify as so called 'good' soccer but Academic Magnet could not handle a bunch of non passing, non skilled, country slang speaking players from Heath Springs and Kershaw.(Sarcasim) If you ask me Academic Magnet is just takeing up space on the top 10 because of this. If there were any racist comments (which I doubt and is probably just AM's way of getting sympathy and playing the race card) i apoligize for them. The center defender was your star player and had very good ball control. All I ask if for you guys to stop whineing about getting knocked so far down the top 10 by a non ranked team. Also don't blame the ref's! They had nothing to do with you guys not putting the ball in the back of the net. Good luck with the rest of your matches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
first of all this is the first time i have visited the message board and i can see that it is nothin but a place for the losers to come and give EXCUSES of why they lost. AM is talented but not good. they should be ranked exactly where they are. they control the ball good but they do not hustle and cant finish nothing and that isnt worth a damn in soccer. i played in the game saturday and the comment on being racist is way out of line. we are anything but racist. and 18 the sweeper was bad ass. he was the only player on their team that was worth any recognition. that is really low when u go as far as to try and bring up racism because u got beat. u can say we are over rated if u want but look at the score and who one. we play hard soccer and bust our butts and Hustle, and that is how we won. talk all the junk u want we will just see in playoffs. GO AJ!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The truth is as much as i hate to say it AJ did not win bc of talent, but merely luck, a simple fluke... they do not play anyone and their schedule must be one of the easiest...anyone that comes on the internet and publicaly states they will do this and that, obviously have a issue with what their team will actually do...the teams that are good usually dont say how good they are and how they will play hard..they simply play hard...they walk the walk, not talk the talk...as far as the rest of AJ pathetic schedule good luck to them...at least the win against AM will make there year, bc i promise u they will not go far in the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i love it how everyone on this site thinks they are god and can predict the future. when the truth is that any team can be beaten on any given day, that was proven saturday when AJ beat AM. it all depends on who wants it more and who is playing well on that day. All excuses aside fellows yall got BEAT!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard