Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
Loc Dog Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
L

CESA Announces Adidas College Player Exposure Combine for 2009

Carolina Elite Soccer Academy (CESA) will host an event to showcase potential college soccer players in Greenville, SC at the MeSA Soccer Complex on January 24 for boys and January 25 for girls. This will be an opportunity for players to compete while being evaluated by college coaches. This event is open to all Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior, and Senior players regardless of club affiliation. Interested players should complete the registration form, which is now located on our home page at www.carolinaelitesc.com. We look forward to seeing you at this event. The schedule is detailed below.

Boys Girls
Saturday, January 24 Sunday, January 25

12:30 – 1:00pm GK Registration / Check-In
1:15 – 2:00pm GK Training Session
1:15 – 2:00pm Field Player Registration / Check-In
2:00 – 2:30pm Team Warm-up
2:40 – 3:50pm 11v11 Match
4:00 – 4:45pm College Soccer Q&A / Lunch Provided
5:00 – 6:10pm 11v11 Match
6:15 – 6:30pm Closing Remarks

For more information, please contact:
Nick Finotti - nfinotti@greenville.k12.sc.us / 803-524-2699
Andrew Hyslop - Andrew@carolinaelitesc.com / 864-423-7999
CESA Office – 864-329-1113

Goal
Goal
What is the cost?

Victory Starts Here!
H
brace
brace
H
last year you got lunch and a pull over and i think it was only 35$. im not sure if the price will change this year.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
The registration form says $50...still a steal

H
brace
brace
H
it was well worth the money.many coaches were on hand.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Why does CESA have this in-house "college" event but not consistently send their teams to the country's top events, where players are truly seen by more then just local SC schools? This is a recruiting tool, just like their friendly match arrangement with ODP during tryout time in May. What caused the $15 increase?

If CESA were truly about player development, especially in terms of college exposure, they would sacrifice a few State Cups for ONE year and attend Raleigh for the welfare of U15-U18 female players looking to secure their FOUR years of college.

H
brace
brace
H
i think we had this argument before.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

Why does CESA have this in-house "college" event but not consistently send their teams to the country's top events, where players are truly seen by more then just local SC schools? This is a recruiting tool, just like their friendly match arrangement with ODP during tryout time in May. What caused the $15 increase?

If CESA were truly about player development, especially in terms of college exposure, they would sacrifice a few State Cups for ONE year and attend Raleigh for the welfare of U15-U18 female players looking to secure their FOUR years of college.

I always love it when the CESA haters come out. Which SC club has had their girls players sacrifice State Cup to attend Raleigh?

Last year at the combine, their were more than 20 college coaches from women's programs watching 2-3 fields worth of players and having a Q & A session with the girls. The players paid $35, got lunch and an Adidas top, and paid no hotel bill.

Last year at the Raleigh Showcase, their were more probably 100 college coaches from women's programs at WRAL. Most of which didn't leave WRAL even though half of the tournament's entrants were someplace else. Players' teams paid $900? to enter the tournament and paid for 3 nights in a hotel plus travel to Raleigh while missing at least one day of school on Friday to play a game and possibly another on Thursday due to travel.

I'm still looking for the girl from CESA who complains about not getting seen by the college she wants to attend. I haven't found her yet.

BTW, I would venture to say the CESA lost money on last year's combine and will lose money on this year's too. Not positive about that, but I bet it's true.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
You're right, all clubs should get their kids to Raleigh, not just CESA and SCYSA is equally to blame for not scheduling better. It's easy to look ahead and do so.

Now, list the 20 schools that attended....enough said....they're schools that could see the players anytime. The Q&A? It should happen much earlier if U16s-U18s are listening. If you want to go to school in SC, then go to the CESA combine.

But, if want to expand horizons for college, it is an absolute no brainer. And, there are WELL MORE then 100 schools at Raleigh. The final 2006 list had over 200 schools for the Women's weekend.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Instead of attacking a club for trying to do more for the players of South Carolina..I challenge other clubs to do these kind of events..not just for their players but for any player that wants to attend..We do not play for CESA but have taken advantage of these events that they offer and have been very pleased...Anyone else out there interested in helping not just the players in YOUR club but all players in the State? Oh Yeah, the combine last year had players from Alabama and Tennessee attend..The bottom line? Stop attacking the ones you don't like for doing the right thing

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard