Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
goal
goal
bear, you just can't let go, can you? i'm sure there are many people who ask a lot of "what ifs" in regards to the bridge, but the FACT of the matter is that you WALKED AWAY from your involvement (or, could i say commitment?) with it years ago. anything you feel the bridge "could have been" is only a fantasy on your part. nobody knows for sure what might have happened with you still involved. for all anyone knows (including yourself) there might not even BE a bridge right now if you had continued being a part of it.

i realize someone asked the question about lundy's involvement with the bridge, and that question was answered.

but now, for some reason, you feel the need to speak for coach lundy (and i didn't even know he had a spokesperson).

you said, in part: "he's still involved in trying to assist and improve the opportunities for the kids in Mt. P, even without being involved with Bridge." what?!?!

based on that statement, one would be led to believe that if a person IS involved with the bridge, then they should also be involved in assisting the kids of mt pleasant. can you explain the logic behind that one? (i'm sure you'll throw in a "you're right, bridge doesn't care about the kids of mt pleasant)

i can see the next thread titled "how are the mosquitoes on james island these days?" and your post being something like, "years ago, when i was involved with the bridge, the mosquito problem was almost totally under control, not only on james island, but most of the state. since then, things have spiraled out of control, the bridge has gone downhill, and malaria has run rampant on the island. if i was still involved with the bridge, there would be a cure for cancer by now."

maybe it's time to finally get past this and move on...

B
goal
goal
B
I guess that since I post opinions that bother you, I should just stop. Somehow I knew when I saw that you had posted in this discussion, it was some kind of leave Bridge alone statement with a personal attack.

Okay, let me expand a little bit more about what I wrote, because you apparently aren't able to see past any of it because you are so busy trying to protect Bridge, for at least a couple more years anyway.

My interpretation of the discussion notes, and then the question after it could have lead to a discussion concerning credibility. Was the simple question answered, yes, but at least in my mind and opinion, the bigger lingering question remained. So yes, I wrote a response. Obviously, you didn't like it....

In response to some of your more direct questions/statements:

Yes I walked away from my involvement with Bridge. Yes, it was an extremely difficult decision for me personally. No, it wasn't a difficult decision at all with respect to my family. Now you mention committment. Good one. My family made a choice, and yours obviously has too. I'm happy that I had a choice to be able to make. I feel for those that don't feel they have a choice.

Do I know what Bridge would be like today if I remained involved, no, but, I would have been striving for some kind of goals. I really think, if you put aside your personal attacks at me, you would agree that if I wasn't involved in the beginning, Bridge would not have gotten started when it did. Not saying it wouldn't have gotten there, but it surely wouldn't have happened the year it did.

In the original concept of Bridge, yes, if you're involved with Bridge, then you're in fact working for the players throughout the low country. That has changed. People don't like to forget too quickly in the low country. There was a question that was posted to a comment that made reference to a program from U9 to U18 being different than the initial U13 to U18 and others trying to draw it back to the initial set up.

Since it apparently steps on your toes when I post, I'll guess I'll have to stop.

goal
goal
all that, and you still managed to not answer my ONE question.

O
kick off
kick off
O
Bear, I wouldn't stop. Your opinions are appreciated....you are not the only one who seems to upset Bellig'. I have not been on this site long but do appreciate EVERYONES view and experiences, even if they don't agree with mine.

I do find it funny that you are being attacked for not answering a question; it always appears that any questions asked on here, mainly about the Bridge, are never answered and the person inquiring is then attacked for stirring up the pot and apparently alluring something is wrong. I can't help but think that this defensive response allures something is wrong.

L
Goal
Goal
L
belligerent,

time to give it up and move on

B
goal
goal
B
Quote:

can you explain the logic behind that one?

I assume this is the one question that you are talking about.

Quote:

In the original concept of Bridge, yes, if you're involved with Bridge, then you're in fact working for the players throughout the low country.

I see an answer, but maybe need to expand it a little.

Original Concept (at least relevant to this question)
Bridge top level of players, area wide.
Local Clubs supporting local players.

goal
goal
onthefence, still can't find a job, huh? for the most part, with the "unanswered" questions you're referring to, the poster (for example, you) has been directed to one of a number of contacts, but they (you) typically refuse to contact them. now, if you (or, heck, even me) have a question, and someone tells you where you can go to get that question answered, but then you refuse to go there and ask someone who can actually answer it...that kinda tells me you never really wanted an answer in the first place. so, did you ever contact tripp miller or rob strickland to get answers to your questions? when i have questions, i try and go to the person (or persons) who can answer them. in this case, i had questions that only bear could answer.

speaking of which, bear, please don't stop on my account - you're not bothering me and certainly not stepping on my toes. you question posters all the time for clarity, correctness, possible hidden agendas, etc - that's all i'm doing here. i'm not sure why you believe i'm attacking you personally - i'm only responding to statements i take exception to. and for the record, if i have not before, i give you full credit for your part in starting the bridge. i'm not sure exactly how it all came about (and i don't want to take away credit from the originator) but i do recognize the effort you put forth to get it started (although i'm sure there is much work you did that i am not aware of - and i don't claim to know everything you did, or even a fraction of it), and I, personally, greatly appreciate that effort. not sure where we (my child) would be right now if it weren't for the bridge.

onthefence, also for the record, i do not find bear at all alluring (bear, no offense, but i had to throw that out there, lest someone think differently)

B
goal
goal
B
Actually, I'm glad you don't. I was wondering about that one myself. I've been called many things, but, alluring was a new one.

Check your PM.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Back to Mt Pleasant's fight....Didn't the Town get involved with questionning the cost of maintaining the soccer fields this past fall? As a result, didn't MPSC request SCYSA to move games off their fields that did not involve MPSC teams or did not involve out of town teams to pacify the Town? Weren't local clubs asked to move their games to their own fields? Is that MPSC's agreement (only games with MPSC or two out of town teams) with SCYSA this year?

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard