Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#10911 04/08/03 03:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Georgetown, looking at the play-off picture, you will go up against Darlington(most likely) and Dreher or AC Flora will host Carolina Forest. The winners of these two matches will take each other on.
West Florence you will get a bye into round two, since Georgetowns region is soooooo weak (number of teams, not quality) But then you will loss to Myrtle Beach after they beat BC at MB. (Unless BC picks up their game, which it looks like they are doing.)
Then Georgetown if you are still around you too will fall to MB unless they self explode like they did the last time they played you. But with their quality coach I can't see that happening.
So Good Luck boys...
Other half of lower state NMB takes on Strom Thurmond, then Wilson will travel to NMB, again with a bye due to Gtowns weak region... bye Wilson
Then AC FLora or Dreher will take on Marion and Timberland will take on Camden. (That's nice)
Region 5 Champ will take on NMB
Region 5 Runner-Up or Car.Frst take on MB
winners take on each other and then the
Winner goes to Cola Town and gets punked by the UpperState... those guys are just mad phat up dare, LowerState can't touch em, Everyone know's dat It will just be great for which ever Lowerstate team get's to walk on the same pitch as these Great men then let the spanking begin

#10912 04/08/03 01:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Josh
First off I saw YOU win that State Championship! Lets go ahead and say that St Andrews was a fluke in that game and you guys won what 1-0! You are correct with the pressure statement! You could tell that you guys at WH had played in more games and knew how to handle yourselves and you had better talent! You are probably right saying the upper state will win the title this year!

Hansel
You upperstate will always have the numbers advantage due to the sheer number of kids playing year around soccer in the Greenville area! Plus ALL of the High Schools in Greenville are 3A! While in the Columbia area you have Irmo, Dutch Fork, Ridge View,and Lexington!All 4A! So instead of 6/7 3a schools we have three! With only BC being any where near the talent level of Greenville, Riverside, and Eastside! And before you say anything about last year, BC had a horrible showing but they were the best team in the lower state!!! But to say they are lucky to be on th field well that is a little over doing don't you think?
Shearer

#10913 04/08/03 02:33 PM
C
goal kick
goal kick
C
I don't know if they do anything different with byes but I just went by the bracket on the SCHSL website. I don't like how this works because teams are not reward on they wins except in the region. If I did this correct and it falls this way at the end of the year I think that Eastside has a large advantage over the other schools.

The Count's predictions:

Upper State

D.W. Daniel
Union

Lugoff-Elgin
Greenville

Riverside
Pickens

J.L. Mann
Clover

Eastside
Chester

Newberry
Seneca

York
Southside

Wren
Greer

Lower State

North Myrtle Beach
Strom Thurmond

Wilson
bye

A.C. Flora
Marion

Timberland
Camden

Georgetown
Darlington

Dreher
Carolina Forest

West Florence
bye

Myrtle Beach
Brookland-Cayce

#10914 04/08/03 02:41 PM
W
goal
goal
W
Count that means BC got beat twice by BOTH Dreher and Flora! Have you seen Dreher play? Flora will win region because they start 9 Sr!! But Dreher is slow and sloppy! Don't be surprised when BC beats Dreher! Bc just seems to always have the devils number!

Good luck Bearcats make us proud!

#10915 04/08/03 03:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did you say that BC was the best in the lowerstate last year. did you see the MB game. MB dominated them the whole time but they choked at crunch time.MB probly was 10 times better then BC last year, and MB probly would have beat Greenville too.

#10916 04/08/03 03:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
G-town has no chance of winning lowerstate. They are horrible. The only reason they beat MB is that everybody on MB was tired from the night before and they got the worst handball call in the box ever. The referee didnt even see it.the linesmen some how saw it from about 40 yards away.MB played the worst game of their life and they still dominated the game. G-town has no right to say anything. They have one or two good players. that is it.

#10917 04/09/03 04:26 AM
W
goal
goal
W
Spider
Yes I saw the game and yes once BC went up 3-2 MB dominated the game trying to force overtime and yes they should have hd it not been for the outstanding play of GK Cory Smith!! But before BC took the lead the game was evenly matched! BC had the play for the first 30 with MB scoring on a counterattck by the big guy up frnt from a ball by Anthony M! In the Second half Thomas Mann scored twice to put us up and then we sat back and defended like you are supposed with a lead on th road!!!!!!!!! But talentwise BC was better than MB last year and WON the lowerstate championship! If you want my honest opinion MB was better the year before when Andrew Glover and Coach K were there and they got dismantled by my boys Troy and Jeff 5-2!!!!!!! Don't hate on BC cus you couldn't beat us!!!!!!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

PS No way in hell ya'll would have beat Greenville! WHo would have marked Jay Breknell?

#10918 04/09/03 04:43 AM
C
goal kick
goal kick
C
I am not trying to bash BC I was just using the schedules that have been played until today. I think that we will find out a lot about BC and Flora tonight if they play.

CN beat Dreher in PKs
Flora beat CN in PKs
Dreher beat BL.
and Dreher has lost 4 of their 7 loses in OT or PKs and the have played a very hard schedule.

BL and CN beat BC 4-1.

I know that any team can win on any day and any team can play bad on any day but I was just generalizing because none of the region games have been played.

I think that the contest for #1 in between Dreher and Flora will be very interesting.
BC has a very young team I think that all the experience that these players are getting now will pay off in the future, just not this season.

Count Zero
I Shall Return

#10919 04/08/03 05:22 PM
W
goal
goal
W
I agree BC is YOUNG YOUNG YOUNG! But these guys are getting better by playing the schedule they have played!!! You are right we will see a lot tonight about BC! I think that Flora is a little too big and dirty for the young BC guys to handle but that's why they play the game! Also, this is not an excuse but the cage was a mess when BC played CN and BL! The size thing came into play and they(BC) couldn't get out of the muck and filth(muck get it gordon liddy ball bearings!!!!HAHA)to play the game! CN and BL are both better teams THIS year but the score would not have been 4-1!!!! But I understand your thoughts and you are probably right but remeber you heard it here first that BC WILL beat Dreher!!!!!!

#10920 04/08/03 07:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't see how you can say gtown is horrible. When I call a team horrible I usually try to aim that allegation torwards a team that didn't beat mine. Gtown has plenty of potential, and when they want to I think they could play pretty well, and atleast beat NMB, who by the way is not going to win state, and I doubt even lower state. But gtown doesn't have the leadership it needs to be a good team, so though I would want to see them finish well, it will take a good roll of the dice for anything great.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard