Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
goal kick
goal kick
There was no doubt that Lexington dominated the game, but some of those goals could have been prevented. The officials never called the Lexington fouls, but called Blythewood fouls (even if they didn't exist). A "hand ball" was called in the box. When asked who the hand ball was on, the official simply responded with, "I don't know." Did Lexington deserve to win? Yes, they out played Blythewood. Should the score have been that high? No, the officials made many many unfortunate calls. I will even go as far as to say that with different officials, the game may have been evenly matched.

Last edited by SWEEPER2; 02/27/09 04:38 AM.
world cup
world cup
How many refs did they use, two or three?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Dreher lost starting all-state junior sweeper Becca O'Connell in first 5 minutes of the game against Irmo. Trainers and doctor on sideline suspect a torn ACL.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Dreher lost starting all-state junior sweeper Becca O'Connell in first 5 minutes of the game against Irmo. Trainers and doctor on sideline suspect a torn ACL.

Please keep us posted on Becca's status. We are hoping for the best.

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Any College Coaches at the games last night?

Is there a list of College Coaches that are attending this weekend?

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

I saw coaches last night from PC, Converse, and Lander. I also heard that Newberry had a representative there.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

There was no doubt that Lexington dominated the game, but some of those goals could have been prevented. The officials never called the Lexington fouls, but called Blythewood fouls (even if they didn't exist). A "hand ball" was called in the box. When asked who the hand ball was on, the official simply responded with, "I don't know." Did Lexington deserve to win? Yes, they out played Blythewood. Should the score have been that high? No, the officials made many many unfortunate calls. I will even go as far as to say that with different officials, the game may have been evenly matched.

You have to remember that the officials are only human, they are merely a obstacle in the game. They will not always make the right calls, also the officials for games may not be the best remember all the other games that are going on this week/weekend the best ref's cant be at every game.

Goal
Goal

I saw coaches last night from PC, Converse, and Lander. I also heard that Newberry had a representative there.

Yes, I also saw USC-Sumter, Lander, and Newberry too! Opening night was a lot of fun. I think there was a Columbia College sighting as well -- at least two folks in hoodies. I look forward to the rest of the weekend, weather permitting!

Victory Starts Here!
goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

Quote:

You have to remember that the officials are only human, they are merely a obstacle in the game. They will not always make the right calls, also the officials for games may not be the best remember all the other games that are going on this week/weekend the best ref's cant be at every game.

That is a valid argument, but is it logical for even some of the worst refs to NEVER make the right call?? I am just worried that someone is going to get seriously injured.

Last edited by SWEEPER2; 02/27/09 02:16 PM.
goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

Quote:

The Columbia College coach was there also.

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard