Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
bench
bench
Peabody: You may want to recalculate your bracket Champions based on the following taken from the tourney rules:

7) Declaring a champion in the event of severe weather (or other necessary) cancellations:
a) If cancellations of matches prevented an overly large number of bracket matches from being completed (discretion would lie with tournament committee), no champion would be declared.
b) If bracket play is completed but Sunday play is cancelled, a champion would be declared from among the four bracket champions. Placement would be determined on a point system. Points would be awarded as follows – two points for each victory and one point for each tie achieved by a team you have faced in bracket play (i.e., reward for strength of opponents); one point for each shutout your team has achieved; and one point deducted for each advancement by your team via penalty kicks.
c) If required, goal differential (+\- maximum of three goals per game) would be used to determine the champion from among teams tied in the above points system. Finally, goals allowed (no limit per game) would be the final tie-breaker.
d) If no definitive single champion were able to be declared at this point, co-champions would be declared.

brace
brace
Quote:

To borrow an idea from Kyle Heise's post in the Carolina Soccer Classic thread, here are some numbers from the 16 Viking Cup games that were able to be played:

4 matches ended in ties (25%)
5 matches were decided by 1 goal (31%)
3 matches were decided by 2 goals (19%)
4 matches were decided by 3 or more goals (25%)
11 shutouts (68%)
36 goals (2.25 per match)

Average Goal Differential: 1.5
Bracket A: 1.25
Bracket B: 0.75
Bracket C: 1.75
Bracket D: 2.25

Bracket D teams scored the most goals (11)
Bracket A teams scored the fewest goals (7)

Records by classification:
4A: 9-6-4 (19 teams)
3A: 1-7-3 (11 teams)
2A: 1-1-1 (3 teams)

3A: Riverside and Mann won

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Quote:

Fort Mill is very honored to be Bracket A Champions!

So, by that logic, I guess the following would also be Bracket Champions:

Bracket B: JL Mann
Bracket C: Lexington
Bracket D: Co-champions Irmo & Spartanburg

. . .with SVG as overall CHAMPS.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

3A: Riverside and Mann won

Sorry, I incorrectly transcribed the 3A teams;

Corrected:
Records by classification:
4A: 9-6-4 (19 teams)
3A: 2-5-3 (10 teams)
2A: 1-1-1 (3 teams)

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

7) Declaring a champion in the event of severe weather (or other necessary) cancellations:
a) If cancellations of matches prevented an overly large number of bracket matches from being completed (discretion would lie with tournament committee), no champion would be declared.

tranquil19:
Obviously, with only one round completed, the above describes the situation which means no champion is declared and any discussion of bracket champions is just speculation.

My comment was not a serious attempt to declare bracket champions. I was simply extending Hurst's logic that Fort Mill would be the Bracket A champion. I was assuming he had based this on goal differential.

Notice that I also included the

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fort Mill is very honored to be Bracket A Champions!

So, by that logic, I guess the following would also be Bracket Champions:

Bracket B: JL Mann
Bracket C: Lexington
Bracket D: Co-champions Irmo & Spartanburg

. . .with SVG as overall CHAMPS.

I think Steve Lea and the SV volunteers should be declared champions!

world cup
world cup
I think Mother Nature was the real champ.

She kicked everybody's butt today!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

I think Mother Nature was the real champ.

She kicked everybody's butt today!

Yes ALL 32 TEAMS with a single blow!

bench
bench
Peabody: Sorry I omitted the smiley. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment brought on by the sudden void left by the cancellation of a weekend of completive soccer. Looking forward to the "Hungry Howie". Lets hope the weather cooperates for this one.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Random thought......

Did you ever notice when weather effects a club tournament, the number of people clamoring for refunds and kvetching about why they cancelled, etc?

This is HS.....and haven't heard one person crying about money or (mis) management. Cool.....can the same grace be extended to club?

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard