Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
bench
OP Offline
bench
E
I would like to know if it is possible to have games between any high School team and a club team. The reason because I am making this questions is because my 16's team want to keep working after regular season. please let me know if any rule does not allow to do it.

Thank you

world cup
world cup
Enrique,

Will your U-16 players be playing on high school teams this spring?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
E
bench
OP Offline
bench
E
I talked with them and they told me that they doubt about Varsity, they think that JV will be a solution, but in my opinion I would like to keep them with me instead of JV, that's why I would like to know if we can play against High schools on their season.

C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
I never really dug into this before, but according to the SCHSL constitution, Article VIII, Section 2.A.2:

Schools may play teams such as college freshman, alumni or textile teams provided
these games are included on the regular schedule of the school and inclusion does
not cause the school to exceed the limits in number of regular season games
allowed.

In other words, it sounds like SCHSL teams are allowed to play non-high-school teams, but those games have to go down as part of the team's regular schedule, which is limited to 16 games (18 if they trade in the rights to one tournament.) However, I don't think those games can count toward region rank and playoff seeding, so I'm not sure how many high school teams would be willing to burn a regular-season match slot on a game that would only count as a "friendly" in the big picture. I could be wrong, but I think it will be much easier for them to find a full schedule of matches playing high school JV than trying to find 14 matches (full JV schedule starting this year) playing club-vs-high school.

I've got good news and bad news...

Link Copied to Clipboard