Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 21 1 2 17 18 19 20 21
F
bench
bench
F
Dadicated,
I hope you aren't naive enough to think that your rantings on here actually helped in getting MP to think about refunds or credits!
I would think that they would have to have done something, even a small gesture, to make it seem that they understand everyone's loss (economically and emotionally).
They aren't complete idiots. They just happen to be a Club that lets themselves be run by a bunch of politicians.
You say you are going away. Why?
A couple of weeks ago, I posted that this site had gotten boring. You brought some life back into it.
You are completely wrong, of course, but that's another story.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

But if this injustice ever rears its ugly head again, look to the horizon and you may see me riding in again.

And as we gaze at the horizon to the sound of approaching hooves, we may ask each other, in hushed tones, "I hear the hooves...I see the horse...but hard as I look, I can't quite tell..."

"Is he coming, or going?"

I've got good news and bad news...
C
Coach
Coach
C
(And that, cowhands, is the difference between silver bullets, and Silver's nuggets.)

H
goal
goal
H
From reading the thread I have learned that:

1. It was so predictable that bad weather was imminent that the tournament should have been preemptively canceled; and

2. The weather was so nice, there is no excuse for not having gotten all the games played

Glad we were able to clear it up.

world cup
world cup
Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.

you turning into a Talking Head?

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

Quote:

Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.

...asks the talking bust of Marcus Aurelius...

hat-trick
hat-trick
My team's division, U16, was able to complete play albeit with 20 minute games on Sunday. I have no complaints about the unavoidable delay of games due to Mother Nature's whims. However, I do feel that our team was unnecessarily jerked around on Saturday.

Saturday morning we found that, due to the closing of fields 3 and 4 at Patriot's Point, our games were moved and rescheduled as follows:
1:30 PM at Moultrie Middle School
7:10 PM at Town Hall field.

Around 11:15 AM, we found out that the team we were scheduled to play at 7:10 PM did not show up for their 10:50 AM game and were not coming. We were awarded a 3-0 victory by forfeit.

After locating the field at the under-construction Moultrie Middle School (not the current Moultrie Middle School), we arrived at 12:45 for warmups for our first game. The rain ceased, the referees arrived and all looked well. At around 1:00 we received a call from a tournament official who said all games were canceled for the rest of the day. I told her the field and weather looked good and we should be able to play. She said, "I'm sorry, it's canceled." The referees, who couldn't believe that, called their assignor who confirmed that the game was canceled so they left. I met with my team and sent them all on their way.

Around 1:20, after we had all left the field, I received a call from the tournament director who said the game was back on at 2:00 PM. So, we had to get on the cell phones and call all of our players who had dispersed to various places in the Charleston area. One family was already 15-20 miles up I-26 on their way back to Columbia. Fortunately, we were able to get everyone back in time to start the match with a full side at 2:00 PM but we had some pretty frustrated and upset parents. Not sure why this off and then on-again indecision took place.

Due to the forfeit, we only played 2 games on the weekend, one was 30 minute halves on Saturday and the other was 20 minutes total on Sunday. So we played 80 minutes, the equivalent of one full game, all weekend.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.

...asks the talking bust of Marcus Aurelius...

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Have they canceled the men's tournament this weekend yet?

Page 19 of 21 1 2 17 18 19 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard