Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 21 1 2 3 4 20 21
F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Quote:

Yes...that would be nice. You should be really proud to be affiliated with such a club??? What happen to why we are all on this site...SOCCER!! Has MP forgotten already.

Balls,

You can slam my club if you want. No big deal. The fact is that no matter what decision was made, your going home on Sunday. You don't have to practice this week on these fields. You don't have to play next week on these fields. So if MPSC feels they need to make a decision to save some fields from damage, so be it.

A
throw in
throw in
A
In fairness to all. Wait and see what MPSC is going to do as far as a refund. Hopefully it's not a credit to another MPSC tournament. There were a lot of unhappy parents and coaches of teams that traveled and used the MPSC hotels. It was also expensive as far as tournaments go. So hopefully a credit will be issued.

By telling someone to not comeback, does not help anyone. It will ensure there are no outside teams here next year.

D
kick off
kick off
D
MP was able to watch the weather forecast just like the rest of us. They chose to play saturday mornings games but cut them to 20 minute halves. The only reason they did this was so they could say that they don't have to issue refunds because all of the teams had played atleast one game. We played of field 7 at 12:30 and there were no issues with the field conditions. Yet, they cancelled the afternoon games as soon as our game was over, even though the rain had stopped! One Tournament organizer said it was so the fields would be in good shape for the tournament next week. MP knew the weather forecast and didn't want to give up the money. They only held out the "hope" of playing sunday to keep everyone in town. If you keep the Chamber of Commerce happy then you keep getting your sponsorships.

These are same people that lobbied SCYSA to cancel all of their home and away games because a CAT 1 Hurricane made it rain in Charleston. They could have traveled and played their away games.If rain closes the fields in Charleston, like they all ways do, then they should have to travel to their opponnets site to play the games.

Last edited by Dadicated; 10/12/08 09:57 PM.
T
throw in
throw in
T
You know what, I think they did all they could. I think they tried their best to put on the tournament so the kids could play.

Also, the fields in Mt. P are owned by the city. I don't think it was the club as much as the city.

I know we got burned by the Columbia United tournament last March....now that was ridiculous....they had the teams money and they did not care one bit. ON Saturday night they cancelled the games for Sunday...and we woke up and the fields were FINE. If I remember correctly it was because the fields had debris (leaves and twigs) and they didn't feel like cleaning them up. Columbia blew it on that one and I have no desire to ever play one of their tournaments again!

I'd rather the clubs do what MP did and give it a shot and not jump the gun, rather than cancel way to early and we get jilted out of games.

So you really think they ONLY cared about the money? I think they took an optimistic approach and tried very hard to see what they could play.

Maybe call the Town of Mt. Pleasant and ask them WHO made the final decision....the club or the town?

Last edited by SoccerMom85; 10/12/08 10:08 PM.
D
kick off
kick off
D
MPSC decided to gamble with a financial decision to host a tournament. At risk was damage to the fields. When they decided to fold because the stakes were too high they lost all claim to the pot.

Do you really think they should be able to keep the money? Should they be able to force me to come back down there for another tournament to get my " credit" back. They breached the agreement. the choice of a credit or a refund should be mine. I choose to get my money back because there is nothing about MPSC that would ever entice me to come back there for another tournament.

D
kick off
kick off
D
MPSC has a long history of this. If they can't garuantee a tournament then they shouldn't be allowed to host them.

T
throw in
throw in
T
You decided to gamble on going to a soccer tournament. Soccer is an outside sport....anyone and everyone knows that outside sports are at the mercy of Mother Nature.

You argument holds no weight with me.

Why should they have to refund money the weather was truly the culprit. You even say that yourself.

Look at what Columbia did last year....they cancelled games and the weather was beautiful Sunday morning. I still say MP did all they could. Some people just can't be pleased.

I'm checking now, but there are LOTS of clubs that have a no refund disclaimer. I don't know if MP had one or not.

EDITED TO ADD: Check the tournament rules. It was in there....black and white. No refunds for bad weather. EVERY team knew before going that this was an option. Now, if MP was really in it just for the money, they could have cancelled yesterday and been done with it. As it was, they went above and beyond to try and get as many teams a chance to play as they could.

Go check Charlotte United, Columbia United, CASL, Charlotte Soccer Club...just to name a few. They all have no refund policies.

Last edited by SoccerMom85; 10/12/08 10:41 PM.
D
kick off
kick off
D
They offered a product that they did not deliver. Even the first game was a farce. The didn't move up game times. All they did was make the games shorter. If you buy something through mail order and it gets ruined by a natural disaster before you recieve it, does the company that you ordered it from get to keep your money and not produce the product?

T
throw in
throw in
T
Read the rules........

LOTS OF CLUBS ARE DOING THIS NOW.....it is a sign of the times. Not just MP....but all the clubs.

BTW...the first game times were shortened in the hopes to save wear and tear on the fields. They were hoping to make sure they would have fields for Sunday AND next week.

But the bottom line is this...did you read the rules when you signed up for the tournament?

B
bench
bench
B
They took our money and ran! If you look at the brackets that were allowed to play they were brackets where MP teams had a chance at winning a medal. They knew the situation with the weather when scheduling and made sure these brackets were at venues that did not have to close due to weather and it would not affect their teams that had a shot at winning or gaining a medal. The director of the tournament is only a puppet and the DOC made these calls. Once again, MP made a poor decision and the new leadership is as worse than the old. I will make sure my club doesn't come back!

Page 2 of 21 1 2 3 4 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard