Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21
D
kick off
kick off
D
OH you ever get tired of being there - you can try out across the bridge.

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Quote:

Nice to see all of MPSC members circle the wagons to protect the payroll. I think my posts have raised enough questions to make other teams question making that much of an investment into your tournament again.

I know all the people here on not MPSC, just reasonable people. I guess we'll know if a year if your campaign works. We'll compare the numbers of teams from 08 to 09.

A
throw in
throw in
A
I think this is a very dead horse, enough beating it over and over.

This from the tournament director today...

Coaches and Managers,

We wanted to keep you abreast of the fact that we are addressing the rain out last weekend. Once our Board can meet, we will notify you of our decisions. We ask for your patience but also commit to having a answer back to you within 2 weeks.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

Nice to see all of MPSC members circle the wagons to protect the payroll. I think my posts have raised enough questions to make other teams question making that much of an investment into your tournament again.

I think I already posted clearly that I'm not affiliated with MPSC, nor do I have any interest, personal or team-wise, in their payroll. I've identified myself as a coach with another "rival club," as you put it, (except for the view that a different acronym before the team names doesn't put us at odds with each other; we'll do more for the sport and the kids by supporting each other than by tearing each other down), and even went so far as to identify the club I am affiliated with. What were you saying earlier about paying attention and following facts?

Will Chassereau
CUSC 90G White

I've got good news and bad news...
corner kick
corner kick
I think almost everyone who's participated has either explicitly said that they're from another club or intimated that they took their daughters to the tournament from out of town and were disappointed too...thus, they're from other clubs as well.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

IThis from the tournament director today...

Coaches and Managers,

We wanted to keep you abreast of the fact that we are addressing the rain out last weekend. Once our Board can meet, we will notify you of our decisions. We ask for your patience but also commit to having a answer back to you within 2 weeks.

To what coaches and managers was this sent? I coach a team that was in the tournament and I received the email messages they sent out before and during the weekend, but I have not received the message you copied above.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Nor have I. Maybe it was just to teams who didn't get to play at all on Sunday.

I've got good news and bad news...
F
bench
bench
F
I'm happy to see this thread showing some signs of sanity!
Dadicated....get over it. This kind of thing happens.
I was treated poorly at this tournament twice. Once while coaching boys and once while coaching girls.
I let the first one go....when treated poorly the second time, I simply didn't return to the tournament.
The tournament will continue to be played whether you are there or not.
Weather happens...on your insurance poicy they call it an act of God.
Move on. This won't be the last time your team will be impacted by weather.
Life isn't fair, and neither is soccer. If it was, we wouldn't have most of the center referee's that we now have!
(that was sarcasm, folks!)

D
kick off
kick off
D
Quote:

I think this is a very dead horse, enough beating it over and over.

This from the tournament director today...

Coaches and Managers,

It actually appears that this thread may have served its purpose. There may be some justice done for the pitiful manner in which this tournament was conducted.

Many of you you have asked who I am and where I'm from. You may guess and ponder this for years to come or you may return to your normal lives. But as I ride out of town, to the clatter of hooves, you may ask yourself," Who is that masked man?" But if this injustice ever rears its ugly head again, look to the horizon and you may see me riding in again.

S
Goal
Goal
S
Quote:

... you may ask yourself," Who is that masked man?".

And you may ask yourself
Where is that large automobile?
And you may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful house!
And you may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful wife!

Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard