Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Fatty Has shown us the glass have empty so how about the glass half full..What other club in the area..or should I say state fields US academy teams? None!! How many clubs in the area field RIII teams? again none!!These teams are playing at a whole different level than the rest of the lowcountry so success is not going to come easy..Girls teams?Strongest teams in the area..State Champions last Fall in the 92 group..What are the other clubs in the area going to offer these players?If anything BFA has probably raised the level of play in the area because clubs know they need to try to keep up..Bridge just needs a place they can call home..

L
Goal
Goal
L
Why can’t Bridge FA operate as an affiliate of MPSC? Wouldn’t this be a good thing for both parties and players?

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Being an outsider to the Charleston soccer scene can somebody let me know what is the problem with Bridge and lack of fields? If they are putting so much into being into the US Soccer Development Academy then why can they not sink money into the obvious needs like fields? Once again, I know nothing about their current conditions but from several threads on this forum it seems to be a problem.

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Quote:

i wonder if fatty called?

No reponse from fatty.

corner kick
corner kick
I'll try and give some semblance of an answer to Letme and soccer63 from what I know:

Bridge won't be an affiliate of MPSC because MPSC already has its own Select/Classic/Challenge/Premier program. The Powers That Be at MPSC/Mt. Pleasant Town Hall aren't going to give it up so they can wear red and gold and be Bridge FA instead of maroon and white and MPSC when the program is part of the Rec Dept.

For Bridge, the problem is that fields are expensive and hard to find. Most of the current land in Mt. Pleasant either belongs to the Rec Dept, public schools, or is already "leased" out to be played on by MPSC. And that's something that's shared with other sports. Daniel Island land is either BE, Charleston Battery, or private AND they have their own (correct me if I'm wrong) Daniel Island Soccer Club for boys.

If they move away from their target area of Mt. P/DI, you run into James Island...which is used by James Island Soccer Club, West Ashley and North Charleston used by CUSC, and Summerville used by SSC.

That occupied soccer space means that Bridge would have to buy or lease its own land, turf the fields, maintain the fields, provide restroom facilities, and parking. I don't know about prices elsewhere, but if they want to stay in the Mt. P/DI general area...even just buying or leasing the land gets really ridiculous.

And, without a rec/supporting populace of players to bring in money, from what I know, which admittedly isn't much, Bridge is way too small a group to be able to afford paying for land, building a complex, and keeping it up on its own.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

...Daniel Island land is either BE, Charleston Battery, or private AND they have their own (correct me if I'm wrong) Daniel Island Soccer Club for boys.

I believe DISA has girls teams as well.

A
throw in
throw in
A
Adidaskitten....don't count out a Bridge/MPSC collaboration of some sort. There is word that both sides have been talking seriously about some type of merger/collaboration. The landscape has changed at MPSC, so may the relationship between Bridge FA and MPSC.

R
bench
bench
R
Woudnt that be nice a collaboration in the low country

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard