Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
brace
brace
H
if academy is started on the girls side does the club get to run it? when they have tryouts im sure some politics plays a part on who is picked.(what club has academy picks their players deserving or not)i cant see a club leaving their players off.i would assume the better players are picked but i bet some are taken because of affiliation.

B
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
B
Of course they are. No different than ODP.

I'll go back to a comment a friend of mine repeated.....he was told by a Texas coach that the top dozen or so kids on a regional level are already known. They're no brainers for a team. Its the next 30 kids where there is debate.

So if your kid is one of the top dozen or so players they'll be on the team regardless of prior club affiliation.

Marcus....you think Sean or Ben wouldn't have loved to have seen your daughter wearing Blue?

H
brace
brace
H
check your pm for my response big daddy.

H
brace
brace
H
firsttouch could answer this.
how much difference is the travel with red bull versus region.i know games may be farther away but is it as frequent.

F
throw in
throw in
F
The Red Bull league play is usually replacing a tournament that you would attend. At CASL , playing the Red Bull League rather than the regular Showcase tournament. Last year there were Red Bull league games at the Disney Showcase. There are 3 events, 2 after the girl's season ends in March and May. If the team opts out of other tournaments, the travel is about the same (except the one event is in Vegas).

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Why? Does participating in this league really make that much of a difference? And to what end?

We as a state need to focus on the 98% not the top 2%!!

B
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
B
Why does life have to be an "either - or" proposition?

The existence of Honors programs (or remedial, for that matter) in school doesn't preclude quality educational programs for the 98%.

I think we focus.

If the audience is the top 5% of players.....focus your program accordingly.

If the audience is entry level players......focus your program accordingly.

If your audience is the solid center......focus your program accordingly.

ODP.....USSF Academy....Red Bull League.....are not for the mainstream.

Rec or PMSL level of play.....is not for the serious, high level player.

We need to get better at all of it.

L
Goal
Goal
L
big daddy - you're doing a good job as chico's replacement. keep up the good job.

B
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
B
Nah, I can only dream. Chico was the, uh...man. Thank you for not making any "Hurst" comparisons.....

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Are you saying that the students in an honors class do not get more attention than say someone in a 'remedial' class?

There are schools in this state that brag about their academic records and neglect that close to 50% of their students that enter 9th grade don't graduate!

Soccer specific: I believe that the present negative perception of BFA is largely a result of one coach pursuing one program that arguably benefits the 'elite' few while neglecting the majority.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard