Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
corner kick
corner kick
Just a note...you can be a fan of something without liking every single aspect of it. You shouldn't be blatantly attacking anyone, but you can dislike aspects of it.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
M
bench
bench
M
Don't know who dadicated is and am a fan of all the MP soccer players. Not impressed with the club that my town offers to my children as well as surrounding area children. Yes, take a poll on the sidelines and see who is impressed with the academy director. Not many! He can't even coach his own U11 team how is he suppose to direct the whole academy. Notice that he is on his cell phone while coaching! Players and teams are leaving the Academy and going to other clubs because of the leadership. JA leaving was only the tip of the iceburg. Mount Pleasant needs more changes!

A
throw in
throw in
A
Unfortunately mpsoccerfan is spot on with his observations.
The kids there do deserve better.

D
kick off
kick off
D
mpsoccerfan/ arsenal2 I doubt that a majority share your beliefs. Regardless as with any conflict I suggest going to the source.

R
bench
bench
R
I totally agree with DcSoccer, there are too many people on this board and in youth soccer who have issues that do not bring them to the attention of the correct people. They like to sit on message boards and vent there concerns to people who can not change or make a difference. Also it is very cowardly to do so, if you have problems please voice your conerns to those people. I know some of the people who have been mentioned on these boards and they are more then willing to sit down and listen to your concerns.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
How do you know that they have not brought their issues to the correct people? It's kind of a bold statement to call someone a coward when you do not know if they have brought their concerns foward or not

A
throw in
throw in
A
redevil and Dcsoccer, maybe people are venting here on this board because they have been to the "correct" people and are very frustrated with the process or complete lack of any concrete results. I think if you went around and spoke to parents of children in the academy you would find a surprisingly high level of frustration, have you spoken to parents of children in the academy ? Do you have any firsthand experience with the academy ? Have you had a child in the academy ? You may have, I don't know.

It's easy to call someone a coward without knowing the complete story. It is exactly the kind of thing you are accusing mpsoccerfan and I of participating in. Redevil, these people you know are willing to sit down and listen, this is true, but listen is all they do.
Nothing that has been written on this forum is anything that has not been said out loud, over and over. There are parents who got tired of going to the "correct" people. They started taking their concerns directly to the Town of Mt. P.and not just the Rec Dept. This isn't a problem of a few "cowardly" people on a forum board.

M
bench
bench
M
I have had a child in the Academy with Mount Pleasant. In fact, I have spoken to the new Academy Director (MP) and he Yes Sir'd me until he was out of breath. He also became very frustrated when asked questions. And yes, if you ask any one on the side lines if they are happy with the Academy I would bet over 50% are unhappy with either the leadership of the Academy or the coaching. Again, will someone tell me why out of 5000 children they can't produce "true" challenge teams at every age group. I can think of a couple boys teams and a couple girls teams. That's it? Also, what is the 3rd night training in the academy for? Is it producing any results?...or is it lining some particular coaches pockets. Lets get real here and demand some real answers. The kids of Mount Pleasant deserve the chance to be trained and coached properly so that one day they can play at high level soccer if they choose in their backyard not CESA's backyard! I would like to see MP get on this site and give some real answers but then again he my be held accountable for them.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
It's my belief that many in the lowcountry has been short changed when it comes to the development of soccer players..

corner kick
corner kick
There are problems on so many levels with Lowcountry soccer that it will probably take many years before, if, anything is sorted out. From dilution of player pools across clubs to club management to handling of coaches to philosophies, it's all affecting the players here. It makes me sad to think of how many of them are missing out on the experiences I was able to have growing up.

I could write pages on my experiences with MPSC as a coach, but the point is fairly moot as I don't have time to coach anymore anyway. Instead, I wax nostalgic and keep up with the girls I was honoured to coach who, despite the problems, have managed to help create one of the more, or most, successful girls' Academy teams there.

Last edited by adidaskitten86; 10/27/08 10:54 PM.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard