Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Let's stop the figure of 5000 kids at MPSC. A kid that plays as a two season player (Fall and Spring) is counted by the Rec. Dept. as two.

Let's not start another post about how inept MPSC is....it's a well-known fact by those all over the state. A recreation-run program is just that so people shouldn't expect more.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
You forgot one..Player identification..How frustrating it must be for a parent and player to field teams that have little to no success in the challenge league..Did the soccer professional identify these players as challenge material? Or the player or parent can not live with the idea that they may have more success at the classic level but refuse to accept the fact that they are not challenge material..I am talking age groups 15 and up
What I have been watching are under developed teams struggling to compete and the games are just down right ugly with constant fouls and frustration on everyone's part.
Is this what the player/parent signed up for?
I thought it was competitve soccer they signed up for no matter what level of play..But I am not seeing it

Last edited by coldhardtruth; 10/27/08 11:15 PM.
corner kick
corner kick
I think part of that goes along with dilution of the player pool...instead of getting solid teams in each age group in one place, you get a hodge podge of players everywhere and you end up cobbling together a team that just can't quite compete where it needs to in the league. The good kids then don't get the recognition they deserve and the less skilled kids don't get the development they need because they're too busy trying to keep up instead of learning and growing.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
What a smart Kitten...Is it not the responsibility of the coaching staff to put these players where they can develop?

corner kick
corner kick
It should be...but it's also in the interest of a coach to have a team to coach. If they have to reject players, with the diluted pool, they can end up not having enough to make a team out of anyway. So it's in their interest to take enough to make a team and try to make it competitive.

The same goes for the interest of a club...they want to have teams and numbers...rather than lose the challenge team, they often choose to field one anyway rather than relegate to classic or rec.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
So it's about the money first and the player second?How do you measure success?

corner kick
corner kick
Depends on who you're talking to =). Motivation could be money, your own kid, delusions of grandeur...etc.

I never said it was right, but it does happen.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Let's clear one thing up..These teams do not have a few slower players with the majority being challenge..These are classic teams with two or three that maybe could play challenge..I see no development from this..Just constant frustration because they are not where they need to be..
Poor identification or Show me the money?

corner kick
corner kick
Most likely a combination of both.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I do think that delusions of grandeur play a big part in this..

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard