Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
corner kick
corner kick
I don't really have anything to add...but I noticed that my ticker is at 99 and I want 100 posts. So...yeah.

Anyway. Problems, they exist. Players not developed as they should be. etc.

I should really be finishing my paper.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Welcome to the 100 club..looking forward to seeing you hit a 1000.I probably woun't be around by then..FINISH YOUR PAPER!!

C
Coach
Coach
C
Sounds like me...a good conversation somehow takes precedence over an important paper every time.

I've got good news and bad news...
corner kick
corner kick
Well, really, it was post or continue the internal dialogue over why I'm writing a paper in medical school...I thought I was past that! =(

PS. If I disappear, the CIA or FBI probably picked me up over my topic...

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
C
Coach
Coach
C
Oooh...intrigue! Now I have a good excuse to follow this thread instead of grading papers myself!

I've got good news and bad news...
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
I didn't realize soccer was so bad in the low country and player development so neglible.

I wonder where Bridge and Wando HS and Bishop England etc etc get their players from?

M
bench
bench
M
Bridge gets them from James Island, Charleston United, Summerville, Walterboro, Hilton Head, Goose Creek-a few from MP but not a majority. They are the frustrated few that want to be coached. Check out Wandos Varsity girls team this year-at least 5 will be CESA players. The Fact is MP is not cultivating soccer players. They are not giving them the essential tools it takes for them to be competitive. Their record speaks for them. I want to see more come of Mount Pleasant. The kids deserve to be given the same essential tools that other big clubs are giving their kids. The dollar has won over the kids in this case.

B
goal
goal
B
Quote:

I do think that delusions of grandeur play a big part in this..

CHT, I haven't posted in a while, but I agree with this statement. This plays a bigger part than the masses that have not been or are not members of the volunteer boards would realize.

The other item is the "my child" attitude. If "my childs" needs are being met then obviously it's a good club. If "my childs" needs aren't being met, then obviously it's a bad club that is in it for nothing but the money, and needs to change to satisfy my childs need.

Another attitude that affects the development of the players in the low country is, "I pay for this, therefore, I have a say in how it is done". Even though the majority of parents with children playing have not played...but that is changing.

You know after all, the clubs, exist to be the umbrella organization for all of the individual parent governed teams...or at least many seem to feel that way in the low country.

Bigger issues, and it's easier to point to money hungry coaches, than to self reflect and see how the parents of players have an impact also.

Someone used to rant about social soccer in Columbia, but in the low country I wouldn't necessarily call it social soccer, but it seems everyone desires competitive soccer, provided their child can be at the club that's in their town for the parents convenience.

D
kick off
kick off
D
Great post Bear!

A
throw in
throw in
A
Bear makes some good points about social soccer and parents.

The issue is that MPSC holds themselves up to be a competitive club and the best place for players to develop in the Lowcountry. When you stand in front of consumers(parents) and hold your product out there, you must deliver. The consumer(parent)can vote with their checkbook. Bottom line. There is a great tendency to blame parents, CESA parents aren't complaining, Columbia United parents aren't complaining. These clubs deliver the advertised product. When you pay for a product you have a right to satisfaction. There will always be some who complain, the amount and decibel level of the complaints in Mt. P. should have some take notice.

One of the reasons for the fragmentation in the lowcountry is no one has been able to deliver a competitive program. It's not a matter of convenience but satisfaction with a product, in this case MPSC.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard