Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
goal
goal
B
Arsenal,

I agree to a certain extent with your posts.

Your post however, gets at CHT's point of dillusion, and yes I'm going to make some generalizations here, which definitely are debatable.

MPSC was competitive to a certain extent with St. Giles, GFC, CSC, NECSA, SSC, and James Island. However, MPSC has not been competitive with CESA, CUFC and to a certain extent Bridge FA. To expect MPSC to be able to remain competitive with combined/merged/aligned clubs is unrealistic.

You are right though no "one" has nor do I think no "one" will be able to create a competitive product in the low country when it's compared to CESA and CUFC.

If it's about voting with the checkbook, then cast your vote, and be satisfied with your vote, otherwise, it sounds like other points that I made earlier.

C
Coach
Coach
C
MP...in the interest of avoiding misunderstanding...can I assume you didn't mean to say that none of the list of clubs you mention are providing coaching to their players?

Just clarifying.

I've got good news and bad news...
A
throw in
throw in
A
Bear, agreed about being competitive with CESA, CUFC and The Bridge. Problem being, is that this is who the powers that be at MPSC compare themselves to. Thus setting themselves up for the disillusionment of the parents. Getting back to MP's point about $$. If you want to be able to charge $$ then you have to deliver the product. MPSC is run like a mini-CESA. At least the business model side of CESA, not he results side. The $$ cost in certain eyes don't add up to the result side. Bottom line. Thus the dissatisfaction. It's an individual decision to walk or not. Although more and more have been walking.

D
kick off
kick off
D
Quote:

If it's about voting with the checkbook, then cast your vote, and be satisfied with your vote, otherwise, it sounds like other points that I made earlier.

Great post again Bear.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I really do not believe that coaches are in this strictly to make a buck..With the hours spent and games on the weekend and the smoothing of egos..They don't really make alot..I think they enjoyed the game enough to where they want to coach and if they can make some money at it to..then it's a win/win..I just do not believe that players or teams are put in the correct leagues based on their development..Will this enhance their development? Doubt it.
It just leads to frustration on everyone's part and with eight clubs in a thirty five mile radius the chances of putting players where they belong are slim to none.
What other part of the state has eight clubs in such close proximity? None..I also think that parents would come to realize that it might be a tough pill to swallow but if their kids where not playing UP all the time..they might enjoy the game alot more

R
bench
bench
R
With everyone talking about players and how big clubs are. The people at MPSC must be doing something right to have the size of club that they do currently have. If everyone was not happy I know of 3 or 4 clubs within 10-15 miles of MPSC and they could go play there. But for some reason MPSC fields teams that are CURRENTLY competing well in Challenge leagues with the teams mentioned above. Many of the younger teams u-12, u-13 are also holding there own in Challenge and are playing a year up in Challenge. Might want to check your facts before you make statements about wether they field competitive challenge teams.

MPSC 96 girls # 3 in U-13 Challenge ( In case you cant do the math there playing a year up.)
MPSC 94 boys # 1 in U-14 Challenge
MPSC 93 boys are 2-0-1 in U-15 Challenge
MPSC 90 Boys are #2 in u-18 Challenge

Last edited by reddevilfan; 10/28/08 04:55 PM.
R
bench
bench
R
Also, Many of the lowcountry teams that are currently playing Challenge or R3PL or even Academy with Bridge were once players of MPSC and yes the club developed those players.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Can't take credit for the 90 boys team..They were developed at SSC and Bridge..They followed the coach to MPSC for their last year

R
bench
bench
R
Very true Coldhardtruth but people were talking about the coaching staff at MPSC so that proves they have quality coaches if teams are following our staff.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

I really do not believe that coaches are in this strictly to make a buck..With the hours spent and games on the weekend and the smoothing of egos..They don't really make alot..I think they enjoyed the game enough to where they want to coach and if they can make some money at it to..then it's a win/win..I just do not believe that players or teams are put in the correct leagues based on their development..Will this enhance their development? Doubt it.
It just leads to frustration on everyone's part and with eight clubs in a thirty five mile radius the chances of putting players where they belong are slim to none.
What other part of the state has eight clubs in such close proximity? None..I also think that parents would come to realize that it might be a tough pill to swallow but if their kids where not playing UP all the time..they might enjoy the game alot more

Club density in the Low Country isn't remotely close to what we have here in the Fort mill area. With a population far smaller than yours...we have at least 4 SC clubs (Discoveries, Carolina Select, Lancaster, Upper Palmetto) not to mention the behemoth that is Charlotte soccer in our backyard. There are a ton of York county kids playing at Steele Creek, Charlotte United, Charlotte Soccer Club, South Charlotte....as well as a handful of kids playing at the USSF Academy and a bunch driving to Greenville to play at CESA.

Dilution is a problem here as well.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard