Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
kick off
kick off
D
Quote:

Can't take credit for the 90 boys team..They were developed at SSC and Bridge..They followed the coach to MPSC for their last year

Just playing devils adovcate, you suggesting that the Bridge can not claim success with their teams that are made up of players only recruited to play for BFA?

B
goal
goal
B
Here is the history of the majority of this particular MPSC 90 team, currently playing U18.

SSC Rapids, U12 Challenge State Cup Champions.

SSC Rapids, U13 Challenge, State Cup Semi-Finalist

Charlestowne players joined SSC at U14, and SSC Rapids Blue, SSC Rapids White was the result. Again, SSC Rapids Blue Semi Finalist, SSC Rapids White solid contender.

Bridge FA formed with this group at U15, and essentially with the addition of some MPSC and Coastal players, Bridge 90 Gold and Bridge 90 Red. Bridge 90 Gold State Cup Finalist, Bridge 90 Red, solid contender.

At U16, Bridge 90 Gold, State Cup Semi Finalist, Bridge 90 Red solid contender.

At U17, Bridge Academy formed, Bridge 90 Gold and other players went to the academy, the Bridge 90 Red went back to SSC with some SSC players and played up a year as U18 Challenge.

Now at U18 Bridge Academy still here, and essentially what was the Bridge 90 Red is now the MPSC 90. The old MPSC 90 is now the DISA 90, and the SSC 90 Challenge team is the old SSC 90 Classic team.

Now throughout this saga there are players that went elsewhere, DSC & CESA, and players that went elsewhere and returned.

B
goal
goal
B
reddevil,

If you read CHT's post carefully, the coach they followed was from SSC to MPSC, not MPSC to elsewhere.

Also, the groups that you are talking about, the "younger" ages, typically are not the ones that people talk too much about. There are large differences in what it takes to maintain consistency as the team develops and the players mature. There have been some very good teams at U12 and U13, even U14, that struggle as they get older. As players get older physical attributes tend to level out so then it becomes a more tactical game which requires a level of decision making that only comes with age and "development".

M
bench
bench
M
OK. Obviously you are a coach for Mount Pleasant and hopefully more. These are the facts that you present to us...

MPSC 96 girls # 3 in U-13 Challenge -playing a year up-Two very dominant players on the team that carry it/lots of turmoil between players/parents and coaches. Not enough challenge players on team to carry them for 6.5 more years. No other group that age to pull players from except rec. You set this team up for failure at U13-Go Mount Pleasant!!!

As for the boys 2 challenge teams that MP developed and one that SSC developed that plays for MP.

These are your facts and you are bragging about them.

These are poor achievements and you as a coach should see that.

corner kick
corner kick
Gah, sore spot...I have to jump in here.

I knew the girls on the 96 team before they hit Academy and unless they've suddenly lost all skill and intelligence or the coaching is just that terrible--which I highly doubt--there are more than just two good players on that team. I can name four off the top of my head who, as of a year or more ago, were very smart, good passers, and quick on the ball. Several more had immense potential if developed properly in anticipation of the passing-tactical focus of older age groups.

I can't say anything about team dynamic, but I find it very difficult to believe that the team sucks and only two are "dominant." I am not biased towards MPSC either...and some of you are familiar with my experience with them. But I do find it hard to believe that a group of girls with a lot of potential has suddenly spiraled down into a pit of awfulness.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
M
bench
bench
M
Obviously you miss read my comments on the 96 team. I said they have two very dominant players that carry them. They have other players that are good but two stand out and make the difference. They are a good team but again "Not enough challenge players on team to carry them for 6.5 more years. No other group that age to pull players from except rec."! This is where MP does the kids another disservice. They loose players too soon and do not keep a pool of players to move forward in later years.

corner kick
corner kick
No, I read your comment in its entirety. What I meant was that the potential was for challenge level or better play, depending on coaching and dedication.

Is the whole team top notch challenge, no idea, but I know a good core of it has the ability to play at that level and succeed...where they're at now, if it's playing that low on their potential level...something else is going on, not just lack of talent.

EDIT: Attempt for more eloquence...but aforementioned paper has brain fried...*sigh*

Last edited by adidaskitten86; 10/28/08 09:15 PM.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
For the record..I have always felt that MPSC has done a good job with the young girls teams.

world cup
world cup
Secret for Wando HS Girls success:

Have a decent base of players at U-15 through U-18, playing on competitive MPSC teams, while having a few players at these same age groups playing R3PL for either Bridge, CUFC and/or CESA.

Take care of the good players who want to stay home and don't attempt to stop the top-level (All Region, All State) players who aspire to be challenged at a higher level.

Sounds like a winning formula to me.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
B
goal
goal
B
Quote:

These are poor achievements and you as a coach should see that.

Actually, MP, if you truly understood, these achievements that are being discussed could be very positive and not accurately labeled as poor. You would have to go back to some of the discussion concerning MPSC not joining Bridge. The organizers at MPSC, rightfully or wrongfully, put their focus on developing their academy and subsequently the academy age players, rather than taking a route which would have lead to a more consolidated approach with Bridge. The more consolidated approach with Bridge would have been at the older ages, not the academy ages. But, like I said earlier, these ages aren't normally talked about very much, but it is the foundation of the older ages.

So while MPSC appears to currently be struggling with the older ages, which by the way tend to have the more vocal parents, when the "my child" attitude, and parental convenience kicks in, they appear to be doing something right with the younger ages. As I said in one of the aforementioned earlier threads, only time will tell if MPSC made the correct decision to avoid the consolidation with Bridge, and focus on the younger ages, with an eye toward the future of MPSC. But the cited, in your opinion, poor results, seem to indicate it's working.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard