Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
bench
bench
R
MPSOCCER, Maybe I am coach but where does not matter to this situation. I know one thing if my name was MPSOCCERFAN i would not be bashing or talking against a club that obviously your name states your a fan of. Like I have mentioned earlier in my posts I am an outsider looking into the lowcountry soccer scene.

Last edited by reddevilfan; 10/29/08 02:51 AM.
S
bench
bench
S
Quote:

But for some reason MPSC fields teams that are CURRENTLY competing well in Challenge leagues with the teams mentioned above. Many of the younger teams u-12, u-13 are also holding there own in Challenge and are playing a year up in Challenge. Might want to check your facts before you make statements about wether they field competitive challenge teams.

MPSC 96 girls # 3 in U-13 Challenge ( In case you cant do the math there playing a year up.)
MPSC 94 boys # 1 in U-14 Challenge
MPSC 93 boys are 2-0-1 in U-15 Challenge
MPSC 90 Boys are #2 in u-18 Challenge

So, why are there no MPSC U15 and up Challenge girl teams? Could it be that the challenge players have moved on to greener pastures because MPSC does not support their needs?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Good question..I think for teams that are homegrown that have success early on run into trouble with what I will call true challenge teams..What I mean is there are teams that have those four,five or six strong players and their teammates are taught to support these players in order to win.When these teams play true challenge teams they have little success because all the players are not fundamentally sound.Thus the players move on to other teams looking for that same success they had earlier on

A
throw in
throw in
A
We are 7 pages into this thread. Nobody has been able to articulate what the MPSC philosophy is. That in itself may be part of the problem.
Most successful organizations have a mission statement which clearly lays out the goals and philosophy of the organization. I think if you asked MPSC coaches, players and parents you would get all kinds of different answers on the mission statement of the club.

corner kick
corner kick
After approximately three minutes of research:

MPSC Online Academy Mission Policy
The ages of 8-12 are often referred to as the “Golden years of Development”. That is why it so important for us to place each child in the appropriate environment for their individual success. The education of the players is truly our top priority.

And the overhead "mission" on the Our Club page
MPSC encompasses players from ages 5 to 18. We offer programs for every player at every level from recreational to elite. MPSC is dedicated to player development at every level. We seek to provide an enjoyable experience for every player while offering them the opportunity to become the best player possible. There are several different options within each age group.

And just for comparison, here's what I cobbled off of CESA's Select Page--if anyone has an actual Mission from them, that works better:
CESA’s competitive program is a wide-ranging program designed to meet the needs of players that desire a more challenging playing environment than that provided by our recreation program. There is one primary goal associated with our competitive program: to enable each of our players to achieve her or his individual goals with respect to soccer. Since we service a wide range of players in our competitive program, this means that we must offer a number of different levels of competitive play.
In keeping with our primary goal of enabling each of our players to achieve her or his individual goals with respect to soccer, it is the goal of our Premier teams to be highly competitive in Region III play and to win regional and national championships.

Not very clear on either hand until you get to the CESA statement about "we want to win" in Premiere League. I know there's a club somewhere in the midwest that's named after a person...it had the most clear mission statement I've ever seen, but I can't seen to find who it was, so oh well.

EDIT: The three minutes thing isn't supposed to be condescending...it's supposed to mean that I spent no time on actually trying to find anything of substance, lol, not that "wow, you should have found something."

Last edited by adidaskitten86; 10/29/08 05:57 PM.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
H
brace
brace
H
is sc as a state winning reginal or national championships?

is sc as a state being highly competitive in region III play?

is sc as a state accomplishing any of this? the last i looked sc as a whole was about 17-60-10(a educated guess) in region play as a state.

i dont think any of the first two apply to any club in sc with the exception of maybe 1 team.

A
throw in
throw in
A
Kind of vanilla...

S
bench
bench
S

I know there's a club somewhere in the midwest that's named after a person...it had the most clear mission statement I've ever seen, but I can't seen to find who it was, so oh well.

That is Probably Scott Gallagher in St. Louis

B
throw in
throw in
B
Going into the final week of R3PLE play.
CESA 92 team in 1st place. Win the region with a tie and a win.
CUFC 91 wins the region with a tie and a win. CESA 91 still in the fight for the region championship.
Discovery 90 controls it's destiny. Wins the region with two wins. CESA 90 still has a mathematical chance also.

Five SC teams fighting for Premier League championships.
Combined record in Premier League play for the 5 teams mentioned is 22-3-5. On the girl's side, CESA 93's ended second in the league. The 92's and 90's were also competitive.

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Been Around (Too), I am assuming you are responding to Big Daddy's comment ...

But, as great as it is to see certain teams doing VERY well, as a State SC still has a long way to go!!

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard