Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#109970 10/25/08 02:26 AM
S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
Dudicated just had two games cancelled for Saturday at Patriot's Point in Mt. Pleasant. I wonder what conspiracy theory will be presented this weekend and can it go on for 19 pages. Remember the old saying " It's not nice to fool with Mother Nature"

C
Coach
Coach
C
Hah...just noticed it was a double-header against MPSC and my club's U13 team...doubtless we're all in it together.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
It's fixed!!! Medicated will never play at MPSC again..I think we should have congressional hearings on this matter before the 16 pages begin..SSC games are cancelled as well..

C
Coach
Coach
C
Oh, my gosh...SSC has become a part of this travesty as well? Well, there go all my local fields...think I'll just cancel the rest of our season.

M
bench
bench
M
The fact of the matter is...it could be sprinkling, raining or have rained within a couple days and MP shuts down the fields. This happened to be a good call on their part. MP Soccer has a long way to go before becoming a reputable club/fields or no fields. No bragging rights on many teams u14 and up yet they have over 5000 kids in the program. Now they have an immature kid in charge of the academy program. This will fail because he doesn't have the foresight, maturity, intelligence or the knowledge to make it work. I see big changes with it!

corner kick
corner kick
The conspiracy has spread!

Soon, not even Columbia will be safe from it.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
C
Coach
Coach
C
Columbia may be the mastermind behind it all; it could be a plot to discredit the coastal clubs and facilities, force more games and tournaments to be played in the Columbia area, and consolidate Columbia's power as a center of all things soccer so they can compete with the CESA giant in the Upstate.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I think we are on to something here..They take our club dues..make us buy their pretty uniforms and then cancel our games..Due to weather? a conspiracy I say.All we need now is the smoking man who leaves little clues behind like the X files..What's that I hear? A knock at the door..

corner kick
corner kick
Come to think of it...I DID smell some mysterious cigarette smoke the last time I was out at Patriots....

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

The fact of the matter is...it could be sprinkling, raining or have rained within a couple days and MP shuts down the fields. This happened to be a good call on their part. MP Soccer has a long way to go before becoming a reputable club/fields or no fields. No bragging rights on many teams u14 and up yet they have over 5000 kids in the program. Now they have an immature kid in charge of the academy program. This will fail because he doesn't have the foresight, maturity, intelligence or the knowledge to make it work. I see big changes with it!

Welcome to the boards, mpsoccerfan! I am a little confused by your name though, as it IMPLIES you are a fan of Mt. Pleasant soccer. Judging by your first post, that obviously does not appear to be the case. I must have incorrectly assumed that the MP in your name implies Mt. Pleasant.......

As for your comment, "Now they have an immature kid in charge of the academy program", I disagree completely. Nothing like coming out of the gate and personally attacking someone. Thanks also for your confidence in the program that "this will fail". Wait.........your negativity sounds familiar........any chance you and "Dadicated" are buddies? Suggestion: You might want to consider changing your name so that others don't incorrectly assume, as I did, that you actually are a fan of Mt. Pleasant soccer......

corner kick
corner kick
Just a note...you can be a fan of something without liking every single aspect of it. You shouldn't be blatantly attacking anyone, but you can dislike aspects of it.

M
bench
bench
M
Don't know who dadicated is and am a fan of all the MP soccer players. Not impressed with the club that my town offers to my children as well as surrounding area children. Yes, take a poll on the sidelines and see who is impressed with the academy director. Not many! He can't even coach his own U11 team how is he suppose to direct the whole academy. Notice that he is on his cell phone while coaching! Players and teams are leaving the Academy and going to other clubs because of the leadership. JA leaving was only the tip of the iceburg. Mount Pleasant needs more changes!

A
throw in
throw in
A
Unfortunately mpsoccerfan is spot on with his observations.
The kids there do deserve better.

D
kick off
kick off
D
mpsoccerfan/ arsenal2 I doubt that a majority share your beliefs. Regardless as with any conflict I suggest going to the source.

R
bench
bench
R
I totally agree with DcSoccer, there are too many people on this board and in youth soccer who have issues that do not bring them to the attention of the correct people. They like to sit on message boards and vent there concerns to people who can not change or make a difference. Also it is very cowardly to do so, if you have problems please voice your conerns to those people. I know some of the people who have been mentioned on these boards and they are more then willing to sit down and listen to your concerns.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
How do you know that they have not brought their issues to the correct people? It's kind of a bold statement to call someone a coward when you do not know if they have brought their concerns foward or not

A
throw in
throw in
A
redevil and Dcsoccer, maybe people are venting here on this board because they have been to the "correct" people and are very frustrated with the process or complete lack of any concrete results. I think if you went around and spoke to parents of children in the academy you would find a surprisingly high level of frustration, have you spoken to parents of children in the academy ? Do you have any firsthand experience with the academy ? Have you had a child in the academy ? You may have, I don't know.

It's easy to call someone a coward without knowing the complete story. It is exactly the kind of thing you are accusing mpsoccerfan and I of participating in. Redevil, these people you know are willing to sit down and listen, this is true, but listen is all they do.
Nothing that has been written on this forum is anything that has not been said out loud, over and over. There are parents who got tired of going to the "correct" people. They started taking their concerns directly to the Town of Mt. P.and not just the Rec Dept. This isn't a problem of a few "cowardly" people on a forum board.

M
bench
bench
M
I have had a child in the Academy with Mount Pleasant. In fact, I have spoken to the new Academy Director (MP) and he Yes Sir'd me until he was out of breath. He also became very frustrated when asked questions. And yes, if you ask any one on the side lines if they are happy with the Academy I would bet over 50% are unhappy with either the leadership of the Academy or the coaching. Again, will someone tell me why out of 5000 children they can't produce "true" challenge teams at every age group. I can think of a couple boys teams and a couple girls teams. That's it? Also, what is the 3rd night training in the academy for? Is it producing any results?...or is it lining some particular coaches pockets. Lets get real here and demand some real answers. The kids of Mount Pleasant deserve the chance to be trained and coached properly so that one day they can play at high level soccer if they choose in their backyard not CESA's backyard! I would like to see MP get on this site and give some real answers but then again he my be held accountable for them.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
It's my belief that many in the lowcountry has been short changed when it comes to the development of soccer players..

corner kick
corner kick
There are problems on so many levels with Lowcountry soccer that it will probably take many years before, if, anything is sorted out. From dilution of player pools across clubs to club management to handling of coaches to philosophies, it's all affecting the players here. It makes me sad to think of how many of them are missing out on the experiences I was able to have growing up.

I could write pages on my experiences with MPSC as a coach, but the point is fairly moot as I don't have time to coach anymore anyway. Instead, I wax nostalgic and keep up with the girls I was honoured to coach who, despite the problems, have managed to help create one of the more, or most, successful girls' Academy teams there.

Last edited by adidaskitten86; 10/27/08 10:54 PM.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Let's stop the figure of 5000 kids at MPSC. A kid that plays as a two season player (Fall and Spring) is counted by the Rec. Dept. as two.

Let's not start another post about how inept MPSC is....it's a well-known fact by those all over the state. A recreation-run program is just that so people shouldn't expect more.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
You forgot one..Player identification..How frustrating it must be for a parent and player to field teams that have little to no success in the challenge league..Did the soccer professional identify these players as challenge material? Or the player or parent can not live with the idea that they may have more success at the classic level but refuse to accept the fact that they are not challenge material..I am talking age groups 15 and up
What I have been watching are under developed teams struggling to compete and the games are just down right ugly with constant fouls and frustration on everyone's part.
Is this what the player/parent signed up for?
I thought it was competitve soccer they signed up for no matter what level of play..But I am not seeing it

Last edited by coldhardtruth; 10/27/08 11:15 PM.
corner kick
corner kick
I think part of that goes along with dilution of the player pool...instead of getting solid teams in each age group in one place, you get a hodge podge of players everywhere and you end up cobbling together a team that just can't quite compete where it needs to in the league. The good kids then don't get the recognition they deserve and the less skilled kids don't get the development they need because they're too busy trying to keep up instead of learning and growing.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
What a smart Kitten...Is it not the responsibility of the coaching staff to put these players where they can develop?

corner kick
corner kick
It should be...but it's also in the interest of a coach to have a team to coach. If they have to reject players, with the diluted pool, they can end up not having enough to make a team out of anyway. So it's in their interest to take enough to make a team and try to make it competitive.

The same goes for the interest of a club...they want to have teams and numbers...rather than lose the challenge team, they often choose to field one anyway rather than relegate to classic or rec.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
So it's about the money first and the player second?How do you measure success?

corner kick
corner kick
Depends on who you're talking to =). Motivation could be money, your own kid, delusions of grandeur...etc.

I never said it was right, but it does happen.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Let's clear one thing up..These teams do not have a few slower players with the majority being challenge..These are classic teams with two or three that maybe could play challenge..I see no development from this..Just constant frustration because they are not where they need to be..
Poor identification or Show me the money?

corner kick
corner kick
Most likely a combination of both.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I do think that delusions of grandeur play a big part in this..

corner kick
corner kick
I don't really have anything to add...but I noticed that my ticker is at 99 and I want 100 posts. So...yeah.

Anyway. Problems, they exist. Players not developed as they should be. etc.

I should really be finishing my paper.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Welcome to the 100 club..looking forward to seeing you hit a 1000.I probably woun't be around by then..FINISH YOUR PAPER!!

C
Coach
Coach
C
Sounds like me...a good conversation somehow takes precedence over an important paper every time.

corner kick
corner kick
Well, really, it was post or continue the internal dialogue over why I'm writing a paper in medical school...I thought I was past that! =(

PS. If I disappear, the CIA or FBI probably picked me up over my topic...

C
Coach
Coach
C
Oooh...intrigue! Now I have a good excuse to follow this thread instead of grading papers myself!

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
I didn't realize soccer was so bad in the low country and player development so neglible.

I wonder where Bridge and Wando HS and Bishop England etc etc get their players from?

M
bench
bench
M
Bridge gets them from James Island, Charleston United, Summerville, Walterboro, Hilton Head, Goose Creek-a few from MP but not a majority. They are the frustrated few that want to be coached. Check out Wandos Varsity girls team this year-at least 5 will be CESA players. The Fact is MP is not cultivating soccer players. They are not giving them the essential tools it takes for them to be competitive. Their record speaks for them. I want to see more come of Mount Pleasant. The kids deserve to be given the same essential tools that other big clubs are giving their kids. The dollar has won over the kids in this case.

B
goal
goal
B
Quote:

I do think that delusions of grandeur play a big part in this..

CHT, I haven't posted in a while, but I agree with this statement. This plays a bigger part than the masses that have not been or are not members of the volunteer boards would realize.

The other item is the "my child" attitude. If "my childs" needs are being met then obviously it's a good club. If "my childs" needs aren't being met, then obviously it's a bad club that is in it for nothing but the money, and needs to change to satisfy my childs need.

Another attitude that affects the development of the players in the low country is, "I pay for this, therefore, I have a say in how it is done". Even though the majority of parents with children playing have not played...but that is changing.

You know after all, the clubs, exist to be the umbrella organization for all of the individual parent governed teams...or at least many seem to feel that way in the low country.

Bigger issues, and it's easier to point to money hungry coaches, than to self reflect and see how the parents of players have an impact also.

Someone used to rant about social soccer in Columbia, but in the low country I wouldn't necessarily call it social soccer, but it seems everyone desires competitive soccer, provided their child can be at the club that's in their town for the parents convenience.

D
kick off
kick off
D
Great post Bear!

A
throw in
throw in
A
Bear makes some good points about social soccer and parents.

The issue is that MPSC holds themselves up to be a competitive club and the best place for players to develop in the Lowcountry. When you stand in front of consumers(parents) and hold your product out there, you must deliver. The consumer(parent)can vote with their checkbook. Bottom line. There is a great tendency to blame parents, CESA parents aren't complaining, Columbia United parents aren't complaining. These clubs deliver the advertised product. When you pay for a product you have a right to satisfaction. There will always be some who complain, the amount and decibel level of the complaints in Mt. P. should have some take notice.

One of the reasons for the fragmentation in the lowcountry is no one has been able to deliver a competitive program. It's not a matter of convenience but satisfaction with a product, in this case MPSC.

B
goal
goal
B
Arsenal,

I agree to a certain extent with your posts.

Your post however, gets at CHT's point of dillusion, and yes I'm going to make some generalizations here, which definitely are debatable.

MPSC was competitive to a certain extent with St. Giles, GFC, CSC, NECSA, SSC, and James Island. However, MPSC has not been competitive with CESA, CUFC and to a certain extent Bridge FA. To expect MPSC to be able to remain competitive with combined/merged/aligned clubs is unrealistic.

You are right though no "one" has nor do I think no "one" will be able to create a competitive product in the low country when it's compared to CESA and CUFC.

If it's about voting with the checkbook, then cast your vote, and be satisfied with your vote, otherwise, it sounds like other points that I made earlier.

C
Coach
Coach
C
MP...in the interest of avoiding misunderstanding...can I assume you didn't mean to say that none of the list of clubs you mention are providing coaching to their players?

Just clarifying.

A
throw in
throw in
A
Bear, agreed about being competitive with CESA, CUFC and The Bridge. Problem being, is that this is who the powers that be at MPSC compare themselves to. Thus setting themselves up for the disillusionment of the parents. Getting back to MP's point about $$. If you want to be able to charge $$ then you have to deliver the product. MPSC is run like a mini-CESA. At least the business model side of CESA, not he results side. The $$ cost in certain eyes don't add up to the result side. Bottom line. Thus the dissatisfaction. It's an individual decision to walk or not. Although more and more have been walking.

D
kick off
kick off
D
Quote:

If it's about voting with the checkbook, then cast your vote, and be satisfied with your vote, otherwise, it sounds like other points that I made earlier.

Great post again Bear.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I really do not believe that coaches are in this strictly to make a buck..With the hours spent and games on the weekend and the smoothing of egos..They don't really make alot..I think they enjoyed the game enough to where they want to coach and if they can make some money at it to..then it's a win/win..I just do not believe that players or teams are put in the correct leagues based on their development..Will this enhance their development? Doubt it.
It just leads to frustration on everyone's part and with eight clubs in a thirty five mile radius the chances of putting players where they belong are slim to none.
What other part of the state has eight clubs in such close proximity? None..I also think that parents would come to realize that it might be a tough pill to swallow but if their kids where not playing UP all the time..they might enjoy the game alot more

R
bench
bench
R
With everyone talking about players and how big clubs are. The people at MPSC must be doing something right to have the size of club that they do currently have. If everyone was not happy I know of 3 or 4 clubs within 10-15 miles of MPSC and they could go play there. But for some reason MPSC fields teams that are CURRENTLY competing well in Challenge leagues with the teams mentioned above. Many of the younger teams u-12, u-13 are also holding there own in Challenge and are playing a year up in Challenge. Might want to check your facts before you make statements about wether they field competitive challenge teams.

MPSC 96 girls # 3 in U-13 Challenge ( In case you cant do the math there playing a year up.)
MPSC 94 boys # 1 in U-14 Challenge
MPSC 93 boys are 2-0-1 in U-15 Challenge
MPSC 90 Boys are #2 in u-18 Challenge

Last edited by reddevilfan; 10/28/08 04:55 PM.
R
bench
bench
R
Also, Many of the lowcountry teams that are currently playing Challenge or R3PL or even Academy with Bridge were once players of MPSC and yes the club developed those players.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Can't take credit for the 90 boys team..They were developed at SSC and Bridge..They followed the coach to MPSC for their last year

R
bench
bench
R
Very true Coldhardtruth but people were talking about the coaching staff at MPSC so that proves they have quality coaches if teams are following our staff.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

I really do not believe that coaches are in this strictly to make a buck..With the hours spent and games on the weekend and the smoothing of egos..They don't really make alot..I think they enjoyed the game enough to where they want to coach and if they can make some money at it to..then it's a win/win..I just do not believe that players or teams are put in the correct leagues based on their development..Will this enhance their development? Doubt it.
It just leads to frustration on everyone's part and with eight clubs in a thirty five mile radius the chances of putting players where they belong are slim to none.
What other part of the state has eight clubs in such close proximity? None..I also think that parents would come to realize that it might be a tough pill to swallow but if their kids where not playing UP all the time..they might enjoy the game alot more

Club density in the Low Country isn't remotely close to what we have here in the Fort mill area. With a population far smaller than yours...we have at least 4 SC clubs (Discoveries, Carolina Select, Lancaster, Upper Palmetto) not to mention the behemoth that is Charlotte soccer in our backyard. There are a ton of York county kids playing at Steele Creek, Charlotte United, Charlotte Soccer Club, South Charlotte....as well as a handful of kids playing at the USSF Academy and a bunch driving to Greenville to play at CESA.

Dilution is a problem here as well.

D
kick off
kick off
D
Quote:

Can't take credit for the 90 boys team..They were developed at SSC and Bridge..They followed the coach to MPSC for their last year

Just playing devils adovcate, you suggesting that the Bridge can not claim success with their teams that are made up of players only recruited to play for BFA?

B
goal
goal
B
Here is the history of the majority of this particular MPSC 90 team, currently playing U18.

SSC Rapids, U12 Challenge State Cup Champions.

SSC Rapids, U13 Challenge, State Cup Semi-Finalist

Charlestowne players joined SSC at U14, and SSC Rapids Blue, SSC Rapids White was the result. Again, SSC Rapids Blue Semi Finalist, SSC Rapids White solid contender.

Bridge FA formed with this group at U15, and essentially with the addition of some MPSC and Coastal players, Bridge 90 Gold and Bridge 90 Red. Bridge 90 Gold State Cup Finalist, Bridge 90 Red, solid contender.

At U16, Bridge 90 Gold, State Cup Semi Finalist, Bridge 90 Red solid contender.

At U17, Bridge Academy formed, Bridge 90 Gold and other players went to the academy, the Bridge 90 Red went back to SSC with some SSC players and played up a year as U18 Challenge.

Now at U18 Bridge Academy still here, and essentially what was the Bridge 90 Red is now the MPSC 90. The old MPSC 90 is now the DISA 90, and the SSC 90 Challenge team is the old SSC 90 Classic team.

Now throughout this saga there are players that went elsewhere, DSC & CESA, and players that went elsewhere and returned.

B
goal
goal
B
reddevil,

If you read CHT's post carefully, the coach they followed was from SSC to MPSC, not MPSC to elsewhere.

Also, the groups that you are talking about, the "younger" ages, typically are not the ones that people talk too much about. There are large differences in what it takes to maintain consistency as the team develops and the players mature. There have been some very good teams at U12 and U13, even U14, that struggle as they get older. As players get older physical attributes tend to level out so then it becomes a more tactical game which requires a level of decision making that only comes with age and "development".

M
bench
bench
M
OK. Obviously you are a coach for Mount Pleasant and hopefully more. These are the facts that you present to us...

MPSC 96 girls # 3 in U-13 Challenge -playing a year up-Two very dominant players on the team that carry it/lots of turmoil between players/parents and coaches. Not enough challenge players on team to carry them for 6.5 more years. No other group that age to pull players from except rec. You set this team up for failure at U13-Go Mount Pleasant!!!

As for the boys 2 challenge teams that MP developed and one that SSC developed that plays for MP.

These are your facts and you are bragging about them.

These are poor achievements and you as a coach should see that.

corner kick
corner kick
Gah, sore spot...I have to jump in here.

I knew the girls on the 96 team before they hit Academy and unless they've suddenly lost all skill and intelligence or the coaching is just that terrible--which I highly doubt--there are more than just two good players on that team. I can name four off the top of my head who, as of a year or more ago, were very smart, good passers, and quick on the ball. Several more had immense potential if developed properly in anticipation of the passing-tactical focus of older age groups.

I can't say anything about team dynamic, but I find it very difficult to believe that the team sucks and only two are "dominant." I am not biased towards MPSC either...and some of you are familiar with my experience with them. But I do find it hard to believe that a group of girls with a lot of potential has suddenly spiraled down into a pit of awfulness.

M
bench
bench
M
Obviously you miss read my comments on the 96 team. I said they have two very dominant players that carry them. They have other players that are good but two stand out and make the difference. They are a good team but again "Not enough challenge players on team to carry them for 6.5 more years. No other group that age to pull players from except rec."! This is where MP does the kids another disservice. They loose players too soon and do not keep a pool of players to move forward in later years.

corner kick
corner kick
No, I read your comment in its entirety. What I meant was that the potential was for challenge level or better play, depending on coaching and dedication.

Is the whole team top notch challenge, no idea, but I know a good core of it has the ability to play at that level and succeed...where they're at now, if it's playing that low on their potential level...something else is going on, not just lack of talent.

EDIT: Attempt for more eloquence...but aforementioned paper has brain fried...*sigh*

Last edited by adidaskitten86; 10/28/08 09:15 PM.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
For the record..I have always felt that MPSC has done a good job with the young girls teams.

world cup
world cup
Secret for Wando HS Girls success:

Have a decent base of players at U-15 through U-18, playing on competitive MPSC teams, while having a few players at these same age groups playing R3PL for either Bridge, CUFC and/or CESA.

Take care of the good players who want to stay home and don't attempt to stop the top-level (All Region, All State) players who aspire to be challenged at a higher level.

Sounds like a winning formula to me.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
B
goal
goal
B
Quote:

These are poor achievements and you as a coach should see that.

Actually, MP, if you truly understood, these achievements that are being discussed could be very positive and not accurately labeled as poor. You would have to go back to some of the discussion concerning MPSC not joining Bridge. The organizers at MPSC, rightfully or wrongfully, put their focus on developing their academy and subsequently the academy age players, rather than taking a route which would have lead to a more consolidated approach with Bridge. The more consolidated approach with Bridge would have been at the older ages, not the academy ages. But, like I said earlier, these ages aren't normally talked about very much, but it is the foundation of the older ages.

So while MPSC appears to currently be struggling with the older ages, which by the way tend to have the more vocal parents, when the "my child" attitude, and parental convenience kicks in, they appear to be doing something right with the younger ages. As I said in one of the aforementioned earlier threads, only time will tell if MPSC made the correct decision to avoid the consolidation with Bridge, and focus on the younger ages, with an eye toward the future of MPSC. But the cited, in your opinion, poor results, seem to indicate it's working.

R
bench
bench
R
MPSOCCER, Maybe I am coach but where does not matter to this situation. I know one thing if my name was MPSOCCERFAN i would not be bashing or talking against a club that obviously your name states your a fan of. Like I have mentioned earlier in my posts I am an outsider looking into the lowcountry soccer scene.

Last edited by reddevilfan; 10/29/08 02:51 AM.
S
bench
bench
S
Quote:

But for some reason MPSC fields teams that are CURRENTLY competing well in Challenge leagues with the teams mentioned above. Many of the younger teams u-12, u-13 are also holding there own in Challenge and are playing a year up in Challenge. Might want to check your facts before you make statements about wether they field competitive challenge teams.

MPSC 96 girls # 3 in U-13 Challenge ( In case you cant do the math there playing a year up.)
MPSC 94 boys # 1 in U-14 Challenge
MPSC 93 boys are 2-0-1 in U-15 Challenge
MPSC 90 Boys are #2 in u-18 Challenge

So, why are there no MPSC U15 and up Challenge girl teams? Could it be that the challenge players have moved on to greener pastures because MPSC does not support their needs?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Good question..I think for teams that are homegrown that have success early on run into trouble with what I will call true challenge teams..What I mean is there are teams that have those four,five or six strong players and their teammates are taught to support these players in order to win.When these teams play true challenge teams they have little success because all the players are not fundamentally sound.Thus the players move on to other teams looking for that same success they had earlier on

A
throw in
throw in
A
We are 7 pages into this thread. Nobody has been able to articulate what the MPSC philosophy is. That in itself may be part of the problem.
Most successful organizations have a mission statement which clearly lays out the goals and philosophy of the organization. I think if you asked MPSC coaches, players and parents you would get all kinds of different answers on the mission statement of the club.

corner kick
corner kick
After approximately three minutes of research:

MPSC Online Academy Mission Policy
The ages of 8-12 are often referred to as the “Golden years of Development”. That is why it so important for us to place each child in the appropriate environment for their individual success. The education of the players is truly our top priority.

And the overhead "mission" on the Our Club page
MPSC encompasses players from ages 5 to 18. We offer programs for every player at every level from recreational to elite. MPSC is dedicated to player development at every level. We seek to provide an enjoyable experience for every player while offering them the opportunity to become the best player possible. There are several different options within each age group.

And just for comparison, here's what I cobbled off of CESA's Select Page--if anyone has an actual Mission from them, that works better:
CESA’s competitive program is a wide-ranging program designed to meet the needs of players that desire a more challenging playing environment than that provided by our recreation program. There is one primary goal associated with our competitive program: to enable each of our players to achieve her or his individual goals with respect to soccer. Since we service a wide range of players in our competitive program, this means that we must offer a number of different levels of competitive play.
In keeping with our primary goal of enabling each of our players to achieve her or his individual goals with respect to soccer, it is the goal of our Premier teams to be highly competitive in Region III play and to win regional and national championships.

Not very clear on either hand until you get to the CESA statement about "we want to win" in Premiere League. I know there's a club somewhere in the midwest that's named after a person...it had the most clear mission statement I've ever seen, but I can't seen to find who it was, so oh well.

EDIT: The three minutes thing isn't supposed to be condescending...it's supposed to mean that I spent no time on actually trying to find anything of substance, lol, not that "wow, you should have found something."

Last edited by adidaskitten86; 10/29/08 05:57 PM.

H
brace
brace
H
is sc as a state winning reginal or national championships?

is sc as a state being highly competitive in region III play?

is sc as a state accomplishing any of this? the last i looked sc as a whole was about 17-60-10(a educated guess) in region play as a state.

i dont think any of the first two apply to any club in sc with the exception of maybe 1 team.

A
throw in
throw in
A
Kind of vanilla...

S
bench
bench
S

I know there's a club somewhere in the midwest that's named after a person...it had the most clear mission statement I've ever seen, but I can't seen to find who it was, so oh well.

That is Probably Scott Gallagher in St. Louis

B
throw in
throw in
B
Going into the final week of R3PLE play.
CESA 92 team in 1st place. Win the region with a tie and a win.
CUFC 91 wins the region with a tie and a win. CESA 91 still in the fight for the region championship.
Discovery 90 controls it's destiny. Wins the region with two wins. CESA 90 still has a mathematical chance also.

Five SC teams fighting for Premier League championships.
Combined record in Premier League play for the 5 teams mentioned is 22-3-5. On the girl's side, CESA 93's ended second in the league. The 92's and 90's were also competitive.

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Been Around (Too), I am assuming you are responding to Big Daddy's comment ...

But, as great as it is to see certain teams doing VERY well, as a State SC still has a long way to go!!

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

B
goal
goal
B
What is your baseline and your benchmark? You can't be wrong if you don't actually establish your position. Of course you can't effectively support it either.

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Bear, given your terminology you are obviously smarter than me, but I will do my best to answer your challenge:

And yes I realize this is rather simple, and perhaps not detailed enough for you, but take the top five teams from GA, NC and SC at every age group, have everyone play one another and what do you get?

Or perhaps I should just direct you towards Big Daddy's previous post that alludes to the record of ALL SC teams in RIII ....

world cup
world cup
Congrats to the CESA 93 Premier girls.

Great season.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Bear, given your terminology you are obviously smarter than me, but I will do my best to answer your challenge:

And yes I realize this is rather simple, and perhaps not detailed enough for you, but take the top five teams from GA, NC and SC at every age group, have everyone play one another and what do you get?

Or perhaps I should just direct you towards Big Daddy's previous post that alludes to the record of ALL SC teams in RIII ....

I think you're mistaking Big Daddy with Marcus Aurelius. Which if you knew us.......heh heh, doubtful you would do so.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

I think you're mistaking Big Daddy with Marcus Aurelius. Which if you knew us.......heh heh, doubtful you would do so.

your southern accent may have fooled him

my post was about the girls side only

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Here are the numbers for CESA. This does not include their challenge teams playing in the Premier League.

Girls record is 16-23-5. Boys record is 15-6-5. Combined record for CESA is 31-29-10.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Keep in mind on the boys side the effect of the Academy. Many (not all) of the top teams/players aren't in R3 anymore from u15 on....

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
True.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Here are the numbers for CESA. This does not include their challenge teams playing in the Premier League.

Girls record is 16-23-5. Boys record is 15-6-5. Combined record for CESA is 31-29-10.

i counted all sc girls teams in the region III league. if they are in the league their record was counted.

H
brace
brace
H
here is the break down of sc girls teams in rpl 3 league.

cesa
16-33-5

cufc
4-28-1

bridge
1-9-1

21-70-7 as a state.
loc dog if we are not going to count every teams record then they should not be in the league.

there were nine sc teams in the league this year. four of those teams had 19 of the wins. one team had 8 of those.3 teams had 0 wins and two teams had 1 each.

Last edited by Marcus Aurelius; 11/04/08 08:42 PM.
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
MA,
I think I posted that I did not include CESA's challenge teams, but if you want to highlight the fact that CESA's second team did not win a game that's great. I do think it is unfair to try and compare CESA's second team with the first teams of Fl, Ga, and NC, but again if that's good for you I'm cool too. I was looking at a more apples to apples comparison. Hey, let's not forget that that CESA has a boys team that has not won a game either.

H
brace
brace
H
loc dog, it was not to bring attention to the fact that a cesa challenge team did not win a game.if that was the case then i would have to state that the cesa u-17 girls team also did not win a game.if we were going to look at wins and loses of the region teams then every team in region play should be counted.challenge or not.if they are in region then i assume they are one of the two best teams in the state.so if you are comparing apples to apples as you said, then all teams in region play should be in that comparison.
north carolina teams are 50-27-22 for the year.bigger state but all but 1 of their region teams come from two clubs.

Last edited by Marcus Aurelius; 11/05/08 02:01 PM.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Where is this thread going? Are we trying to establish a benchmark or baseline for teams competing in region? I think SC is slowly gaining ground compared to years past but we still have a way to go..

H
brace
brace
H
sorry,
north carolina is 59-28-23

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I guess we can use the other states records to see where we stand but It's not going to give us the answer we want..Our benchmark should be set within our state first..We should set our goals high and work to compete with the other states but we have to make soccer better here first

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

I guess we can use the other states records to see where we stand but It's not going to give us the answer we want..Our benchmark should be set within our state first..We should set our goals high and work to compete with the other states but we have to make soccer better here first

i agree. the records were to show that.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard