Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#110109 10/29/08 08:07 PM
M
MUFC Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
M
If you are looking for a good preseason tournament for your team in the Spring, check out the Matthews Invitational in Matthews, NC (SE Charlotte area). Should have a good mix of NC, SC and GA teams this year. Good low-cost, competitive tournament. More info at http://www.meckunionfc.com .

Fees:
U09/U10 - $375
U11/U12 - $425
U13-U18 - $450 (u15-u18 boys only)

world cup
world cup
Home of the best draining fields in the Carolinas!

You will not get rained out!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
M
MUFC Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
M
Quote:

Home of the best draining fields in the Carolinas!

You will not get rained out!

You sir are correct! We are also adding Wingate University as a field location this year. Should be a good turnout. Come on and register at http://www.meckunionfc.com

M
MUFC Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
M
bump

M
MUFC Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
M
Application deadline is Jan 12th.

More information at http://www.meckunionfc.com/Tournaments/index_E.html

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
I think Daniel Island Soccer Academy is bringing their teams.

Last edited by Fireant; 11/19/08 05:33 PM.
M
MUFC Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
M
Quote:

I think Daniel Island Soccer Academy is bringing their teams.

That is correct. Would love to others from the SC area competing with teams from NC and GA. We have traveled to a few tourneys in SC over the years and always enjoy the cross-Carolina games.

L
throw in
throw in
L
James Island 98 Luna-Chicks (u-10G) will be deciding on tournaments soon. The choice for February is now between yours on the 14th and Concord fire on the 28th.

Give me a sales pitch...

Coach
98 Luna-Chicks
http://www.soccerincollege.com/team.aspx?id=SCF99001

M
MUFC Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
M
Quote:

James Island 98 Luna-Chicks (u-10G) will be deciding on tournaments soon. The choice for February is now between yours on the 14th and Concord fire on the 28th.

Give me a sales pitch...

Coach
98 Luna-Chicks
http://www.soccerincollege.com/team.aspx?id=SCF99001

Can do. Matthews, NC is about 100 miles closer to you or roughly 3 hrs less travel. Our cost is also lower than Concorde's. We've got good facilities, less traffic and should have plenty of competition. Come north and participate in a battle of the Carolinas!

world cup
world cup
....and the fields are crowned.

......... a little bit.

.......they drain real well.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
M
MUFC Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
M
Quote:

....and the fields are crowned.

......... a little bit.

.......they drain real well.

One of the complexes, yes. Don't get rained out too often there.
Comes in handy for a tournament.

L
throw in
throw in
L
The one thing that has us leaning towards concorde is the
Premier u-10 8v8 division. Most u-10 teams will be looking forward to the fall to prepare for u-11.

Unless you can rope a couple of the Charlotte u-10 gold teams into coming. My girls enjoyed playing the Lake Norman Tornadoes last spring.

98 Luna-Chicks

M
MUFC Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
M
Quote:

The one thing that has us leaning towards concorde is the
Premier u-10 8v8 division. Most u-10 teams will be looking forward to the fall to prepare for u-11.

Unless you can rope a couple of the Charlotte u-10 gold teams into coming. My girls enjoyed playing the Lake Norman Tornadoes last spring.

98 Luna-Chicks

We expect a number of Competitive teams from the Charlotte area in this age group. Will see what we can do about the LNSC team. We had a number of LNSC teams last year.

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Luna - I take it you don't support the small sided philosophy endorsed by almost every governing body out there!

L
throw in
throw in
L
I support it.... We have been playing u-9/10 since we were 8

6 seasons of 6v6.... It is time to get ready for 8v8

Remember, we are a small club. The players that I have are all I have. We are fortunate for our results. As the bigger clubs start to consolidate teams, we have to stay a step ahead.

My goal is to develop players on James Island for the long term. Yes I receive calls from parents and coaches telling me about a child they have that would be perfect for our team, yes I am often told that our team can't be rec!
Yes we are....... I will put my $100 per season girls up against any u-10G team from anywhere. You do not have to pay $500.00 for quality fun soccer.

Since this team came out of Micro at u-8, my roster has never changed. Why? because soccer is fun.
We average 24-27 games per season... that's over 50 a year.
People have to understand that learning to play together is more important than just throwing the best players on a team and calling them Elite or Academy. (maybe that is just how I see it)

Luna-Chicks

Last edited by Luna-Chicks 98G; 11/20/08 03:21 PM.
R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Luna - Not sure what you are trying to say with "... that's over 50 a year." But, you do realize that most professionals dont play that many games in a year?

L
throw in
throw in
L
We will play 24-27 games in the spring and the same for the fall.

That is a 12 game league schedule
and 3 tournaments. (we often manage to play 4 games:)

This year Spring 09, we are only looking at a tournament schedule.
James Island Jan
Matthews or concord (Feb)
Columbia St. Pats
Piggly Wiggly
State Cup
Bridge FA.
That is 24 possible games on just 6 weekends 3 in town!

Just this morning, they told me they are going to play in a 3v3 tournament in Dec..... with our without their dear old coach.
We are the exception, not the rule.

Last edited by Luna-Chicks 98G; 11/20/08 04:00 PM.
M
MUFC Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
M
Would love to have 3 of those games in Matthews. I am sure we can find you some good competition. We actually had a team named the Lunachicks a few years ago. They still use that name for their indoor team.

L
throw in
throw in
L
MUFC - - Back on subject... thanks
We are having our season ending party this Saturday. Parents will help me with the schedule then.

98 Luna-Chicks

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Luna - One more question:

State Cup? There is a State Cup for U10's in SC?

L
throw in
throw in
L
In the Spring

SCYSA American cup.
Info attached

http://scysa.org/downloads/AmericanCupManual08_09REV0_2-AUG-2008.pdf

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Luna - So the American Cup is the State Cup? Or is just that the State Association sponsors it?

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Sponsored by the State Assocication, commonly referred as State Cup. I think everyone agrees the "real" State Cup begins at U13.

Last edited by Fireant; 11/20/08 05:58 PM.
L
throw in
throw in
L
I guess it is whatever you want to call it. Link to spring says "2008 State Cup"

Take a look...... you may see me in the picture for 9's
Spring 08:

http://www.scysa.org/Archive_Team_Pictures/4-2008_State_Cup/Kohls_low_res/index.html

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Luna - You refer to James Island as a 'small club' - just what is your definition of a small club? Does it boil down to numbers? (How many members does JIYSC have?)

PS: I appreciate you responding. I am not challenging you, I am simply interested in hearing your perspective.

L
throw in
throw in
L
400 +/- Total including micro

No trouble... I often throw it out there to see if it sticks.

B
goal
goal
B
Quote:

Since this team came out of Micro at u-8, my roster has never changed. Why? because soccer is fun.

So if I understand this correctly, there are only 10 girls that are the same age to be on this "rec" team?

And rather than get into a lengthy debate about it, if the roster has never changed, and there are other players, age appropriate to be on this team, then it easily could be considered a "select" team. The cost for the players is not the true definition of what is rec/academy/select.

Last edited by Bear; 11/20/08 06:35 PM.
L
throw in
throw in
L
Bear... you are wrong.

According to the state.
No tryout, no evaluation, I am an unpaid free parent coach and as long as the club has a rec policy returning players to the same team (thus the no roster change and I am not coaching more than 10 @ 6v6) = REC

State also says a rec team can play in an academy division and still be classified as Rec.
FYI
All from C. Ballentine, all asked by me at the low country state meeting.

Ok... I am not the average parent coach.
2 soccer boards
20years coaching exp.
36 years playing (still play in the Chas. Battery league)
I understand the process probably better than anyone

10 excited little players that come back year after year willing to have fun while learning the game of soccer.

M
bench
bench
M
We would love to have the Luna-Chicks. In fact, if you come we can put a really quality group of premier teams together!!!

We are trying to personally contact you to chat with you about this, as well. Take care and talk to you soon.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Sponsored by the State Assocication, commonly referred as State Cup. I think everyone agrees the "real" State Cup begins at U13.

There are 3 SCYSA State Cups:

American Cup - Recreational teams at U10-U19 divisions

Presidents Medal Cup - Classic teams at U13-U19 divisions (SCYSA affiliated select teams not playing SCSCL or R3PL)

Challenge Cup - Challenge and Premier teams at U13-U19 divisions (only teams playing in the SCSCL or R3PL are eligible)

The winners of the Presidents Medal Cup advance to the Region 3 Presidents Cup which is being played in June, 2009 at the MeSA complex in Greenville, SC.

The winners of the Challenge Cup advance to the Southern Regional Championships which are being played in June, 2009 in Dallas, TX.

I believe all 3 of these State Cups are very real to those participating.

M
MUFC Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
M
Hope everyone had a good holiday break. Still plenty of time to get signed up for this event. Look forward to having South Carolina represented well. http://www.meckunionfc.com

L
throw in
throw in
L
Parents voted, JIYSC 98 Luna-Chicks are coming!
Give me a couple of weeks to get registered
We have a 3v3 tournament on 12/20
and the JIYSC tournament 01/31

It was nice talking to you guys the other day, it should be a fun weekend

98 Luna-Chicks

M
MUFC Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
M
Glad to hear it! We look forward to you coming and building out a good bracket for you. Any other takers out there? Would really like to get a good mix of SC teams. How about it?

M
MUFC Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
M
Keep those applications coming. We got commitment from teams in OH, PA, NY and NJ recently along with numerous NC teams. Should be a great weekend of soccer.

www.meckunionfc.com

M
MUFC Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
M
Still another week to register for the Matthews Invitational. We continue to get apps from all over. Check us out at www.meckunionfc.com.

M
bench
bench
M
Tournament Update

UPDATE

We are now offering our high school aged participants the chance to set up Campus Visits at some local colleges while they are in town.

Interested players should visit our tournament website and simply email the listed schools admissions counselor to set up a time and day.

M
MUFC Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
M
Registration deadline is fast approachin. 9 clubs from out of state have teams participating, including teams from NY, VA and SC, as well as 22 clubs from North Carolina. To see the full list, go to http://www.meckunionfc.com/Tournaments/index_E.html .

Keep those applications coming!

M
MUFC Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
M
Up to 10 clubs from out of state. Welcome to the fray Daniel Island SA. Any other takers? Should have some really good games across all age groups.

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Website states schedules should be posted by 1/23. Do you have a new date?

M
MUFC Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
M
They are up.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard