Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
bench
OP Offline
bench
M
Who will be the state champs? Can any other teams in the state compete with these two power houses?

S
Brace
Brace
S
I think it will be a clear cut road for both teams....I am going to go with Irmo. They are way overdue.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
And this time they will not meet until the final

M
bench
OP Offline
bench
M
I have heard that there are also some very talented players that have moved into irmo as well. any info on this? Both teams are basically the same from last year?

S
Brace
Brace
S
I know one player (stay unnamed) that is moving over from a private school. He plays premier ball for CUFC. I am not sure on any other players. There were rumors of some SV kids but those are untrue.

S
throw in
throw in
S
irmo is bringing back a core group with Zach acree and Leo mucufsky ballin it up like lads.. be hard to stop them jah

Last edited by johnproctor; 11/03/08 04:03 PM.
Brace
Brace
NW only losing one and adding a very strong player who sat out last year. I would go with NW until proven otherwise.

M
bench
OP Offline
bench
M
i have heard there is 1 from white knoll? 1 from spring valley? and a couple new freshman that should dominate j.v?

B
kick off
kick off
B
The one from White Knoll is nothing special.

el tiempo esta arriba
goal
goal
Northwestern. They lose one starter and gain a very, very dangerous player who sat out last year. They are the team to beat.

M
bench
OP Offline
bench
M
is the player from northwestern also the player from the discoveries u 18 dennis?? from info i have recieved the kid from wk is on the U 17 elite team at cufc so he cant be bad? right?

B
kick off
kick off
B
Yeah, but he is nothing that is gonna make an impact at Irmo.

el tiempo esta arriba
S
Brace
Brace
S
Irmo is stacked top to bottom and they are due.

goal kick
goal kick
After playing both these teams last season, losing to irmo and beating northwestern. I would have to say that Northwestern has the better players while Irmo has the better team. This year with a clutch group of seniors I can see Irmo winning it all this year, but they have a long way to go.

Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic.
B
bench
bench
B
Columbia United vs. Discoveries...I like Irmo's chances.

Joga Bonito
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
let me get this straight, nhs loses one player and gains a player from the region III team. irmo loses more than 1 player and might be picking up some players from valley or white knoll but no one knows for sure. in the last contest nhs won AT irmo. nhs is the defending state champion. what am i missing? nhs is still the champ last time i looked. they will be in the final. will irmo? nhs is my pick.

S
Brace
Brace
S
Considering last years match was very tight until the end and had some questionable calls,it could go either way. It really didn't matter who won the semi final match because that team was going to win state. I think Irmo only lost one starter fro that semifinal team but gained more depth.

You are not missing anything, just an open discussion. I'll let you know how good Irmo is in the spring after we play them! haha

E
goal kick
goal kick
E
it all depends on where they play big field=NW wins smaller field=toss up

one can be beaten, two can defend themselves, but a a strand of three is not easily defeated
throw in
throw in
is dennis the argentianian kid??

kick off
kick off
how many sv kids are playing for the Irmo?

M
brace
brace
M
No SV players have moved to Irmo.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
Goal
Goal
How's SV going to be this year?
Did they lose many seniors?

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
H
goal
goal
H
One SV player moved to Irmo - Raymond Keyes.

SV should be pretty good this year, but they lost some big players. Gone are Czulinski, Houghton, Flynn, Hartvigsen and Wollersheim ("Holland"). GK Will Frierson, who played very well last year, also graduated. His replacement is the keeper for the CUFC U-17 Elite team, and is on the ODP Region III team - so they should be fine in goal. Antoine Parris will be back. There are a couple of pretty good sophomores coming up as well. All things considered, they should be good. Getting back to Stone Stadium for the fourth year in a row? That will take some luck - but you never know!

A
throw in
throw in
A
Quote:

One SV player moved to Irmo - Raymond Keyes.

SV should be pretty good this year, but they lost some big players. Gone are Czulinski, Houghton, Flynn, Hartvigsen and Wollersheim ("Holland"). GK Will Frierson, who played very well last year, also graduated. His replacement is the keeper for the CUFC U-17 Elite team, and is on the ODP Region III team - so they should be fine in goal. Antoine Parris will be back. There are a couple of pretty good sophomores coming up as well. All things considered, they should be good. Getting back to Stone Stadium for the fourth year in a row? That will take some luck - but you never know!

SV will not be a legitimate threat this upcoming season. You don't lose, what, ten starters (?) and compete for state. The only team I can think of that did anything similar to that was Irmo in 2004, but lets face it, SV is not as talented as Irmo was back then.

As for the question at hand, it's practically a toss-up between Irmo and Northwestern. However, Northwestern in the champion until proven otherwise, so that's my pick.

H
goal
goal
H
Soccer's a funny game. Funny things can happen in one-offs, like playoff games. I absolutely agree that Irmo and NW are the prohibitive favorites. They're both loaded with great players and are very well coached. I think SV will be solid and I will be surprised if they don't have a decent playoff run. As for getting to the Championship, as I said, that will definitely take some luck.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Northwestern..perfect season.

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Enzo+Alex+Dennis+Robbie+everyone else = back to back champs

One Time!
S
throw in
throw in
S
how about a little bit of zach acree leo mucufsky taylor varney emmitt lunceford kyle mcwean all lads goin to do work this year

C
kick off
kick off
C
my preseason vote is Irmo! Talented players-- well coached and I would say the time is right. Again this is preseason but I think everyone is right== these 2 teams will meet for the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!

goal kick
goal kick
i believe that both teams have talent enough for 2 high school teams each.

that said NW will once again be state champs and irmo will underacheive as it has in past years.

W
kick off
kick off
W
NW for 2009. The Irmo boys are too wild outside of the field. NW knows how to handle themselves better and knows what it takes to be a champion. Plus NW has better players

M
brace
brace
M
It'll be IRMO vs NW in the final with the win going to IRMO. Wkgod7, as you know so well the players on the squad have played together for many years and this is their time and they know it. Player for player, IRMO is stronger and is the only team in the state capable of neutralizing Enzo. Remember, Northwestern won on a very bad call last year after IRMO dominated the game during the Upper State Championship. No question, IRMO is the better team. NW was the team with more good luck in that one.

Wando is always loaded with talent and deserves respect. Wando should be the hurtle IRMO will need to clear in the Lower State Championship prior to meeting NW in the final.

goal
goal
Manchester, give me a break. Irmo is stronger player for player? No. Northwestern won on a very bad call last year? That was last year it is time to stop being bitter that they lost and move on. You cannot say no question, Irmo is the better team. You are a clown if you think so. They are both excellent teams.

Irmo is a great team and if both teams happen to meet in the state championship it will a hell of a game.

goal
goal
Manchester, give me a break. Irmo is stronger player for player? No. Northwestern won on a very bad call last year? That was last year it is time to stop being bitter that they lost and move on. You cannot say "no question, Irmo is the better team". You are a clown if you think so. They are both excellent teams.

Irmo is a great team and if both teams happen to meet in the state championship it will be a hell of a game.

Last edited by The Real Henry; 01/30/09 05:20 PM.
M
brace
brace
M
Not bitter at all Real Henry. Luck is always a factor in games, good and bad. Did you see the upper state final last year? IRMO dominated putting the NW defenders on their heels 80% of the game. No clowning around about that. It was obvious. Enzo was neutralized and NW was lucky to get out of the stadium with the win. IRMO was the better soccer team that day. This is a new season and what we have to base our projections on is the past. You are right, should they meet in the finals it'll be a great rematch as both are loaded with talent but we're both biased, aren't we?

goal
goal
Yes I was at the game. Irmo did dominate and was the better team that day. But Northwestern won.

I would say we both are a tiny bit biased haha. Makes for a great ScSoccer rivalry!

M
brace
brace
M
Absolutely! That was make's it exciting for all.

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
I thought I was gonna have to break you to up. Gettin a little heated ha. But i agree with you both that Irmo did have the better play last year, but the way NW played in the final last year sealed the deal for me that they were the best team in the state. Champions win like NW did vs Irmo, even if they had a bad day. That aside, I cannot wait to see these two teams meet in the finals of the LMC. Should be exciting!!!

One Time!
M
brace
brace
M
sG, just some good natured preseason feather ruffling. Note: the reason NW had what u cal a bad day was because IRMO was spanking them. There is a big difference.

Also, NW totally decimated SV in the final. It was one of the best executed HS games I've seen. Simple one touch play tore SV apart.

goal
goal
Northwestern played poorly against Irmo and still managed a win. Irmo 'spanked' them as you said Manchester because Northwestern played sub-par and Irmo played a great game. And as I recall Northwestern still won and has the ring.

Northwestern will not be stopped this season and I say they do not lose a game. BAM!

Last edited by The Real Henry; 01/30/09 07:26 PM.
C
kick off
kick off
C
If the guy from WK s who I think it is he will have a great impact, he really is a quality player but it may be some one else im not sure.

W
kick off
kick off
W
Manchester,
I know they boys at IRMO can gell.. they are decent athletes and have some good talent. The boys at NW are just too good. They have been together there whole youth soccer career's. Also, the IRMO boys will probably get into some kind of trouble, don't we all know that...they aren't self disciplined enough to be a State Champion. IRMO, could be good if the were self disciplined like for example, NW.

C
kick off
kick off
C
So if you say the IRMO boys are so bad what do you know about that? I want to learn about this some before I believe you about this IRMO with no discipline.

throw in
throw in
I dont understand the big debate... if you look at the team (player for player), Irmo wins hands down. Maybe thats only on paper but it is still a fact. Going beyond the players is the coaching staff, there is no HS coach in SC that can compete with Savitz, his is just too good. He also has a great young assistant in Matt Berry... with their knowledge and the talent that Irmo has, I dont see anyone beating them. On top of that, I honestly see Irmo winning state for the next 4 years... they have more talent in their freshman class than most schools have in thier program, it'll be exciting to watch in the coming years.

world cup
world cup
SoccersBest,

What grade are you in at Northwestern HS?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
goal
goal
Irmo wins hands down in talent on paper??? Umm no. Enzo, Alex, Den Den, Ricky, Zack, Robbie, Shawny. I can keep going if you want me too. Irmo is extremely talented but for people to keep saying Irmo wins hands down in talent makes my laugh. Also, Coach Wren is an amazing coach. Savitz is also amazing and has a great career. Great guy in general.

We can keep this argument going on forever but it seems to go nowhere. Both teams are extremely talented and have great coaches and facilities. The only way to settle this is if these two teams happen to meet at the LMC.

As for now, Northwestern is the reigning state champion.

C
kick off
kick off
C
call me a tool but I hope neither... I would prefer to see some teams who are not the top two take the spot light mid season and during the play offs but that's just me... if I had to chose one between these two I guess I would say Irmo...they can make up for last year....

B
bench
bench
B
Irmo had the better run of play last year in the semis...I think it has to be the two of them in the finals and it will be.

Joga Bonito
P
kick off
kick off
P
Northwestern takes state championship again. Northwestern is too talented for any team in the state this year! If Irmo players can stay out of trouble off the field then they might be able to pull one out. Last years match was a close one.

bench
bench
WANDO WANDO WANDO WANDO WANDO

S
Brace
Brace
S
why do you insinuate that just the Irmo players need to stay out of trouble? I am sure the NHS boys are not golden children 100% of the time. I graduated from NHS and I'll tell you, there is not much difference between the two schools and it's students.

A
kick off
kick off
A
REAL HENRY VS IRMO

kick off
kick off
IRMO will win it

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Irmo is way over do for a championship and they are out to get it with a very talented team this year. Irmo wins, but after a very good game.

goal
goal
Real Henry vs. Irmo would be quite a match!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard