Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
L
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
L
wow - this rule change for Disney could be tricky especially on the girls side where this is not the norm in league play or other tournament games. when you come out of the game, you're done playing for the match. this is in effect for both boys and girls games u16 and up. 7 subs is the limit per game.

http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.com/d...Page&bhcp=1

F
throw in
throw in
F
That's going to be a crazy rule for the tournament (I know that's how the BIG leagues operate). Since it's a showcase, it's going to make for some serious conflicts with playing time. If a college coach only comes for 1 half and it's the half you're out- you're out of luck. Plus guest players will really make for some interesting problems. If a familiy spends the money to go to Disney, their players should get playing time. But the starters, especially the offensive starters, would never be in the game at the end.

L
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
L
being a showcase i think this is a bad move. most all coaches on the girl's side have zero experience in preparing match plans for their teams with this sub rule in effect and the players, too.

Last edited by letmeputittooyouthisway; 11/07/08 07:52 PM.
world cup
world cup
This is a great rule for regular season matches, but TERRIBLE for a Showcase.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
This rule is similar to the new academy league rules regarding subs. I think its good, players would now fully understand the privilege they have when they take the field. Players would give greater effort to stay on, plus it forces coaches to be more creative, or show more tactical prowess

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Good points..I agree..It makes the strong players stay in shape so they can perform on the field for 90 minutes..Instead of coming on and off at will

Last edited by coldhardtruth; 11/08/08 09:54 PM.
L
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
L
Will this sub-limit rule for Disney be changed on the girls side?

Do the club coaches even know of it?

How can Disney be a “Showcase” event and not have free sub limits? Isn’t the main reason Disney is so highly touted is for player’s exposure to college coaches at the u16 and up ages? Can you image UNC/Dorrance dropping by a game to see a player and she’s already been subbed out and can’t get back in the game. With limited time to watch players, college coaches do not hang around to watch a full game.

F
throw in
throw in
F
The girl's side have the same rule per the website list of rules. It is defintely not in the best interest of the players wishing to be seen. A lot of coaches used to sub MORE at Showcases to give each player a chance.

H
bench
bench
H
I'm pretty sure that "UNC/Dorrance" is not going to go to a game to look at a girl who is going to be subbed out by her team. If she is good enough for UNC she is going to play the whole game.

C
Coach
Coach
C
So if a team is fortunate enough to have more than 11 deserving, quality players--or more than one deserving, quality player for a specific position (keeper, for example), where does that logic leave them? Only 11 can start. If you don't put the "other" deserving player in at all, you're saying he/she isn't worth looking at...if you put the sub in and pull the starter, you're saying that your starter isn't "good enough" to play the whole game. Sounds like a catch-22 to me.

I've got good news and bad news...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard