Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
L
HIA - at a showcase event and especially Disney - it's about showcasing all your players. there is plenty of subbing even of the best players. plus, it's hot and humid. length of games are longer in group play, too at Disney.

F
throw in
throw in
F
A lot club coaches rarely sub defenders, assuming that's 4 field players, then the other 6 have to be subbed out to get playing time for the rest of the team- not matter how good the 6 starters are. It's a bad rule for a Showcase

H
goal
goal
H
Disney calls itself a Showcase, but operates like a tournament. Note the difference between CASL's and Disney's Showcases. I think this is a terrible rule for this event.

J
Brace
Brace
J
I am amazed that there is complaining about a limited sub rule. Here in the midwest the MRL league has the 7 subs per half rule. This is common knowlege and gets the players ready for the next level. The next question you have to ask yourself, is that now that there is the academy league, how many college coaches are going to be attending the normal tournaments when they can go see the best of the best at the academy tournaments. When I refereed at the academy tournament, I saw 10 X's the amount of college coaches than I saw at the other games, including the state cup quarters. semis and finals, and regional games. The college coaches know that the best place to go see the best players are at the academy tournaments.....just a thought.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
H
goal
goal
H
Quote:

The next question you have to ask yourself, is that now that there is the academy league, how many college coaches are going to be attending the normal tournaments when they can go see the best of the best at the academy tournaments. When I refereed at the academy tournament, I saw 10 X's the amount of college coaches than I saw at the other games, including the state cup quarters. semis and finals, and regional games. The college coaches know that the best place to go see the best players are at the academy tournaments.....just a thought.

Such a tiresome "argument." I continue to be amazed at the attitude of the Academy supporters. Comparing college coach attendance at a weekend of Academy games with attendance at league games (or "state finals" where two teams are playing) is asinine. Compare attendance at CASL, or Disney, or the Region III tournament, or the Interregionals. There will be 100+ college coaches at all of those. The comparison is more apt.

The upshot to all of this is that good players on good teams will be seen multiple times by college coaches, whether they play Academy or not. Why do the Academy folks seem so focused on convincing everyone else that they made the right decision? Maybe you did, and maybe you didn't, but convincing me won't change the answer.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

...this rule change for Disney... 7 subs is the limit per game.

Quote:

Here in the midwest the MRL league has the 7 subs per half rule.

I think there is a big difference between a limit of 7 subs per half and 7 subs per game. I'd have less problem with limits per half than per game, especially at the higher levels like Regional Premier Leagues.

J
Brace
Brace
J
HappyDaddy
Just for clarification, I am not an academy supporter. I think it is another way that the system has tried to say that this is now the new level that is the "best". In five years they will come up with a new level like they always have and name it "X". X will then be the newest and best thing. But I am telling you, from what I have witnessed, there have been fewer coaches at the other events. I do large tournaments (ODP region camps, ODP holdovers, state cup, regionals, Pumas Cup in Chicago, Rainbow and Watermellon tournament, USA cup, etc....), so I have seen the difference. There are some coaches that still go to the other tournaments, but not as many. Just an observation, I have no dog in the fight one way or the other, my kids are only 4 and 2. Stand back, take a breath and relax. You gotta love message boards, people are way to serious all of the time, or else they show their ability to judge or ignorance.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
world cup
world cup
Soccerboy,

My daughter's team played in the USA Cup in Blaine, MN back when she was U-14. Obviously there were no college coaches looking at teams that young. Is there a good turnout of midwest college coaches for the U-17 and U-18 age levels at this tournament?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
corner kick
corner kick

The best way to be noticed by college coaches is self promotion to the college the player is interested in attending.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
The more talent you can bring to one event or a league is going to bring more coaches..It would make sense because the coaches do not have to travel as much..Still standing out in a crowd of high end players would be difficult at best..Man City has it right..Figure out where you would like to go to school and contact the coaching staff and let your interests be known..If you sit home waiting on them to come to you..then your chances are slim that you will play where you will be happy

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard