Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#110444 11/11/08 04:42 PM
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
ACC (8) - Boston College, Duke, Florida State, Miami, North Carolina, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest

SEC (6) - Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU, South Carolina, Tennessee

Action starts this weekend with games on Friday, November 14 and Sunday, November 16!

Quest for the NCAA Women's College Cup - Field of 64

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
Brace
Brace
Not a bad draw for So Car.

Rick Fielden
corner kick
corner kick
Here are the brackets from the NCAA website:

NCAA Womens Soccer brackets

You can switch between D1, D2, and D3....

C
bench
bench
C
Stinks how a team like Western Carolina can beat So. Car., win the SoCon Tourny yet be rewarded by getting UNC in the first round.

K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
regarding western carolina, they have been the tourney once and lost in the 1st rnd. i hate to say it but the weaker conferencees play the best conferences...and socon is one of the weaker conferences..i am not bashing the socon as it is a good conference for women's soccer but comparing it to others...it is in the lower part when comparing to the big dogs...as acc got 8 teams in and sec got 6..big south 1 and socon 1, but i feel uncg did get shafted as they have proven themselves and did not get an at large..that is the problem with the large conferences in any sport, those big conferences get more teams in the tourney and the smaller ones suffer...look at basketball! i am sure if they were seeded western carolina was seeded one of the lowest...and i know western carolina is a quality team, and the coach has them prepared every day...maybe they can upset the dynasty in the first round!!!

Brace
Brace
The first round of the NCAA tournament is always about minimizing travel expenses, not what is fair or right. This is not a revenue machine like men's basketball.

L
Goal
Goal
L
rpi has a lot to do with seeding. being in the unc region was probably a part of it too. hope wc pulls off tha big upset. heck come of unc players are off playing with the wnt and will miss all playoff games. they're loaded.

Brace
Brace
My daughter played her final college game in the first round at UNC last year and it was an awesome experience for her, at UNC and against the traditional powerhouse. They even surprised UNC by scoring a goal against them which was HUGE for her team. WC just needs to enjoy the experience and be proud of what they have and what they may accomplish.

world cup
world cup
I would think Western Carolina would be a higher seed, and have a higher RPI, than Radford. I'd give the nod to the SoCon over the Big South.

Why does WCU get UNC while Radford gets the "easier road" through Duke?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
world cup
world cup
Virginia 2
USMA 0

Ashleigh Sheets is out.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard