Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#110481 11/13/08 01:20 PM
Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
West Ashley's Julie Bolt recently concluded her senior season at Clemson. For her career, Julie scored 19 goals in the toughest women's soccer conference in the country. Nine of her goals came this year.

I don't believe that any other South Carolina high school graduate has ever scored 19 career goals in the Atlantic Coast Conference.

http://clemsontigers.cstv.com/sports/w-soccer/mtt/bolt_julie00.html

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
hat-trick
hat-trick
I was fortunate enough to see Julie score 2 of those 9 goals vs UNC while visiting my daughter who is a freshmen at Clemson. The highly regarded Tar Heels had real problems containing her. It's too bad Clemson's defense couldn't stop the high-powered UNC offense either. Clemson lost 5-2.

corner kick
corner kick
I have also enjoyed watching Julie Bolt play at Clemson. I have witness many of the games she has played at Clemson. This year was a difficult year for the Tigers as it is the first time they have not made the ACC tournament or the NCAA tournament. Hopefully Hershey can bring in top notch recruits and get back into the ACC tournament next year.

Julie played the last half of the season with a badly bruised shoulder against the top ACC teams.

Congratulations to Julie on a impressive 4 seasons at Clemson. We can only hope she will stay active in South Carolina soccer as a coach.

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Congrats to Julie!

Hurst, I think you need to dig a little deeper on your knowledge of SC graduates.

Clemson's career record leader for points with 127 (50 goals, 27 assists) from 1999-2002 was Deliah Arrington. She graduated from Waccamaw High School and played club soccer in HungryNeck and Trident United in Charleston.

After college she was drafted in the first round, sixth overall to the WUSA's Philadelphia Charge.

http://clemsontigers.cstv.com/sports/w-soccer/recaps/020303aaa.html

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

I have also enjoyed watching Julie Bolt play at Clemson. I have witness many of the games she has played at Clemson. This year was a difficult year for the Tigers as it is the first time they have not made the ACC tournament or the NCAA tournament. Hopefully Hershey can bring in top notch recruits and get back into the ACC tournament next year.

Julie played the last half of the season with a badly bruised shoulder against the top ACC teams.

Congratulations to Julie on a impressive 4 seasons at Clemson. We can only hope she will stay active in South Carolina soccer as a coach.

Well done Bolt!

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
fan01,

Thanks for the history lesson.

Looks like everybody else takes a back seat to Deliah in terms of scoring goals at the D1 level.

What was she like in high school?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
F
goal kick
goal kick
F
If I recall correctly, Waccamaw didn't have a girl's team at the time, so D played a couple of season on the boy's team and ended up having a couple of successful track seasons as a sprinter and hurdler at the end of her high school career.

Rumor back in the day was she was the fastest person, male or female in her school. I played with her in club ball for a couple of seasons; definitely easy to play a long ball to; just boot it up and let D chase it.

hat-trick
hat-trick
While we're discussing former SC HS players in college, I noticed that Lexington's Allie Johns led Newberry in scoring this year as a freshman. http://newberry.athleticsite.com/stats/wsoc08/teamcume.htm#TEAM.IND

Link Copied to Clipboard