Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
Any thoughts on what MPSC is planning on doing with their u14 girls challenge team next season? From all indications MPSC will combined their u13 and u14 teams to allow their u14 challenge team to have the numbers to continue on as a team. The u14 girls challenge team struggled without a win and the u13 girls challenge team struggled in league play. IMO I am not sure adding younger players is in the best interest in developing players and teams. Is this a decision that is being made by the so called soccer professionals in the best interest of the club or in the name of developing players?

Brace
Brace
IMO I am not sure adding younger players is in the best interest in developing players and teams.

Many experts believe that your best development comes when you have the younger players - that can compete mind you - participate and play with the older players.

S
bench
bench
S
Well, if players are leaving at least one of the teams...and they don't have enough for a team....what should the club do? And if the players are unhappy on the other team because there is not enough depth, what should the club do?

Or should they just not play this spring since there are not enough girls to field a team in one group and there are unhappy girls/parents on the other team.

What other options do you think they have?!?!?!?

And if the U13's are at a skill level that they can move up...what exactly is the harm. Plenty of teams around the state have players of younger age levels playing up.

And...as noted, both teams struggled during the season.

So where exactly should these U14 and U13 girls play? What would be your solution?

Why the insult to the DOC and coaches at MPSC?

Last edited by SoccerRulesMyLife; 11/17/08 02:56 PM.
C
Coach
Coach
C
I'm not sure how combining U13 and U14 players would hurt player development; putting the best of the two teams would seem to allow them to be more competitive and have the numbers to continue playing at a more competitive level, as opposed to trying to make two teams who aren't seeing success. What do you see as the negatives of the solution? Perhaps that some U13 players will be left out due to having too many players for one team rather than too few for two? Just curious.

I've got good news and bad news...
S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
I don’t think that soccer skill level has anything to do with the players moving up. Ya, great for the younger players to be playing up for their development but what about the older girls? Maybe instead try dropping down to the appropriate skill level and develop there. With the Bridge 94 girls and the SAA 94 girls all having the same problem in the Low Country with numbers why can’t something be worked out between the DOCs? With some at the Classic level and some at the Challenge level for next season and then through try-outs make the adjustment of players to the level they need to be at in their individual development.

S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
The negative of the solution is not only are you displacing some of the u13 girls but are you really creating a competative team or just putting a team together to keep every player at MPSC?

I think the real solution for the Low Country would be for MPSC, SAA, and Bridge to work together for the best interest of the girls. Divided we all fail.

S
bench
bench
S
Quote:

I don’t think that soccer skill level has anything to do with the players moving up. Ya, great for the younger players to be playing up for their development but what about the older girls? Maybe instead try dropping down to the appropriate skill level and develop there. With the Bridge 94 girls and the SAA 94 girls all having the same problem in the Low Country with numbers why can’t something be worked out between the DOCs? With some at the Classic level and some at the Challenge level for next season and then through try-outs make the adjustment of players to the level they need to be at in their individual development.

Well, since you solution here involves SAA and Bridge...why the interest in MPSC...and the knock on their DOC's/coaches?

S
bench
bench
S
Quote:

The negative of the solution is not only are you displacing some of the u13 girls but are you really creating a competative team or just putting a team together to keep every player at MPSC?

I think the real solution for the Low Country would be for MPSC, SAA, and Bridge to work together for the best interest of the girls. Divided we all fail.

This could be said for ALL THREE CLUBS....not just MPSC. Why don't SAA or Bridge send thier players to one of the other clubs. It goes both ways. Take what you wrote and insert SAA and Bridge where you have MPSC and the same holds true.

I agree that the kids are caught in the middle, and hopefully something will be done, but I wouldn't go pointing a finger at just one of the clubs as being the obstacle.

For the sake of all those girls, I hope that something gets done, but it is going to take GIVING UP something by all three clubs....not just one of them.

S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
Well, since you solution here involves SAA and Bridge...why the interest in MPSC...and the knock on their DOC's/coaches?

I have a vested interest to field the best competitive team in this age group for the Low Country and try and compete at the Challenge Level. I would not say that MPSC fielded a competitive team this or last Season at the challenge level. I believe I used the term soccer professionals and the "knock" was not just directed at MPSC but I would include Bridge and SAA DOCs for not working together in the best interest of all these 94 girls.

S
bench
bench
S
Quote:

I have a vested interest to field the best competitive team in this age group for the Low Country and try and compete at the Challenge Level. I would not say that MPSC fielded a competitive team this or last Season at the challenge level. I believe I used the term soccer professionals and the "knock" was not just directed at MPSC but I would include Bridge and SAA DOCs for not working together in the best interest of all these 94 girls.

I will go along with you on this one, that it is ALL three clubs that need to work together for both the 94's and the 95's.

The best off of each of these teams, in both age groups, could create some strong teams able to complete with other large clubs in the state.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard