Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
bench
bench
S
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

By combining the U13 and U14 teams, it would be possible to put all of the "true" Challenge players together to form one competitive squad. Since MPSC also fields Classic teams, the Classic-level players from each team who would be "displaced" could in actuality be placed on a Classic team at an appropriate level so that they can be competitive and have a fulfilling, highly developmental season as well. Both teams would be more uniform in talent level, and both would have an opportunity to be successful.

I like this idea....seems like a win win situation for all. What a great idea placing players at the level they belong to help in their development.

Doesn't look like this is the path that MPSC is going. MPSC will keep all thier U14 players together and bring up enough U13 players to fill a U14 Challenge team. MPSC will then combined the remaining U13 players from their two U13 teams to make one.

Could be some unhappy parents and players for those on the bubble and not selected for the U14 team.

Hmmmmm....I'm puzzled by your comment that it "doesn't look like this is the path MPSC is going." Your version of what you say they are doing is the same thing the previous poster said....you just worded it differently.

If some of the U13s were not selected to play up...could it be that they were not at that skill level. This is the same thing as others have said.....why would you say that is not what they are doing.

S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
Hmmmmm....I'm puzzled by your comment that it "doesn't look like this is the path MPSC is going." Your version of what you say they are doing is the same thing the previous poster said....you just worded it differently.

If some of the U13s were not selected to play up...could it be that they were not at that skill level. This is the same thing as others have said.....why would you say that is not what they are doing.

It is worded different because it is different. MPSC is keeping all the true U14 players on the U14 Challenge team no matter what their skill level and pulling U13 players to fill a roster. I believe Coach Chass suggested selecting the best players to form a U14 Challenge team and the rest would play on a U14 Classic team.

S
bench
bench
S
Quote:

It is worded different because it is different. MPSC is keeping all the true U14 players on the U14 Challenge team no matter what their skill level and pulling U13 players to fill a roster. I believe Coach Chass suggested selecting the best players to form a U14 Challenge team and the rest would play on a U14 Classic team.

What is the breakdown on how many U14's are challenge and how many are classic? And, how many of the U13's are challenge and how many are classic? Can the U13 classic players compete at U14 classic? Are there U13 players not being moved to the U14 team who are better than any of the other U14s on the team?

S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
I believe only MPSC DOC can answer your questions.

MPSC DOC has stated that all true U14 girls would be on the U14 Challenge team. So, I guess all the true U14 girls are Challenge level players. What was there record in Challenge league this season?

S
bench
bench
S
Quote:

I believe only MPSC DOC can answer your questions.

MPSC DOC has stated that all true U14 girls would be on the U14 Challenge team. So, I guess all the true U14 girls are Challenge level players. What was there record in Challenge league this season?

The 14's went 1-7, with 4 goals scored and 16 against. That's 2.28 goals scored on them per game. Their worst games was a 6-2 loss. Sounds like they had problems finding the back of the net...nothing more than that. They clearly were not clobbered each game.

The 13s went 2-6, with 6 goals for and 17 against. That's 2.12 goals scored on them per game. Looks like they have problems finding the back of the net as well. Their worst loss was a 6-0 to Col United, and then a 4-0 to the MPSC 96s. They were clearly competitive though if you look at the stats.

Don't know what the fuss is.

Looks to me like MPSC just needs to focus on teaching those players to finish and score.

Why so harsh on them?

S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
No Fuss and not harsh on anyone.

For the record the U14 was 0-6 with only 3 goals scored. Two games were canceled due to rain CUSC and CESA 95 both with winning records.

I believe the 2 wins for the U13 team were against the struggling DISA team.

So, were either of these teams competitive at the challenge level. I would have to say no.

I wish the best of luck in the Spring to the 2 Low Country girl's U14 Challenge teams.

Divided We All Fail!

S
bench
bench
S
Quote:

For the record the U14 was 0-6 with only 3 goals scored. Two games were canceled due to rain CUSC and CESA 95 both with winning records.

So, were either of these teams competitive at the challenge level. I would have to say no.

I wish the best of luck in the Spring to the 2 Low Country girl's U14 Challenge teams.

Divided We All Fail!

I went by the SCYSA website. Why would they give them a win for a game not played.

Hmmmm.....you didn't address the other stats I posted....you know...the average goals per game scored against them.

If you have a U14, what is your reason for them not playing at MPSC? If she is that good, perhaps she could add to the team. Sounds like they need a good forward to get them some goals.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
SRML
You cannot judge anything other than won/lost record. Losing/winning big or small is due to too many variables not shown in the stat sheet....i.e red card (highly unlikely) or not enough players or very tough first game and a second game against a fresh team (it does happen even though it is not desirable)

Suffice to say that other teams were more succesful this time around

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

I went by the SCYSA website. Why would they give them a win for a game not played.

The team manager or coach of one of the teams usually enters the score and it goes in the books that way unless contested. The league does not usually enter the scores unless there is a forfeit. The August game vs CUFC Elite that is scored as a 1-0 MPSC win was a rain-out and was never rescheduled. Since the fall season for U14 does not count toward state cup seeding, teams are not required to make up rainouts so there would not be a forfeit. My guess is a manager or coach accidently entered the score on the wrong game and I don't know of a way for anyone but the league to change it once it is entered.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

Divided We All Fail!

It's obvious from your posts that you are quite unhappy with your daughter's team performance and even more upset with the path MPSC has chosen to take for combining these age groups. Anyone interested in looking at this fall's league results can see that the now disbanded 95 Elite team, U14 team and the U13B team did not have "winning" seasons.

It appears that any argument given on why this recent decision might lead to some success for the two teams will be shot down by you. Is success measured only by a team's season(s)? How do you differentiate success between a team as a whole and an individual player? How do you meet the needs of each individual player as well as the needs of the team as a whole? These are not questions that can be answered with a one-sentence response (my opinion). Do you feel there is a magical solution that is being grossly overlooked by the powers that be? If so, would that magical solution be of benefit to only your daughter or all of the girls affected by the combination? From another thread, it's also apparent that you are unhappy with ODP and how that has been handled within the state as well. Are their ANY positives you can attribute to your daughter's recent soccer experience? Does your daughter feel the same way you do? Food for thought.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard