Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
Coach
Coach
C
If competition breeds excellence, and all the good players go to CESA, then who will they compete with? Sure, they might have a great winning record, but would they really be pushed to move forward in player development?

Losing matches while playing well against the odds often leads to greater player progress than winning with a stacked deck.

I've got good news and bad news...
H
kick off
kick off
H
It is unfortunate that these very talented 14 y.o. girls have had such a tough year.The best thing to do would be for MP to let go of their top U-14 girls and send them to the Bridge. There is too much pressure put on these girls to make decisions on there own that most adults would have trouble making.There are still 3-4 U-14 Girls on the MP team that will suffer this year with development and level of play, due to addition of 4-5 U-13 players. You are only as good as your competition no matter who you play for or who your coach is.

G
bench
bench
G
Quote:

It is unfortunate that these very talented 14 y.o. girls have had such a tough year.The best thing to do would be for MP to let go of their top U-14 girls and send them to the Bridge. There is too much pressure put on these girls to make decisions on there own that most adults would have trouble making.There are still 3-4 U-14 Girls on the MP team that will suffer this year with development and level of play, due to addition of 4-5 U-13 players. You are only as good as your competition no matter who you play for or who your coach is.

Please don't go there on this. There are just as many parents/players in MP who would say the Bridge players should move to MP. The Bridge team is a mixture as well of varying ages, so why shouldn't they be the ones to make the move.

There are arguments both ways, but don't disrespect the girls that are staying to play on the U13 and U14 MP teams in the spring.

I think there are alot of teams in this state that have kids playing up a year on teams. Besides, there is more to all of this than just what club you play for. For some of these girls, they also take into consideration the social aspect, the level of sportsmanship, and teammates that are respectful to one another.

L
Kickoff
Kickoff
L
Please don't go there on this. There are just as many parents/players in MP who would say the Bridge players should move to MP. The Bridge team is a mixture as well of varying ages, so why shouldn't they be the ones to make the move.

There are arguments both ways, but don't disrespect the girls that are staying to play on the U13 and U14 MP teams in the spring.

I think there are alot of teams in this state that have kids playing up a year on teams. Besides, there is more to all of this than just what club you play for. For some of these girls, they also take into consideration the social aspect, the level of sportsmanship, and teammates that are respectful to one another.

The only problem with you saying that Bridge players should move to MPSC instead of the other way around is that 94 Bridge team has had some success in the past (apart from being knocked out from the state cup in the semis in the Spring) and is a very good team. Those few players would add more depth to already a very good team and hopefully help them trying to win a spot in the Premier League for next year.

Everyone always talks about being a team player and all that, but in reality there is really no loyalty to the club or coaches on that matter that developed all those kids anymore and when things don't go according to the plan (parent's plan) many parents pack their bags and end up going to a better club. What does that teach the kids? It's hard to blame parents to do so but in case of a 13 or 14 year olds when does a coach gets a chance to build some kind of stability when he has to deal with new kids every year?

MPSC 95's Elite should have placed their team in the PMSL this past Fall (the DOC or whoever makes the decision about the team placement should have recognize that) and after having some success and confidence they could have move up in the Spring. Both them and DISA are a good example of parents expectations being a bit too high.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
How about this...Let the kids decide where they want to play.

H
kick off
kick off
H
The Bridge U-14 girls have a solid 10 players that can play challenge or premier level soccer. They only have one player that is not age appropriate and is playing up. In the Fall Challenge League they only lost one game .....mostly due to the fact they started the first game of the season with 10 players and finished the game with 8 due to injuries.

G
bench
bench
G
Quote:

How about this...Let the kids decide where they want to play.

That sounds like a great idea!

My point was that if thre was interest in the teams combining, it means the option is there for both teams. it doesn't have to be MP to Bridge....why can't it be Bridge to MP? Maybe he didn't mean it that way, but it came across as arrogance that the only option is for MP to go to Bridge.

Both teams have new coaches, things are changing...

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
There is no easy answer...When it came to choosing where to play..My child made that decision as long as it was within reason..

C
Coach
Coach
C
I think that may be one reason it's so hard to get true cooperation among clubs...when proponents of one club come across as saying "just send your best players to us, we can do things with them that you can't," the natural reaction to that is, "Oh, yeah? Just watch us."

I never put all my faith in Dr. Phil or anyone else who claims to have all the best answers.

I've got good news and bad news...
L
Kickoff
Kickoff
L
No one is perfect and surely no one has all the answers but there are clubs that can say that and actually back that up - CUFC, CESA, Bridge at times. Better resources (fields, coaches) = better results.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard