Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Understand that the testosterone level goes up as the level of play goes up..Not just players but parents also

H
kick off
kick off
H
Scarrrry!!!!

L
Kickoff
Kickoff
L
I do sense some anger as well. Maybe that's why there will never be a one big club in Charleston area because no seems to get along.
I don't think anyone ever said that they need to go to Bridge, it's just an option if they want to play at the higher level (and win few games) and don't want to travel as far as Columbia.
I agree that there is more to this game then winning games but I find it hard to believe that all those girls were pretty happy after being competetive against only DISA. No one is trying to disrespect MP here.

How about all those girls go and talk to DOC or their coach and see what they have to say to improve the situation?

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

Understand that the testosterone level goes up as the level of play goes up..Not just players but parents also

Frighteningly enough, this is true! I like your philosophy...let the players have a say. And if a player expresses some dissatisfaction, that doesn't necessarily mean he/she wants to move to another club; sometimes it just takes some adjustments where you already are, rather than trying to start over somewhere else. Now, if all attempts at adjustment have failed or been rejected, that's another story.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

I do sense some anger as well. Maybe that's why there will never be a one big club in Charleston area because no seems to get along.
I don't think anyone ever said that they need to go to Bridge, it's just an option if they want to play at the higher level (and win few games) and don't want to travel as far as Columbia.
I agree that there is more to this game then winning games but I find it hard to believe that all those girls were pretty happy after being competetive against only DISA. No one is trying to disrespect MP here.

How about all those girls go and talk to DOC or their coach and see what they have to say to improve the situation?

I think a lot of the animosity is a reaction to some past posts where people did indeed say other clubs were "selfish" for not sending their players to Bridge and not doing what was "best for Lowcountry soccer."

A lot has been said about moving around vs. player loyalty. If a group of players is having a good overall experience in an environment that parents can support and afford, I would think the "loyalty" factor would occur naturally--whether folks from other clubs can understand it or not.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I think the best senario would be for the parents of both teams sit down with the coaches and DOC and discuss their concerns and to find out from the DOC what the plans are for these two teams and how do they plan to move forward..
Communications break down when parents talk to parents or a parent talks to a coach..We transmitt things that only concern us and our child and sometimes not the big picture.
Get as many together as possible and put it all on the table or hash it out and see where the club plans to move with these teams..Because here is a reality that some do not see..If these teams were to break apart and some go to this club and some over there and the club is left short on players..If things are not greener on the other side then the chance of coming home to a competitive team are slim to none..Trust me..I know.

L
Kickoff
Kickoff
L
That's a great call. Sit them all down and try to sort it out. Last thing MP and Charleston at that matter needs is losing even more kids to other activities.

With a bit of good leadership MPSC could be the best club in that area due to academy and strong rec program. They have couple of very talented young teams now and the future looks bright. There is no way that a club can survive for a longer period of time without growing the talent themselves. Bridge is a perfect example. Most of their teams struggle with numbers this year and there is no team in U-13 age group for girls. It's hard to hold your breath and hope every year for players to decide to play for you.

C
Coach
Coach
C
First time I've seen a thread on this topic turn from mudslinging to level-headed wisdom rather than the other way around...seems there's hope for progress yet!

bench
bench
So how has the combination U13/14 challenge level played out so far? Any improvements? Any talk/action on combining Charleston/Mount Pleasant area teams to get more competitive on a state/region level?

T
throw in
throw in
T
Quote:

So how has the combination U13/14 challenge level played out so far? Any improvements? Any talk/action on combining Charleston/Mount Pleasant area teams to get more competitive on a state/region level?

Curious as to why you ask? To use an old expression, "do you have a dog in this fight?"

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard