Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
bench
bench
We have a daughter coming up through the current arrangement and am curious which clubs are being proactive towards perhaps resolving (what appears from the previous conversations here) the dilema of "scattered" talent. I have read through this thread and it appears that things may be changing (or not?)

We are new to all this and trying to sort out which club/clubs might be best for our daughter (us) to explore.

"I kicked the ball and it went in the back of the net"
T
throw in
throw in
T
If your daughter is on the team, wouldn't you be aware of how her team is doing?

There are rumors still out there as to what will happen. Latest news is that yet another club has formed in the greater Charleston area. Something else out near Daniel Island.

That makes
MPSC
DISA
Charleston U
James Island
Summerville
Bridge
NEW CLUB (don't know the name)

I think the parents from all SEVEN clubs need to pressure for the clubs to do something to get things on track. There could be some real powerhouse teams, capable of competing statewide if these clubs pooled their resources and created joint teams.

bench
bench
Our daughter is not on a Mount Pleasant team. We have only been in the Charleston area a few years and she plays for another low country club. I found the SCYSA web site and can follow the teams there.

I agree, if there could be a melding of teams and talent it would make the local area stronger. What is in the way? Ego? Money? Lack of trying? What would it take to get a group meeting of the parents of the clubs you listed together? Is is feasible? Is there one DOC who the others respect enough to lead them? Or is status quo the norm?

corner kick
corner kick
In no particular order: fields, coach dilution, egos, money, sheer number of clubs, etc.

Where do you play? Whose colours do you use? Whose name? Which coach gets to coach the top team at the age levels? How do you find/afford fields? Will the Town ever give up Select at MPSC?

I'll leave it at that at the risk of beating the dead horse some more

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
E
bench
bench
E
I was reading this note and let me tell you something, I would like to promote a group meeting before tryouts, with all competitive team. The main objective will create a common benefit ( I do not know wich club we will represent, I do not know where we will train) but What I would like to see is how many players-parents are interested in change the monotony of soccer here. I know that this change could shake all global concept around. let me know if you are interested.

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
I am getting my popcorn .. as this should prove interesting!

throw in
throw in
Quote:

Wow...this thread's been busy! What you guys have been saying is spot-on with my observations; it really should be about the players' goals and whether they are having a good experience with what they are doing. Players who are happy with where they are and who they are with have a greater chance of achieving "success," however you want to define it. Wins do not necessarily translate into player development; some of the greatest strides in individual ability I've seen over the last few years have been with players on teams who started out struggling and learned HOW to win with the players they have.

I had the pleasure this year of coaching a "reunited" team--girls who had played together at younger ages, but had been split off into different teams for different reasons. They came back together their senior year for one last season together, and the results were pretty impressive; attitude, morale, and effort were improved, the girls actually had FUN playing together, and their performance (state finalists) was the best yet. I still maintain that many players--girls especially--are at their best when they enjoy what they do, not just when they're pushed from spot to spot simply trying to find the most wins.

From a while back but decently insightful.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard